• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Basic Brawl Friend Finder [It's like a diary of replays!]

The one and only

Banned via Warnings
Hmm... I'm clueless, and I really have never seen anyone use just one character In basic Brawl. I could be mistaken. Maybe he stays Lucas with you, and switches to others.... come on... no one would stay with the same character for that long. Even my bro Cray wouldn't stay Ganondorf every time. He would switch to Captain Falcon at times. Now, he just goes random, haha.

@ Supa, what a nice guy:) Helping that person get to the right forum.

So, I fought a Green Tl, he was okay. Just abused wifi. It's basically impossible to Di out of Toon Link's Back airs on wifi. Offline, of course you you can, because of zero lag. I did **** you, but all you did was spot dodge) Then I go Mk, and you leave. HA! Well, good games. Really, I was just going mk, and mess around to show you how easy It Is to abuse wifi. Be serious, and put some effort Into It. I really wanted those two to leave. Of course, they won't. The Zelda enjoyed my Snake, and I'm solid with him. I'll see what happens tomorrow. Good night all. Be blessed<3

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I dunno about off-line but he doesn't know when i'm gonna be on. He's always Lucario, i've never seen him as a different char and change to Lucario when I get in... nothing.

He's a die-hard Lucario haha. :p

I'm the Lucas, remember. :p

The one and only

Banned via Warnings
I dunno about off-line but he doesn't know when i'm gonna be on. He's always Lucario, i've never seen him as a different char and change to Lucario when I get in... nothing.

He's a die-hard Lucario haha. :p

I'm the Lucas, remember. :p
I see, well I fought a White Lucario yesterday. By the way, If you see a neutral Snake that uses Grenades In a camp situation. That would be me. Once you see a neutral Snake that will pull out a grenade. Get ready to fight. I will fight 3vs1 and win. I don't care who you are. Give me a good opponent that at least has good defense. I hope I run Into you Luco. I hope, you can, give me, a, good, fight. I must've never then crossed path with your Lucario friend then. I hope to find your friend tonight though. Same to you:happysheep:

Edit: Hey Link? Do you use Pit's arrows, and move a lot with Pit. Do you use Pits blue wings, and then do a reverse back air? I think a while I fought you before. I was a white Pit, and you were a Green Pit going In. You had better control than me though. Now, I don't think so;)

Found a Gold Pit yesterday. Admiral???? Imposter?????

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I was not on yesterday either. Apparently I'm addicted to playing some SA2b and got caught into the classics. You should know better on how to tell who's who.

dougthepug

Smash Rookie
Was anyone here in that 4 player pokemon trainer battle last night? That was fun, I believe we mostly used ivysaur if that narrows it down, but I still think its an odd enough sight that you'd remember :s

link2702

Smash Champion
I see, well I fought a White Lucario yesterday. By the way, If you see a neutral Snake that uses Grenades In a camp situation. That would be me. Once you see a neutral Snake that will pull out a grenade. Get ready to fight. I will fight 3vs1 and win. I don't care who you are. Give me a good opponent that at least has good defense. I hope I run Into you Luco. I hope, you can, give me, a, good, fight. I must've never then crossed path with your Lucario friend then. I hope to find your friend tonight though. Same to you:happysheep:

Edit: Hey Link? Do you use Pit's arrows, and move a lot with Pit. Do you use Pits blue wings, and then do a reverse back air? I think a while I fought you before. I was a white Pit, and you were a Green Pit going In. You had better control than me though. Now, I don't think so;)

Found a Gold Pit yesterday. Admiral???? Imposter?????
i haven't played at all today until about 5 minutes ago, i haven't used pit either going mostly snake or marth, sooo...sorry but it wasn't me.

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
@Periwinkle Yeah, I don't pick fights XD I do fast ducking a lot. There is probably a good chance you've seen me. I hack, so if you see a Warioman that actually knows to SD at the end so it doesn't freeze, then that is almost definitely me. I bet more people would remember the hacker they met, but I only do that to trolls who I want to leave the group, simply because they lag and are annoying. :>

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
@Bluekandy Do you use Jigglypuff sometimes? or a White Marth?

