• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle for Power! (Matchmaking & Video Thread)

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Give me around 10 minutes, I just need to finish something.
E: Room's up.
Good games. I noticed you started reading me pretty good with the chokes lol. Also Flame Chain against Ganondorf isnt a good idea.

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
Good games. I noticed you started reading me pretty good with the chokes lol. Also Flame Chain against Ganondorf isnt a good idea.
GGs. But hey, you're the one reading me with chokes. One time you even did 7 in a row, that's insane. I think we both tried to be more agressive off-stage. (something I'm still bad at) And damn dark fists is good at destroying Ganon's attempts at edgueguarding.
man I was online too...
Sorry, forgot it was you with that name.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ jmanup85 jmanup85 Good games, you do a pretty good job watching for different offensive and defensive habits and mixing up your options. I think I have more matchup knowledge of the Ganon ditto overall, and while it wasn't by far my most interesting set of edgeguards, I think I still got to pretty effectively show my edgeguard skills.

Last edited:

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
I sent a friend request. can play for 30 min
GG's man. I couldn't even win a game off of you but I did learn more about ledge play with Ganon from watching you trounce me. I need to remember to DI away when I get d-thrown. And I'm sure that I was too aggro and needed to slow down and plan my moves a bit more. Also I use too much shield. That's what I got from our matches

@ Kyogokudo Kyogokudo your reads with that are getting better. honestly after playing A2 I know I need way more work

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
GG's man. I couldn't even win a game off of you but I did learn more about ledge play with Ganon from watching you trounce me. I need to remember to DI away when I get d-thrown. And I'm sure that I was too aggro and needed to slow down and plan my moves a bit more. Also I use too much shield. That's what I got from our matches

@ Kyogokudo Kyogokudo your reads with that are getting better. honestly after playing A2 I know I need way more work
I feel like I probably shield more than any other Ganon player here, but you did pretty well throwing in grabs and resetting aerial spacing after a few games in. I dunno if I can say anything really smart about my F-smash reads other than that I really like doing F-smash after ledge stand given it can often catch people off guard if they aren't explicitly ready to grab you. Also Ganon F-smash can sometimes be kinda silly in footsies if you predict a poke given the leanback and massive damage.

Also I'd be careful when jumping out of strings, given you definitely want to save your midair jump in recovery situations, even when running WDK because your midair jump + U-air can beat a lot of edgeguard attempts. Mostly though I would say you have the basics down pretty solidly. Work on recovery, edgeguarding, and learning matchups I'd say.

Last edited:

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Hmm noted about the midair jump. Recovery and edgeguarding definitely need work. I'm used to staying on the stage but you mixed it up alot by staying on stage, hanging on the ledge, running off and things like that.

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
Thought i was on the list but apparently not

User name: Bloodynite
In-Game name: Bloodynite
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Bloudynite
Country of Residence: Maryland, United States
Palette Colour: Standard

This is the only recording I got from my 2nd Smash 4 tourney which was about a month ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSUSo-qC77s

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Country of Residence: Florida, United States

This is the only recording I got from my 2nd Smash 4 tourney which was about a month ago.
Those matches were hilarious. Everything Ganondorf does is hilarious. Want to get up? Boot to the face. Want to get back to the ledge? Boot to the face. Want to play footsies? Boot to the face? Gonna roll? Get grabbed and a palm to the face. Did something stupid? Boot to the face? Shield broke? Warlock Punch. :laugh:

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

Country of Residence: Maryland, United States

Did you know you can F-tilt and D-tilt Bowser after Flame Choke? You probably would have done a lot better in those matches by setting up juggles from D-tilt, for instance.

Also SH N-airs and D-tilts are your friend for spacing.

Last edited:

Bloodynite

Smash Ace
Did you know you can F-tilt and D-tilt Bowser after Flame Choke? You probably would have done a lot better in those matches by setting up juggles from D-tilt, for instance.

Also SH N-airs and D-tilts are your friend for spacing.
I normally just stick with jabs just to keep it into Flamechoke resets rather than go for juggles but yeah I know you can follow up with ftilt and dtilt.

I really should start using Dtilt more idk maybe I'm still kinda autoing as if I'm brawl ganon. I don't have time to play this game that often and I only got the gamecube adapter back in late March.

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Those matches were hilarious. Everything Ganondorf does is hilarious. Want to get up? Boot to the face. Want to get back to the ledge? Boot to the face. Want to play footsies? Boot to the face? Gonna roll? Get grabbed and a palm to the face. Did something stupid? Boot to the face? Shield broke? Warlock Punch. :laugh:
All we need now is for Ganon's boot to come flying out the TV at anyone who dares to pick Sheik, Rosalina, ZSS, or Villager against Ganon.

(In all seriousness these matchups aren't all that bad with customs)

Last edited:

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
All we need now is for Ganon's boot to come flying out the TV at anyone who dares to pick Sheik, Rosalina, ZSS, or Villager against Ganon.

(In all seriousness these matchups aren't all that bad with customs)
I'd say Sheik and ZSS are even with Customs, and ZSS might even be slight advantage Ganon. Not sure about Villager.

PS, if anybody is in in the Glendale/Greater LA area and looking for some friendlies, I've been going to Fire and Dice's Sunday tournaments.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'd say Sheik and ZSS are even with Customs, and ZSS might even be slight advantage Ganon. Not sure about Villager.

