• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Players (Post Apex 2012)

D

Deleted member

Yeah, and two good reads might be a stock? Maybe? Probably not.
i enjoy a good challenge, unless its tope anally ****** me

also, i think an elite fox is harder than falco for falcon. they have to be very very good though

twizzlerj

Smash Journeyman

also, i think an elite fox is harder than falco. they have to be very very good though
The only reason I am trying to become a elite fox its kinda tough I need more people to practice with.

Citizen Snips

Smash Journeyman

also, i think an elite fox is harder than falco for falcon. they have to be very very good though
For all I ***** about it, I really enjoy the Falco matchup way more. Fox is so hard to grab, and he just ***** you out of everything

Also, yeah. Sheik's hella gay.

Xelyst

-_-
im just gonna be honest in this post

armada is the best
he beat pp hbox mango in tournament twice
has positive records against all the top pros of america
he has placed 2nd 4rth 2nd 2nd 1st 1st... thats better then anyones placing in the last 2.5 years ..
when not counting nationals he basically always places first
how many GAMES did armada actually loose not counting hbox sets at apex .. i mean hes to consistently good .. he is the best

mango is too random right now..
most friendlies ive seen mangos wins are random but i see allot of losses when he plays armada
he needs to put in the work like hbox and armada did and he can be top again
hes still second in my opinion
his us us nationals and locals win record is still higher then like anyone.. cant be ignored .. i still think hes second

hobox is tied for third against pp.. i dont know thats hard to call
hbox only does well in the finals of big tournaments with puff.. and even then he camps it out so hard and defends by saying he plays to win and its allot of money on the line .. while that is true 100%.. its still the only style and character we see him do well with ....
he can only play that way imo and has always played that way so i would probably put him at 4rth

5th goes to mew2king when hes feeling well
because yes overall hes still good ..its just hard to accept not being the best
but if he loves the game and still loves going to tourneys to try his best he'll always be top 5

i dont count javi in top 8 yet.. i like consistent play so if he plays well in the next tournament then he's top 8 in my book.. not better then ANY of the pros tho... pp will not let a 3 stock comeback on his stage happen again.. hopefully he doesnt let 1 fox change his perception on the matchup because he plays against spacies perfectly

but honestly javi is in fact amazing .. again .. if he does place well again or beats pp again then **** yah i would consider him awesome .. still not top 3.. he's really gotta make his mark and work for it consistently like everyone else did

1. armada
2. mango
3.pp
4.hbox
5.m2k
still hard to call between hbox and pp.. but i would say pp

javi needs to **** in one more tournament imo... who ever puts jaxi above any of those players is a ****ing stupid ****** .. calling it now

opinions are fun

if you dont like it ... dont bother posting cuz i really only come on the site after big nationals to watch the vids lol : )

i dont **** ride anyone .. i dont know who they are as people so i dont give a **** about who they are lol.. only in the game is what matters .

but yah if im bashed for anything ive said then thats fine .. its the internet .. whatever helps you sleep..

but armada is the best .. thats a fact

edit : also... kirby kaze is gettin up there... and if kages quitting im gonna miss em ...

+ smash 64 went to canada > smash melee went to europe > and brawl went to japan ... thats funny as **** imo

Merkuri

Smash Lord
im just gonna be honest in this post

armada is the best
he beat pp hbox mango in tournament twice
has positive records against all the top pros of america
he has placed 2nd 4rth 2nd 2nd 1st 1st... thats better then anyones placing in the last 2.5 years ..
when not counting nationals he basically always places first
how many GAMES did armada actually loose not counting hbox sets at apex .. i mean hes to consistently good .. he is the best

1. armada
2. mango
3.pp
4.hbox
5.m2k
still hard to call between hbox and pp.. but i would say pp
o
I'm starting to think Shroomed is somewhere close to that list. At his last two internationals he only lost to players, in that top 5. Which is something no player except Armada has done at these past two tournies o_O