To the Green Sonic/Wario I just met with my Red MK/Wario... GG's! That was one of the best trolling rooms I've ever been in.

The one and only

Banned via Warnings
@Periwinkle Yeah, I don't pick fights XD I do fast ducking a lot. There is probably a good chance you've seen me. I hack, so if you see a Warioman that actually knows to SD at the end so it doesn't freeze, then that is almost definitely me. I bet more people would remember the hacker they met, but I only do that to trolls who I want to leave the group, simply because they lag and are annoying. :>
Do you use Black Dk?

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Messed around with my Falcon, Luigi, and Wario today and made some people RQ. Battled with this Diddy/Kirby/Mario. We even made some interesting combos together. I was pretty shocked at one point this Link was using his Final Smash on this Zelda who we were playing with and the Kirby managed to save her from dying by inhaling her as she got sent flying. I also got to prove to this one player that my Falcon was better then his. It's always a good day for me when I can do risk my pride and win.

Also in somewhat related news, I've recently installed music hacks on my wii and I've always wondered if other players on wi-fi could hear it as well. I'm pretty sure they can't since their wii's don't have the same files and whatnot but I want to get a second opinion or fact I should say.

The one and only

Banned via Warnings
Oh my xD Game and Watch Is so broken. No wonder people like to use him a lot. I just used him, and was untouchable. So broken, and I think more easier to use than MetaKnight:awesome:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It was stupid indeed. Don't ppl know who I am, let alone my battle style, or are they actually stupid? And this is me being a bit annoyed in a sense.

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
Also in somewhat related news, I've recently installed music hacks on my wii and I've always wondered if other players on wi-fi could hear it as well. I'm pretty sure they can't since their wii's don't have the same files and whatnot but I want to get a second opinion or fact I should say.
I've got a friend I play online with who has music hacks as well, and no, I don't hear any of it. Just like character model hacks, only those who have the same codes as you can see them (or hear them, rather, in the case of music).

The one and only

Banned via Warnings
To be honest Admiral... I really can't determine If It's your game-play or not. Two at the moment have copied your style now... A Green Pit, and Black Pit. Those are the first two I've seen copy your game-play. Don't worry, I gave them a rage quit butt whoopen.

I didn't show you that message to make you upset. I just wanted you to be aware. I'll keep an eye more on this rumor.

In other news: Mr.Gold Ike. You really need to stop thinking you can break though my Grenade game-play. I have style with my nades. You tried a lot, but failed. I also know how to spike Ike's recovery. I know that surprised you. Believe me, all I did In training mode was always find ways to gimp Ike. Hope you learn to just Jab, and quit thinking your fairs, and fast neutral airs will affect me. I will power shield them without fear. I got you Into a tech chase. Was to good for me. You were good, but not the best Ike I've fought In Basic. Though you're good. Keep It up. You're my rival, because you have a similar game-play like my Ike. In maybe next week; I'll go back to my colors, and such. STOP COPING MY GAME-PLAY! GET YOUR OWN BOX!

The one and only

Banned via Warnings
Where does Admiral even come Into this subject? I know he dispices It
when people use his name In a conversation, but he really doesn't do anything wrong. He hates some people. Big whoop! I do the same thing. He hates top tiers when he fights. Who doesn't? Leave the man alone, and grow the fick up already. I already know I've acted like a immature child my whole life In the Smash world. I had my reasons, but of course that's chicken **** through your guys superior knowleadge. Now, I get what Admiral Is fustered about all the time. The immature bull **** going on. Whether he likes It or not. I'm with his knowleadge of thinking. (Not all of It though).