PS, if anybody is in in the Glendale/Greater LA area and looking for some friendlies, I've been going to Fire and Dice's Sunday tournaments.
Maybe some other time I'll make my way over there. It's about 1 hour away. How often do they have tournaments?

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile

We Denialboards now.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Does anyone know if Bizzarro Flame has been serious about SSB4? Well, there's his Ganondorf from a recent Come on and Ban #13 vs. Arikie's Sonic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0QN9UrKLPE.
I wouldn't imagine so. I think he's smart enough to know that Melee Ganon can't fly in Smash 4, and he's def playing Melee Ganon. So I'd imagine it's just for fun.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Alright, here's my matches from the tourney I went to playing as the Dark Lord.
Note that had little experience against Luigi but know what to expect from him

Grand Finals
Bracket Reset

Reaperr

Smash Rookie
NNID
wryBread
Pretty solid games but it seemed like you were hasty at some parts which resulted in some SDs. If you side-B near the edge of the stage you can just hold the stick towards the stage and you'll grab it instead of free falling off. Good games though!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
ok... you've added me, right? I'll just go and accept that first, then I'll go online.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
GGs, @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG . That was a blast.
You're a really intelligent Ganon, which shows in how you play, and I like how you've perfected Gerudo > dash away Pivot Fsmash.

You should work on becoming faster with Ganon - you'd be deadly.

We can do customs next time.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
GGs, @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG . That was a blast.
You're a really intelligent Ganon, which shows in how you play, and I like how you've perfected Gerudo > dash away Pivot Fsmash.
Your techchasing is probably the best I've seen, and it's scary. You're often two steps ahead of me on the techchase game and you know some really interesting strategies with F-air.

I really admire your playstyle as I can follow a lot of your technical decisions. You seem to be really good at taking things patiently, you mix up your recovery really well overall. Kept me guessing offstage, where I typically consider myself stronger. I probably should learn to tech anti-edgeguard attempts more often, heh.

Also I'm noticeably worse on BF than FD, which you might have noticed.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Your techchasing is probably the best I've seen, and it's scary. You're often two steps ahead of me on the techchase game and you know some really interesting strategies with F-air.

I really admire your playstyle as I can follow a lot of your technical decisions. You seem to be really good at taking things patiently, you mix up your recovery really well overall. Kept me guessing offstage, where I typically consider myself stronger. I probably should learn to tech anti-edgeguard attempts more often, heh.

Also I'm noticeably worse on BF than FD, which you might have noticed.
You have no idea how happy that makes me :upsidedown:
I think most of my kills happened via Gerudo, taking advantage of the DI. Still you did a good job avoiding lots of the shenanigans.

Ye, you were better on FD, where your land-chasing was put to good use.

Don't worry about those missed stage-techs - those are hard in delay.
(Our connection is surprisingly good, though.)

Ye, recovery-mixups... @ Vermanubis Vermanubis should make a guide on that. He's the best Ganon at recovering as far as I can tell.

Send me a message when you're hungry for battle the next time, A2.

Last edited:

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
I'm free if anyone needs a sandbag. Wait, who would even need that ?

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
If you don't mind 3DS matches we could play. I am one of the lower skilled Ganon's so don't worry about getting destroyed.XD(Won't be using Ganon only though)
Fine, I have around 20-30 minutes right now. And you don't know how bad I am lol.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ Scraptor Scraptor You're getting better! Your spacing is improving, though sometimes you need to be more careful with when you throw Wizkick and DA. It's important to remember to wait and try to mix in grabs.

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
GGs. Sorry for the poor plays, I have absolutely no excuses as to why I was that terrible. It says a lot when I've done better as Link whom I just started playing 4 days ago than with Ganon that I played since the beginning. I'm usually better even on 3DS. But you did great, I don't understand why you called yourself one of the lower skilled Ganon main, as it looks like the opposite to me. Your Robin is good too, but nowhere near as scary as your Dorf.

Scraptor

Smash Cadet
NNID
ScraptorBC
@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG Thanks! Yeah in the ladder matches and the matches with you and the one with @Opana I played recently I am really noticing the repetitive rush/not spacing correctly with DA or wizkick and as soon as I throw them I am like dang that wasn’t good option lol. I will keep working on mixing it up. What I have learned from you and Opana that my off stage game is super weak. I know there were a few times I feel like should have been able to gimp you but I threw the wrong move in that situation or didn’t throw it early enough and you killed me instead, and I thought I probably shouldn’t have died there.
What is helping too is going on the ladders and playing higher ranked players. I finally broke that wall of worrying about my rank. All I care about it doing better in tournaments. I am really trying to use ladders as a training ground getting used to spacing against faster playing players than FG, Diddy Kongs, and platforms practice. I feel more comfortable on Omega stages right now but I know with better players that really limits Ganon’s options against certain characters and his from below attacking options are really good.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
@ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm sorry man, it's even worse than usual (still waiting on that internet upgrade, should be around next week).

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
@ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm sorry man, it's even worse than usual (still waiting on that internet upgrade, should be around next week).
It's not that bad, I had to stop midway because of phone call (sorry about that).

If you're still up for it, I can join your room.

Top Bottom