• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players.....again

t3h Icy

Smash Master
DGDTJ had some pretty interesting results, and it's debatable about the top players at the moment.

0. Mango (though some argue he shouldn't be rated anymore since he loses)
1st-5th: Armada, DrPP, Amsah, M2K, HBox

Armada beats M2K
Armada beat DrPP
DrPP beat M2K
DrPP beat HBox
M2K beat HBox
HBox beats Armada
HBox beat Amsah
Amsah beat Armada
Amsah vs M2K and DrPP has yet to happen

So we have a big messy web for who's the top. Granted though, we haven't seen everything with Amsah, and M2K more dominantly beats the players that aren't top of the world (like Kirbykaze and Lucky most recently).

This makes it really hard to make a "true order". As it looks, DrPP has only lost to Armada, but we have yet to see him vs Amsah, who is very good against Falco.

HBox is still often considered the #1 player, but he's been slipping a lot, losing to Fly Amanita, M2K, DrPP and Lucky.

And for 6th, we have to give it to Jman after beating Lucky, Zhu, Mango and many others today.

7th/8th is your pick of Lucky and Zhu.

And down from there is messy. Some speculation of Axe being a world class player took a hit after losing to S2J and MacD, but perhaps he can prove himself again soon.

So once again, who do you believe are the top players?

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Like the previous threads, I'm sure we can all agree that these players are among the top (in no order):

Mango, Hungrybox, Dr.PP, Armada, Mew2King.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
0. Mango (we all know he's the best).

1. PP - has proved himself lately.
2. Hbox - has done more than others lately
3. Armada
4. M2K
5. Amsah

Amsah is 5 because even though he might be top 1 or 2, he hasn't had a chance to prove it. GG

Aaaaaaand putting Amsah over hbox is pretty ****ing stupid

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Mango lost to Hbox today as Fox, how does that make people feel?

I don't know what to think, i also don't really care because mango vs lucky would have been wack, whereas seeing lucky tap was awesome.

I feel like its something like this:

Armada > Dr PP > M2k > Hbox > Armada
which is like a circle.

Amsah hasnt played m2k or pp so idk, he's good tho.

Lucky for prez. jesus walks on water.

otg

Smash Master
people seem to forget that hbox has beaten m2k and pp multiple times in tourney and has only lost a handful of times to them total. Recent results dont dictate long term ownage imo.

also, wtf is good with mango

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
LOL the obvious amount of sand in mangos bag is hilariously awesome.

Anyways, I would like to go out on a limb and say PP is 2nd best out there right now. Even between Apex and RoM3 when he lost to Armada and beat M2K there was a RIDICULOUS amount of improvement, and his matches with Armada were already close enough as it is. I can't even imagine what PP is going to do/has been doing with his time to practice and figure things out even more, watch him vs M2K and see how he can do even BETTER, etc. Of course this could be said about anyone, but it's kind of hard to argue with when it's someone who beats Hbox, 5-0es Jman, and takes M2K out in not one, but two sets.

I guess we'll see how things go though =)

D

Deleted member

Removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

arcane9211

Smash Apprentice
I'm not including Mango anymore until he starts winning again

Armada, PP, Hbox, M2k = any order
Not sure about Amsah, pound 4 isn't much to go on and was a year ago
Then we have a big mess of names like jman, shiz, zhu, lucien, lucky, and numerous others
No idea about the rest of Europe/Japan/etc

Armada

Smash Lord
I don´t care that much but Amsah beat me is true but not true at the same time.

I mean yes he beat me at Pound 4 kinda big but that was one tournament.
The score in set sience one month before Pound 4 is 6-1 (and many set before that but that was a really long time ago and Amsah wasen´t in shape so i dosen´t count them)

(score in matches is something like 24-5 :p)
In my opinion many sets in pal should count over one set in NTSC.

But yeah when Hbox have lost twice tournament in a row this discussion maybe can be a bit more fun :p

<3 Amsah
<3 Hbox

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Mango lost as fox? I don't know why people are surprised, people were just being dumb when they hyped mango up to beat unbeatable, I'm not saying he isn't still the best player but he's not on some seperate level from the top players that people put him on. That aside the results surprised me, I thought Hbox just let complacency get the better of him at rom 3 and I thought top 2 at this would def be Axe and Hbox, it's like major tourney results only make sense if Armada attends. If I had to make a list then

1) Mango
2) Hungrybox
3/4) Armada/Amsah
5/6) Mew2king/Drpp
7/8) Zhu/Jman.

PB&J

Smash Hero
hbox 2-0ing mango's fox in tourny just proves friendlies dont mean much

teh icy for supermod asap

and jman for president

armada- are u coming to pound 5, housing wont be a problem so just get your butt over here

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
If friendlies don't mean much, why do people say Mango is the best when he only beats people in friendlies now?

People need to get off of Mango's ****.

PB&J

Smash Hero
Mango can win..he just needs to be more motivated or something..i hope he really plays his real characters at pound 5

LLDL

Smash Hero
Sorry amsah, but i don't put him in top 10 just for beating armada and jman at pound.

I think people that say friendlies don't count are dumb. Let's say that mango jv5 stocked all the top pros with his falco in friendlies, then went falcon in tourney and lost....the friendlies still count. He's obviously better lol.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
amsah gonna tap dat poontang at pound.

pound predictions:

1. kirbykaze
2. shiz
3. amsah
4. etc

lwouis

Smash Cadet
>implying that transitivity apply to Melee ranking (i.e. that x > y and y > z means x > z)

Good analysis after that though.

Lukahn

Smash Apprentice
I feel something like

M2K
Armada
DrPP
Mango (though I don't like the way he plays, dunno why...)
Shiz

I like th way Axe ***** but to my mind, he's still under these guys...

Yeah, look at the recent tournaments he's won. But really, if mods want MaNg0 to win a tournament, all they have to do is unban him / his try-hard self

inb4modstellmetopostthissomewhereelse

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Sorry amsah, but i don't put him in top 10 just for beating armada and jman at pound.

I think people that say friendlies don't count are dumb. Let's say that mango jv5 stocked all the top pros with his falco in friendlies, then went falcon in tourney and lost....the friendlies still count. He's obviously better lol.
But mango didn't JV5 stock all the top pros and he didn't go falcon in this tournament. He went Fox and he still lost, I can't imagine his Falco would have feared any better. If he wants to be Hbox reliably he's gonna have to break out that Puff again. Get off his ****.

Top Bottom