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Lucas is the most cowardice/pansy/wimpiest/gutless character EVER! I have not once encountered a decent one for months. Only the wussy ones who run away from you the whole match and spam PK fire/thunder from a distance and for some reason always make taunter friends if you attack them. Lets people do the damage for him to run in and Up-Smash like a *****. He's definitely my most hated character in the game. sorry i had to let that out. :p

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We're just gonna move on and I say I don't like Lucas either. I'll be on the move today, so I may be around.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Lucas is the most cowardice/pansy/wimpiest/gutless character EVER! I have not once encountered a decent one for months. Only the wussy ones who run away from you the whole match and spam PK fire/thunder from a distance and for some reason always make taunter friends if you attack them. Lets people do the damage for him to run in and Up-Smash like a *****. He's definitely my most hated character in the game. sorry i had to let that out. :p
I can't say I'm a fan of Lucas either. No offense of course.
We're just gonna move on and I say I don't like Lucas either. I'll be on the move today, so I may be around.
you guys all suck. :(

True though, most online Lucas' don't actually use him but just throw him out. Most casual players hate the PKT learning curve (I know a few people it's turned off) so there aren't many half-way decent casual Lucas/Ness pkayers out there. :(

The ones that edon't main him can be annoying (Usmash spam anyone?).

To be honest though i find more links that i hate. Every aggro player for some reason loves to go link around here and it bugs me because I see it all the time.

Oh and to a lesser extent, Pit and Ike are also used.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Blame the noobish basic brawl ones I see. They're like noobish Links and Ikes that I find all around being easy prey, especially if they are in a 1v1 situation.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Yeah sorry Luco. I still side with Admiral Pit in terms of Lucas. Also the countless times I've had with decent 1 on 1 matches being ruined by them especially with them stealing my KOs with their forward and darn annoying upward smash attacks. Sometimes almost a character if I'm going to be fighting non-stop I'll switch to Mr. Game & Watch.

The one and only

Banned via Warnings
i haven't played at all today until about 5 minutes ago, i haven't used pit either going mostly snake or marth, sooo...sorry but it wasn't me.
No, no no. Haha, I meant a long time ago... like a year ago. Do you go by a White Marth, and a Red Snake? If so, then I've encounter you with my ToonLink before)

@ Admiral, okay, Lucas Is not bad.... His Up smash Is broken, and so Is Snakes Di. Hehe, I would be a Red Lucas that would be a good fight. Though I don't use my roaster anymore. Just neutral Snake, and neutral ToonLink. I want people to forget my game-play, then I'll return to my colors. You should do the same thing Admiral, It will helps those copy cats to forget your game play as well. To all of you! You should try It. HA! All go neutral xD I'd laugh hard on that.

Edit: @ Supa Do you use a Red Game and Watch? If so, then I might of seen you a while back. Like a year ago.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I always stay the default colours of my characters, the one exception being ZSS (that black suit looks so darn cool...) but even then I go her normal colour when i'm not versing my brother or someone in friendlies.

The one and only

Banned via Warnings
I see, well I've fought you many of times before without you noticing It. I was a Tan Ike that got you pretty bad. Was a while ago.

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
While we're on the subject of characters we hate fighting online, I'm gonna just come out and say I LOATHE fighting G&W (no offense, Metalbro). Maybe it's because almost every player I see always spams the same moves (standard A entrapment, back and down airs, excess down Smashes, random lucky 9 Judgements), or I've just had a lot of bad experiences with him for whatever reason. No matter the case, with all of my being, I absolutely, emphatically hate G&W.

The same goes for Olimar, but he's another story.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
The only thing I worry about in terms of Mr. Game & Watch are smart players that focus on preparing Oil Panic instant KOs filling it up with really strong projectiles. Otherwise that is the only time I ever consider him a threat. Also not many people know or use "Bucket Braking" with him which helps ensure you'll KO him a bit easier.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
G&W, Olimar, and MK are evil as far as I see it. Sad part is those are 3 of Pit's bad MUs as it is. I already explained the annoying Kirby routine, too. Speaking of evil G&W, make sure to keep an eye out for other players that may feed a G&W a bucket, same if you see one on Corneria (Arwings can feed him). In other words, be on your guard. That's also why I rarely trust Zeldas.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
what color ofpit does he normally use? gold?

if the pit you faced was gold, it sounds like it was admiral pit, a guy who is infamous both in basic brawl now(recently he's started appearing a lot in basic brawl) and apparently everywhere else for quite a long time now, mostly because he tends to deem everything and anything that beats him as "cheap" (he's the only player i've heard of who would label link, samus or some other low tier as "cheap" if he faced one that was just leaps and bounds better than him in reads and the matchup to beat him) and has often had a very short temper, and very high ego of himself, to the point where the pit boards themselves here actually shunned him out of their community due to his attitude.
>.> is he talking about you???? :p

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Unfortunately, the troublemaker is right, but not every gold Pit you see will be me. Think smart, collective, has grudges against certain things, is often calm around very few characters, and all-around one of the best Pits you'll ever see, although some unfortunate events will make it seem like I'm frustrated... Why you ask?

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Aww... I'm a decent Lucas. If there aren't any good ones out there, then you'll know if I'm in your room XD I play as orange-hair Lucas all the time =)

Do you use Black Dk?
Yes, I do =) I usually use black DK when I'm in a group that goes to sudden death so I can momentum cancel with up-b. I also use dark blue G&W to momentum cancel, and rarely yellow Yoshi (it's harder to get hit in the right spot so I don't die but I can cancel with side-b)

Speaking of which I met a good G&W Thursday who was interested in bucket cancelling.

Also, I use green Marth and I don't use Jigglypuff. :3

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
OH I gotcha, I just vaguely remembered "admiral pit" being mentioned and that he was a douche or something and then I see this guy posting and thought "huh, he doesn't seem exhaustively scrubbish or immature or anything" so yeah just wanted to clarify, not trying to start anything.

Unfortunately, the troublemaker is right, but not every gold Pit you see will be me. Think smart, collective, has grudges against certain things, is often calm around very few characters, and all-around one of the best Pits you'll ever see, although some unfortunate events will make it seem like I'm frustrated... Why you ask?
Just wanted to make sure I wasn't confusing you with the Admiral Pit that Mr. K and others have mentioned a few times in this forum, but yeah I guess they were talking about you, I just didn't see it based on your posts (you didn't seem overly arrogant or scrubby).

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I looked up some fights of Admiral Pit on Youtube to see if he really was what some people consider him as. I'm assuming people don't like him because of his defensive style of play, since he doesn't seem like a bad player. As for his kill on sight mentality, I'm sure most people have that, too, but they don't act on it.

I don't think I've fought him yet. I'd definitely remember fighting a Pit that actually uses the Mirror Shield.

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Admiral Pit, I may have seen you awhile ago, like a few months maybe. I was with my friend on basic brawl, and we were both pits. I think I remembered you because you could control looping 3 arrows XD

Ah yes! I just had a very successful 3 hour basic brawl in one room. There was an original CF, an original Marth (who was sometimes org. Ike) , and we teamed up on about 3 noobs that came on succession to our group before we met a nice person who used Toon Link/Lucas/Falco/Jigglypuff. Then the CF & Marth would have friendly duels while the Puff and I messed around. I mainly used orange hair Lucas in that group, but I also went blue Ganon, red Sheik (they just love those chain hits), grey wolf, dark blue G&W, black DK and a few others. Anyways, the CF left after a bit, and somehow got back into our group later on XD Then the Marth was hostile for a few matches and left. It was the nice Puff and I. We actually got to be in a Brawl where it was just the two of us before some more noobs came in. I left a bit after that (I disconnected the group, I felt bad for P3 if I were to leave him so I made it look like an accident lol) but I got a few nice replays =) Let me know if you were any of those three people. I had a blast! :D

Top Bottom