• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bellioes Video Thread NEW VID 7/20/09

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Don't let your shield take so many hits, against Marth it becomes even more crucial that you get out of the habit because a shield breaker can get you KO'd early.

Trying to beat other characters' aerials or attacks if they have better range/priority than Diddy's isn't such a good idea, OoS attacks or shieldgrabbing is better because you don't run as much risk of being hit. Umm, use the smash MFK, ya` know, when he jumps out farther if you're going to use it for damage. Don't play as aggro as you did in that match, defensive players would have a field day fighting you.

Those are like the basic problems I guess. .-.

Count

Smash Champion
Meh I hate to be a dousche but I don't think everybody needs their own video thread. I considered myself a fairly well established diddy main and I just put my stuff in the critique/video thread. It's not just you, I dunno I just get annoyed when half the threads on the board are hay look at my diddeh threads.

That being said I will watch these later today :D

edit: critique!

cons: you recover poorly, and you really can't afford to do that against marth. It is hard enough to recover vs marth, even if you mix it up well.

^same goes for your ledge game, I admit this is extremely difficult.

I didn't really see any peanuts and the only time i saw dribbling was when it wouldn't have helped anyway.

Uthrow is your best friend in this matchup. You really need to use it, it makes the marth matchup so much easier.

I recognize that those were friendlies, but blindly approaching marth is dangerous a lot of the time.

Be careful about taking him without a banana, if he is inside your defenses and you are bananaless marth may be the hardest opponent to get back out of your defenses

pros:

i liked your use of nair, you used it to combo at smart times.

you dsmashed him once when his recovery didn't quite get the ledge. Imma steal that.

the time you plucked a banana then diddy humped him was a great mixup

you were playing marth on his best stage the whole time and did fine; playing marth on battlefield can make anybody look bad.

you were pretty smart about when to zdrop and when to instant throw

the time you got him to di one way then threw him the other way was really smart.

one last thing: make marth prove he will up b you out of your usmash before you cease using it, usmash is pretty useful in this matchup when marth isn't annoying you with that.

nice diddy! hope this helps some!

Bellioes

Smash Lord
No offense taken Count. I was gonna just do what Hanson and AZ were doing and just keep updating this thread as I upload more vids.

@Choc0
Yeah, I realized I played a little to aggresively against Marth. I dont know why but there are times where I play campy and times where I play aggresively against Marth. The problem is that the matchs where I camp are too long to get recorded :ohwell:

Im also in the process of breaking the habit of shielding so much. Ill try to actually remember in future matchs to lighten up on the shoulder button.

All the other advice was good too. Ill try to apply that in future matchs (especially the MFK since for some reason, I always want to 'stutterstep' it causeing me to do the short one).

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Yeah, but Ingulit said theres a way to record while playing on a TV. I can PM you later with everything he told me if you want.

@Count
Thanks, that was some really helpful critique. Also, Im gonna really try to learn to play more patiently and less aggro. I think its just because replays can only be 3 min that I play aggresively. Ill try to record my campier matchs later.
Ill try Usmash and see how it works for me. I also realize that I SD a lot -_- I really got to work on that with my recovery and ledge game. Any tips/mixups for the ledge? I really feel cornered everytime Im on the ledge.

I finally got Wifi since we moved so Im practicing there too; playing someone you dont know is never the same as playing your brother. Its stupid how well I know him and his little habits, ingame as well as out of game :laugh:

QUESTION; I saw some rolls in my vids and I was wondering what you guys think. Did I roll in the wrong situation? Would a better player have punished me? I know I roll a lot less now but I still feel like I roll on instinct when under pressure as well as shield a lot.

Count

Smash Champion
Getting up from the ledge against marth as diddy is one of the hardest, sometimes when you're cornered you can try just a regular ledge get up then grab him, and then can get you going again. Other than that, you just have to be as unpredictable as possible. I feel like if marth plays against you on the ledge correctly, you only have one option to get off each time that you must guess. Extremely difficult.

I am bad on the ledge against marth, and my recovery game in generally is by far the weakest part of my game, I bet that goes for a lot of us so no need to feel bad.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Get up attack
Regular get up
Ledgehop
Ledgedrop DJ > fair
Ledgedrop DJ > Airdodge
Ledgedrop > naner pluck (any combination of which lets you grab the banana)
Ledgedrop DJ > Diddy hump
Ledgedrop > Regrab ledge

Mix it up! Don't be afraid to regrab the ledge several times in a row. If the Marth starts charging an Fsmash, let it whiff then just regrab the ledge, odds are he's going to throw another one out there or starting his DB bs =P

Hope that list somewhat helps/reminds you of what you can do XD We all forget from time to time :)

blukberry

Smash Cadet
Bellioes on bros account

Yeah, I guess I just forget I have other options. Ill try to mix it up but its easier said than done :ohwell:

b1anK

Smash Apprentice
There were times when you were trying to fight the Marth without bananas. When in a situation like that you should be defensive,wait until you have an opening to pull off a side b kick, or a shield grab or just get away from him so you can pull out nanas. Other than that very well done :).

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
You were a bit over aggressive against Marth. You really need to be patient against Marth and wait for openings in his defense because he can stuff most of your approaches with the long range of his sword and once he gets in on you it can be hell. Other than that you were really good. I liked that ledge get up to dsmash in the first video. Also that time you plucked a banana faked like you were going to pick it up and then diddy humped was really good. Maybe try to work some dribbling into your game.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I usually dribble more but the problem is that I sort of got locked into only using dribble>Fsmash after I 3 stocked my bro 3 matchs in a row with it that I forgot about its other uses. And now that hes adapted, I completely left dribbling out of my game now. Ill try to get that back into my game along with peanuts which I know I need to use more.

I played Kadajs Marth on wifi today and it was intense :) I know wifi doesnt account for much but I still think I did pretty well. One thing I realized is that I Monkey Flip a lot. After a trip, after he hits me, after I hit him etc. Its really becoming excessive and I think I need to learn to lighten up on the MFs (the above matches had a lot of MFs too :ohwell:)

Top Bottom