• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle Lounge 500$ Bonus Pot Melee&Brawl Major Florida Tournament 8/28 - 8/30

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
lets say i miss the first day fri? cuz i work. how mxch do i miss?? i can make it saturday but i want to know if its worth going? what could i still enter???

nicaboy

Smash Champion
is grand finals n stuff saturday too? and are you gonna be there saturday? cause we gotta mm
Yes finals are on saturday. It looks like you gotta be beaten 4 times(considering you go on friday and saturday) to be eliminated completly according to this schedule.
http://www.thebattlelounge.com/?page_id=94.

I will be here both days of course. I dont see the problem if you come on saturday only but it looks like your just ****ing your self over if you just show on saturday since your decresing your chances of winning. Then again most tourneys are double elimination anyway. Regardless there is a $500 bonus so imma try and get that ya feel me.

i got other things to do.

good luck to everyone else.
someone got cold feet :(

MVD

Smash Master
so wait I gotta go on FRiday to enter in Brawl dubz and singles then go back the next day for Finals and such?

nicaboy

Smash Champion
no I dont believe so. But if you come on friday it increases your chances of winning. I think the winner of pool A cant enter pool B the next day. Its not the way im use to smash tourneys but w/e. Dude did you read the link. Thats all im doing.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Pool A is Friday which is the initial pool and Pool B is saturday winner of pool A and B will = to the final round that gives players 2 chances to compete if you come on friday and loose you can pay to enter Pool B top winner of pool A will not be allowed to compete in pool B btw.
Omg this people please read k.
Seems I was right.
But wait so we gotta pay for both days now? Meaning for each pool we gotta pay $10 to enter it? So that comes up too 40 dollars for the weekend?

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
It is 20$ for the weekend

No you do not have to be a part of the anime convention

Yes the pool A and Pool B are 2 seperate events so you have technically 4 chances to win if you come both days. So yes that means you can show up on Friday and win.

The pot is going completely back to the players.

This is a major tournament meaning it is meant to be a 3 day event.

Any more questions?

I have been out on the road posting fliers and making deals like crazy please do not make this difficult for me by heavily complaining in my thread.

MVD

Smash Master
nobody is complaining bro lol im just making sure lmao. can u explain the pot stuff some more? like the extra 500, and the percentages and all that stuff

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Where's the hype? This tournament is giving out a $500 bonus to the winner and it's just starting tomorrow. :confused:

A bit too late to say this, but I'm going to need a partner. I won't beg for one this time, though. If I don't get a partner, I rightfully deserve so for posting so late. >_>

I'll be at this right after school ends tomorrow.

:069:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
so is the brawl tourney starting friday? or can i just pop in and enter tourney saturday? cuz man lol school/work johns o.o

Ballistics

Smash Champion
but do you have to pay twice if you enter both pools? Im assuming the 20 dollars for the weekend is just the venue fee. This is too complicated i just say make it all saturday. I'll be recording saturday, and will probably miss good matches from friday.

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am going to change the first page to better explain the tournament.

20$ For all 3 days you only pay once as long as you have your band that we are giving out your good.

You do not have to even look at the other anime convention next door.

There are 2 tournaments happening for the same game Friday is considered Pool A which means that the top 4 players of the tournament advance, saturday would be pool B which is a fresh new tournament where the loosers of Pool A on friday can pay 10$ again on saturday to try again at the tournament after the top 4 is decided the 4 from pool A and 4 from pool B will compete for the cash prize.

Those 8 will be shuffled and randomly selected to compete for the top 3.

The pot distribution will be announced tommorow on grounds during the starting of the tournament, however it will be 100% back.

Any other questions?

PB&J

Smash Hero
fl step ur game up

if this was in ga like 100 plus people will be here..i dont understand y everysmasher in fl wont be here..people dont think these days and shiz is def going so u should put that in the title

with shiz going u would think i would drive there..fl
get it together son

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Oh, so this isn't real pools, more like an elimination bracket, right? I'm OK with that.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I hope that they won't randomly shuffle the pool bracket. It's acceptable to do that for the final bracket since the competitors would have equal-enough skill to even make it that far, but if two good guys (like... Afro and Nick Riddle) got paired up in the pools bracket in the first round... then that would just suck. =/

Last chance for me to find a partner... but I won't do any of my usual whining about how no one ever wants to team up with me, so yeah... >.>

Oh, and do you need any extra Wiis? I still haven't unpacked mine from the ZP tournament. Been too busy playing FFVIII on my PS3. XD

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
We are a little low on Wii setups and smash/melee games if possible could some people bring some we will try to award you as best as possible call me at 954 240 0503 if you can. Tommorow preferably since that is when we will be getting our bulk amount.

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
NO POOLS for saturday. I coincidentally went to the tourney since it was the same place where MizuCon took place.

A total of 6 people (no less than 10 for sure) entered the tourney. O yes and we had one lag-free, HD-TV

/fail

MVD

Smash Master
ok results!

1. Afro
2. MVD
3. Underground
4. Nick Riddle

prety much all the imprtant stuff you guys need to know lol

Top Bottom