• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Commentators?

kozimoto

Smash Journeyman
Niagara Falls NY. US , Strasbourg, France
Ok, many of you noobies that first read this are gonna be live "Why the **** is this under tactical?" and i'll ask you, is there not a tactic on how people commentate matches? (wether their style is serious or funny) AND the way people commentate matches can either make the players piss their pants laughing or just piss them off. either way it can effect the outcome of the game.

As i watch vids from tournies. I noticed that there haven't really been any good commentators since the MLG days. sure there may be a few exceptions such as Waffles from the west coast.

My question to you is who do you think the best commentators are? My vote goes to da K.I.D of Rochester, New York. His style is just awesome.

Commentators from Melee and Brawl are viable in this thread :colorful:.

bobson

Smash Lord
What, for Brawl?
Didn't you hear? All the cool people are playing Melee.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
SamPan is a good ESPN commentator, but I find him boring.
He wins with info though.

Personally, I like Sky and DJNintendo's commentary. KID is a pretty legit commentator as well.
And of course, the "Melee Guy" lol
the guy in the vid mentioned is also a very excellent commentator and should commentate more often.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
ok, heres my thoughts.

I am an AMAZING commentator but i dont quite think im the best

Sky is amazingly funny, but im on his level. but Im the best out there that doesnt cuss.

DJnintendo is a beast. hes funny as hell.

SamuraiPanda is ok, but his commentary is only thought to be amazing cus the first time he did commentatry was on a stream that didnt have any video. SPs commentary is amazing for radio, but when it comes to play by play (a certain style that some people have) i dont think its really necessary for brawl streams

theres this guy in vegas, his name is rabbi, he does play by play but his is amazing cause he commentated on SiN (Smash in Nevada) and hes knows almost nothing about smash so he would say stuff like calling up airs up smashes and b moves, tilts, which was just rofl. so his commentary was great to listen to

DMG also has some pretty beast commentary but its can get annoying cause he tends to repeat the same stuff over and over, so he really shouldnt be allowed to commentate on more than 2 brawl sets in a row.

kozimoto

Smash Journeyman
ok, heres my thoughts.

I am an AMAZING commentator but i dont quite think im the best

Sky is amazingly funny, but im on his level. but Im the best out there that doesnt cuss.

DJnintendo is a beast. hes funny as hell.

SamuraiPanda is ok, but his commentary is only thought to be amazing cus the first time he did commentatry was on a stream that didnt have any video. SPs commentary is amazing for radio, but when it comes to play by play (a certain style that some people have) i dont think its really necessary for brawl streams

theres this guy in vegas, his name is rabbi, he does play by play but his is amazing cause he commentated on SiN (Smash in Nevada) and hes knows almost nothing about smash so he would say stuff like calling up airs up smashes and b moves, tilts, which was just rofl. so his commentary was great to listen to

DMG also has some pretty beast commentary but its can get annoying cause he tends to repeat the same stuff over and over, so he really shouldnt be allowed to commentate on more than 2 brawl sets in a row.
K.I.D. r u coming to A taste of Buffalo on 8/1???

I would say its you for East Coast and Waffles for West

and SamuraiPanda and WTP in Midwest

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
The guy that commented SIN, Rabbi i think it was, was really really good, although he knew nothing of smash. He was just really professional, it was amazing

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
No one has mentioned Afro's commentary? He did it like once at Apex, that stuff was hilarious.

Laem

Smash Champion
'the guy from this vid' = WTP(is who? xD) is god tier, can any1 supply links including said people? (sure, post wombo combo, we'll just kill you quickly)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol brandon is famous for his commentary now, too good

ahhh <3 his early vids on his channel were of modesto ppl

PARK

the roots son

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Oh yeah, and MD/VA's TKO definitely.

Probably the best at juggling commentating and interacting with the livestream chatroom too.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the wombo combo dude is probably the best commentator ive ever heard. Like its not just that one video either, if you watch any of his vids hes rediculously hilarious

kozimoto

Smash Journeyman
the wombo combo dude is probably the best commentator ive ever heard. Like its not just that one video either, if you watch any of his vids hes rediculously hilarious
I would agree, I was watching this vid where Mango Screeches SS at a really low % and than Waffles and a chorus of 1000 others go "OH MANGO YOUR SOOOOO GOOOOD!!!!!!" its halarious

Top Bottom