• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Move In Melee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
shine easily

if it hits a character off stage it has this odd amount of knock back that prevents any character from recovering if they have only their up-b. it hits them the exact length of a characters up-b plus just a little bit extra

it makes no sense. not even pika can recover if shined out of his up-b

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
falco dair. You're lucky to trade hits if you challenge it, shielding is usually your best choice unfortunately (depending on who you are).

ru5514n

Smash Ace
Obviously Fox's shine. Comes out in one frame, can be cancelled near-instantly, can combo into itself repeatedly, and can kill at zero.

j/k, the best move in the game is DK's down-b in midair :p

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Rest. Kills fox at 12% with good DI (according to m2k). That's ********.
M2K has terrible DI is he gets killed by rest at 12%. I can survive a rest up til 22% from center of FD

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Rest(knockback of Gill god), the Cape/Sheet(ultimate "**** you" edgeguard), and Falcon Knee(speed, hbox, powaa).
also Peach's Dsmash(just WTF).

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Ice climbers down-smash is by far the best move in melee yes i think it's better than the shine. Look at the list of things it can do

disjointed
uber fast
lasts fairly long
does like 20% each hit
kills/racks up a lot of damage
is a combo
can be used to chain throw a number of people
edge gaurd
great approach/tech chase
does a lot of sheild damage and won't be punished by shielding foes to much
hard to punish overall
can be used to de-synce
they duck with the move.

really this move is better than like all of the bottom/low tiers.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
no one has said peach's dsmash yet?

as compared to IC's DSMASH?!

wow

my list (i TRIED to put them in order, but my mind can prob easily be changed depending on the criteria for best and just how i feel):

Zelda Down+B
Peach D-smash
Jiggs Bair
Fox Shine
Jiggs Rest
Fox N-air
Falco Dair

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
peach's down-smash can't chain throw like ice climbers nor is it as far, but is one of the most retartded moves ever. i've watched a random adn saw a marth get hit by a down-smash and take 46% WTF? But chain throws are still better because you can take sheik to 60% chare down-smash in grab to finsh and down-smash her recovery or wd onto the edge. Down-smash=death

keeper

Smash Champion
Full hop neutral.

WITH ANYONE. :|!

peach's down-smash can't chain throw like ice climbers nor is it as far, but is one of the most retartded moves ever. i've watched a random adn saw a marth get hit by a down-smash and take 46% WTF? But chain throws are still better because you can take sheik to 60% chare down-smash in grab to finsh and down-smash her recovery or wd onto the edge. Down-smash=death
It's a ridiculously stupid move that is hard to punish.
Dsmash is broken.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
peach's down-smash is the best I argee but if we are talking about spaming the living S*** out of one move I love down-smash of ICE climbers best, sorry it gets me hard. but if peach has ice climbers wd yeah her down-smash is the best in the game.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
best video on youtube

Best Moves:

Zelda's Down-B
-Needs no explanation

Falco's D-Air
-Comboes into itself, is a part of, and can start, the best combo in the game, perfect for edgeguarding, great for gimping, can tech-chase with it

Fox's Shine
-Best Edgeguard?, Infinites, Gimping, Speed of the move/lag time, combo-ability

Falco's Shine
-Sets up for, and is a part of the best combo in the game, speed of the move/lag time, can add an extra 8% before a B-Air (Shine -> B-Air)

Puff's Rest
-Duh, But DI-able

Falco's Lasers
-Sets up Falco. Falco would be less of a character if he didn't have these.

Fox's Up-Smash/Up-Air
- Vertical Kills are toooooooooooooo good.

In That Order.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Probably Fox's shine. Better than Falco's shine because it only sets up combos on certain characters(and occasionally kills off the top/sets up for shine to up-B).

Only other moves I'd say are close are Jiggs' Bair and Rest.

Rest can be comboed into and can kill/deal damage, but it can also be punished hard with a stock trade or a powerful punish, and whiffing makes it risky.

Bair is great because it has great range, starts up and cools down sorta quickly, is used to wall, can shield pressure, combo, and kill.

Shine can shield pressure, but also cancel into grabs, upsmashes, jumps(and by that, aerials), set up for tech chases/followups at any percent due to its set knockback. Shine also comes out super quickly and cancels very quickly(and is invincible when it comes out). It also allows for infinites, which can obviously rack up damage and set up for kills simultaneously, which is certainly something rest/bair can't do. Oh yeah and the obvious shine spike part lol. Gimps ****.

