• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Battle Lounge 500$ Bonus Pot Melee&Brawl Major Florida Tournament 8/28 - 8/30

MVD

Smash Master
oh and Afro was in winners I was knocked into losers round 1, and I took Afro to game 10 in GF's

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
k so who won the real games and what were the payouts?
1st Marn - $1,300
2nd Flash Metroid - $100
3rd Ryu player - $48

Anything else I'm missing on these "real" games?? LoLz.

ANYWAYS this tourny was a HUGE hit to the hosts. Most tourny hosts would have abandoned the tourny much less pay out pot bonuses if they don't get the numbers they needed. Not only did they go through with the tourneys but they still paid out bonuses to all the games. Total costs puts them thousands of dollars in the hole for sticking through with this. I don't know of any tourny host who would do such a thing. Period.

Madd Props to the hosts for sticking through with this.

-L-

-!-

Smash Lord
Underground is just some "random" Falco that shows up to miami tournaments... imo he is the best Falco in Fl. he just doesn't go to many tournaments. I wanna see who he managed to beat o.O??? Bracket or any info on that???

-!-

Smash Lord
any videos recorded btw??? I mainly wanna see underground vs Nick Riddle and MVD they must of been intense o.O

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
dxmnn who did underground played?
underground? whos that?
Underground is a pretty beast Falco that rarely goes to tourneys, only goes if its in Miami. He should be at my next brawl monthly to stir things up. Good Luck to anyone that gets him in the bracket lolz.

Oyea BTW Underground had to leave early in losers finals so he didn't even get to finish the tourny. He basically forfeit in 3rd place, so he "could" have gotten a higher placing but no way to know for sure...

-L-

-!-

Smash Lord
Oyea BTW Underground had to leave early in losers finals so he didn't even get to finish the tourny. He basically forfeit in 3rd place, so he "could" have gotten a higher placing but no way to know for sure...

-L-
WTF he forfeit the set :mad: why did he had to leave o.O???

but cool he'll be at your next tourney... he is too beast :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
so many beast people who dont even go to tourneys. its crazy

wish it were a character besides falco though. never been a fan of falco as a character...i was pretty happy when shaky showed up cause i like ness. but falco? meh...

Edit: lol lee why are the words "hate lee winning" in blue in your sig? im not angry at you for beating me or anything

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
so many beast people who dont even go to tourneys. its crazy

wish it were a character besides falco though. never been a fan of falco as a character...i was pretty happy when shaky showed up cause i like ness. but falco? meh...

Edit: lol lee why are the words "hate lee winning" in blue in your sig? im not angry at you for beating me or anything
I know I know lolz. But as soon as I get good at this game and start winning then I'm gonna make everyone feel like that lolz.

-L-

-!-

Smash Lord
I felt like looking him up on google and got some geeky red hair kid with a rat in his head holding a mop XD and lots of pasta

-!-

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
The low turn-out is pretty pathetic considering the bonus included in the pot. Seriously, where was everyone? We had like 13 people total show up in both Friday and Saturday. >_>

Meh, whatever. I actually made money in this tournament. And MVD still owes me $10.

:069:

MVD

Smash Master
The low turn-out is pretty pathetic considering the bonus included in the pot. Seriously, where was everyone? We had like 13 people total show up in both Friday and Saturday. >_>

Meh, whatever. I actually made money in this tournament. And MVD still owes me $10.

dude enough with the 10 bucks ok one thing I hate is ppl like that about money, just stop lol

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'm only kidding, MVD. Just give it to me when the time is right. No rush. =P

quite the disappointing turnout.. but blame the trolls telling people not to go.

was the bonus only for 1st or spread out
Well, first thing's first: The bonus was cut in half from $500 to $250 due to the abysmally low turnout (heck, SF4 just barely broke even with their 50-player turnout).

Also, while the bonus was technically for the person in first, we agreed that Afro would get half of the total winnings while me, MVD, and Lee split up the other half. It was only just before the grand finals when we learned about the bonus being cut, and that was when we decided to split the earnings.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I'm only kidding, MVD. Just give it to me when the time is right. No rush. =P

Well, first thing's first: The bonus was cut in half from $500 to $250 due to the abysmally low turnout (heck, SF4 just barely broke even with their 50-player turnout).

Also, while the bonus was technically for the person in first, we agreed that Afro would get half of the total winnings while me, MVD, and Lee split up the other half. It was only just before the grand finals when we learned about the bonus being cut, and that was when we decided to split the earnings.

We agreed? You didnt agree on **** mah *****.

I split with MVD, cuz hes a snake brotha. What MVD did with his cut is his.
I could of agreed not to split and take it all.

EDIT:
Lee next time the rules change like that you should tell everyone immediately, instead of...at finals. You told me and Nick pretty quick, but everyone else...not so quick.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I guess how I worded that was pretty bad. I meant that you splitted with MVD, but MVD, me, and Lee already agreed on Friday to split the bonus between us if one of us made it that far. Sorry. >.>

spider_sense

Smash Champion
We agreed? You didnt agree on **** mah *****.

I split with MVD, cuz hes a snake brotha. What MVD did with his cut is his.
I could of agreed not to split and take it all.

EDIT:
Lee next time the rules change like that you should tell everyone immediately, instead of...at finals. You told me and Nick pretty quick, but everyone else...not so quick.
Yo little brother why does your sig look like snake just came bullets?

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gotta go to jury duty will put payouts as soon as im back.

SF4
1: Marn
2: FlashMetriod
3: Big5
4: Simplypheer
5: Pyrotron
5: Glitch
7: Artryu
7: Trent

SSBM
1: Linginn
2: Nicaboy