And PP will beat Hbox in the head to head, but I think Hbox is better. The difference between them may be so slight it's irrelevant, at the very least I kinda feel like Javi is equal to M2k. Apex really could have just been his lucky day though

mesa23

Smash Journeyman
this looks like fun so imma give it a shot

armada = #1
he used to have quite a bit of trouble vs falcon and puff i think but he stepped it up like a boss and he's won the last 2 ultra huge tourneys pretty damn decisively. iirc, he didn't drop more than a handful of games total at apex and beat hbox, mango, pp, shroomed, etc

hbox = #2
took 2nd at apex where he beat mango, javi (who is hella impressive), kirbykaze (who put him in losers), wobbles, shroomed, zhu and a bunch of other notable names. he finally took a set off armada's yl (as far as i know the score is 3-1 in sets now)

mango = #3
despite not having played since rom 4 (i think i read that somewhere, not sure if it's true but i wouldn't be surprised if it was) he did all sorts of awesome stuff at apex. ice, kirbykaze, javi in that exhibition match thing, lovage, etc he wasn't able to repeat his performance vs hbox from genesis 2 though and he couldn't climb over the mountain that is armada

dr pp = #4
i totally called him getting sick at apex. if he wasn't cursed with that whole get-sick-only-at-tournaments thing then maybe he'd be higher on the list. but he's cursed so he's stuck at #4

mew2king = #5
despite dropping out of the melee singles bracket thing and losing his controller mid-tourney he still took #1 in teams with armada and i don't think anyone would deny that m2k is insanely good at this game. the only people he ever loses to (besides wobbles loololololl) are the ones above him on this list

below these guys i'm not too sure who i'd put where
but for 6th/7th place a couple of names i'd consider are shroomed and wobbles
wobbles beat darc, unknown, and m2k and was knocked out of the tourney by pp and hbox. dude is hella good
shroomed had to play against teczero (sheik/marth iirc), i.b. (marth i think), kdj (went marth/sheik i think), unknown522, armada and hbox. that's a pretty tough bracket for a doc as far as i can tell. he only lost to armada (who he took a match off of iirc) and hbox, who went on to take the top 2 spots in the tourney.

there were plenty of other folks who performed hella good and i'd say are top 10 like kk, javi, hax, zhu, etc but imo they'd have to take the 8-10 spots

having written all this crap i can totally see why people write these all the time, it's pretty entertaining.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I want more Doc experience so that I can fight Shroomed as a player and spend less of the match thinking "when did Doc become good," and see how the game plays out from that point.

B/c right now any rematch we have would probably end up with him 2-0'ing me again and it wouldn't even be interesting ;_;

Beat!

Smash Master
That's not how we do it on the boards, Wobbles. You're supposed to go to your character board and tell everyone how you have concluded that Doc vs ICs must be at least 80-20 in Doc's favour.

Bing

Smash Master
Anyone wanna bet on how long Armada's reign is going to last?

I'm worried that if he keeps ****** the U.S, he won't bother to come over here, because he has already proven that he is already the best player. I imagine he'll keep traveling here at least until the end of the year, so that he can have a legitimate reign as king, and not a few months where he was considered the best.
Armada isnt ******. Theres an Extreme Difference in ****** and winning. Yes he did 3-0 Mango, in 3 close games, Hbox took him to the 2nd set, And theres many players he hasnt even had to play yet.

I bet he'll win the next national in the 2nd set next time, and lose at the national after that.

Max?

Smash Champion
Armada is leagues beyond the rest of Europe. There are people in America who can beat him. Until these facts change, he will continue to come to the US

Fågelholken

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious on Mango's view of all this and the game atm. Anyone who has talked to him or knows how he feels about it? Like, is he motivated to continue, or does he feel it's irrelevant right now?

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I wanna see more Javi. We haven't had a new plausible contender for number the 1 spot, since PP blew up at the beginning of last year. Even better he's an international player...so exotic! ~_~

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
i dont count javi in top 8 yet.. i like consistent play so if he plays well in the next tournament then he's top 8 in my book..
Finally someones making sense around here

Armada is leagues beyond the rest of Europe. There are people in America who can beat him. Until these facts change, he will continue to come to the US
True.

I'm curious on Mango's view of all this and the game atm. Anyone who has talked to him or knows how he feels about it? Like, is he motivated to continue, or does he feel it's irrelevant right now?
He'll john and the fanboys will believe it

Top Bottom