Shine has damage racker/safer if whiffed on its side vs rest.

Shine has faster startup and cooldown/better damage racking/shield pressure/infinites/invincibility on active frames over Puff's Bair.

I.B

Smash Lord
Shine.

Frame 1, JCable, auto knockdown depending on opponent's weight(iirc?), potentially clinks with any move

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
shine easily

if it hits a character off stage it has this odd amount of knock back that prevents any character from recovering if they have only their up-b. it hits them the exact length of a characters up-b plus just a little bit extra

it makes no sense. not even pika can recover if shined out of his up-b
EXACTLY. this shouldn't even be up for insane debate anyways....shine is the most ****ing broken move in the game....(well of course it is since fox is the most broken char in the game after shiek)

Grunt

Smash Master
downward angled forward tilt
by captain falcon.

now im sure you've been playing captain falcon and axed yourself, "what could i do to edge guard in the most efficient way possible?" or maybe, "How can i become more awesome?" well the answer is simple my friends, the downward angled forward tilt, or DAFT for short. you're probably in training mode right now trying to accomplish this feat of DAFT. well, let me tell you, it's no easy task. some players have spent their lives trying to learn the DAFT, and few have mastered it. The well known Isaiah of California is the prime example of DAFT excellence. It has been said that Isaiah had to travel to the great Mt.Fuji of Japan and scale to it's towering peaks before he could become a DAFT master. do you finally realize the intensity that it takes to learn this amazing move? hopefully you will push forward and make it through the harsh lessons coming up ahead, and become one of the few, the immaculate, DAFT people.

1. WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?

Despite the difficulty that learning this move will bring, it is important that you see the move in action before attempting. any uneducated attempts of the DAFT may result in serious injury of your leg, brain, pituitary gland, colon, and may induce violent, mouth foaming seizures. So, I'm sure you all know what the regular f-tilt looks like, Captain falcon swings his leg straight out in front of him. but the DAFT is slightly, and way more awesomely ... awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcuTBmWgfIU#t=4m15s

here is glimpse of Isaiah doing the DAFT against a worthy opponent, and he ended up killing him. coincidence? i think not. now that your feeble mind has harnessed the great power of the DAFT, i bet you want go rush out and try it right away, right?
WRONG! you will simply fail without proper training and initiation.

2. MT.FUJI, YOUR MELEE DISC, A SACRIFICIAL VIRGIN, AND YOU.

So how do you harness the amazing power of the DAFT? like all great things in life, they take time, effort, and human sacrifice. Isaiah didn't get to this position he is in today by sitting at his computer eating piknik and playing Driver 2 on his spiffy Gameboy SP system, now did he? he climbed the worlds largest, most robot infested mountain in the world, Mt.Fuji. he climbed to the top fighting off hundreds of T-1000's with only a toaster with a shellder sticker on it, and Chu Dat's dashingly good looks. Upon reaching the top, Isai and his companions (Chu Dat and his sacrificial virgin) reached the feudal Japanese village, who worshiped the DAFT gods. here, Isai was able worship the DAFT gods for a number of years by anointing his melee disc and removing the beating heart of Rachel (his virgin), and finally returned to California. he was now able to DAFT like no other man in the world could. this process is a terribly dangerous journey, but if you want to become a DAFT master, it is crucial.

3. ****** EVERYONE

The Japanese have taught you to throw out DAFT left and right to obliterate your opponent. the following clips are extremely rare footage of Isai at his maximum power level, Dafting an opponent into submission. then, after that, it shows a complete DAFTing noob (Vulcan55) failing to DAFT at all, and getting mercilessly killed for his impotence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAXgkZjQZXQ

It should also be noted that Vulcan55 broke his wrist during the process, and now suffers from bouts of dementia.

4. CONCLUSION

Hopefully you are now aware of the true power of Captain Falcon's DAFT. Since Japanese Feudal magic is not prohibited against in MLG rules, Isaiah was able to destroy the competition by suffering his opponents to his DAFT at only a fraction of his power level. before tournaments all across the globe start to realize DAFT's power, it is in your tournament winning's interest to make the journey to Mt.Fuji and become the best.

Like no one ever was.
...except Isaiah.

vicious1990

Smash Apprentice
Marths f-smash is the best move. i say this because i main marth and because azen made that move so fun to use. nothing like wavedashing backwards and hitting a approaching char with f-smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom