• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "best" players

Status
Not open for further replies.

strawhats

Smash Master
Things that will happen at ROM 3:

-Hungrybox gets 2nd
-Kage beats Mango again (2-1)
-Someone that upsets through the bracket places 9th
-Jman doesn't suffer an upset this time (Axe, Dr.PP, Amsah, Axe)
mango (marth) vs. hbox (puff) can't wait.

Hope mango wins.

strawhats

Smash Master
exactly...mango seriously should go marth though...marth i feel is the only character if played correctly against the MU could beat puff besides fox.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Probably so but You have to get lucky the first match. You have to get a stage like Yoshi's or another small stage and win the first match. If you lose the first match you'll probably lose the set. Puff ***** Marth in counter picks.

Freestylin

Smash Apprentice
allrite, here is what i think:

1.Mango
2.Bairbox
3.Armada
4.M2k
5.Axe
6.Dr.PeePee

Armada is clearly above M2K imo, 3 tournaments in a row, sounds pretty fair to me to put Armada above him, unless you guys think he was lucky... 3 times in a row (lol)...
other amazing players:

Amsah
Jman
SilentSpectre
Darkrain
Zhu
DaShizWiz
Shroomed
Lucky
Calle W

i cannot place numbers for my second list, i think they are all capable of beating each other and there are prolly a bunch more i forgot to mention, but yeah thats it.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
allrite, here is what i think:

1.Mango
2.Bairbox
3.Armada
4.M2k
5.Axe
6.Dr.PeePee

Armada is clearly above M2K imo, 3 tournaments in a row, sounds pretty fair to me to put Armada above him, unless you guys think he was lucky... 3 times in a row (lol)...
other amazing players:

Amsah
Jman
SilentSpectre
Darkrain
Zhu
DaShizWiz
Shroomed
Lucky
Calle W

i cannot place numbers for my second list, i think they are all capable of beating each other and there are prolly a bunch more i forgot to mention, but yeah thats it.
How did you muster up the strength to Put Amsah Below PP and Axe?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
well it's not really much of an upset right now. At ROM2 It was an upset. Kind of how Armada beating M2K was an upset at Genesis....now it's almost expected. :urg:

Brookman

Smash Hero
I dont want to burst your bubble but when a well known player loses that does not automatically make it an 'upset'

I think an upset is something like mango vs. kage.

cause really . . . you know what I'm getting at??

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Ehh, I used the wrong wording. I think that if Jman didn't suicide in his set with Amsah, it would have been different.

Also Amsah, you're one of my favorite players in the world. D:

And PP vs Jman was an upset at the time.

Regardless, Jman never does quite as well as he's fully capable of doing.

Umm if anyone cares I beat Jman in a MM 3-0 at Apex.

<3 Jman but I figured it was useful information.
You lost 2-0 in Bracket though, but you kinda ran through everyone else on the other side.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The first 2 Matches were so good. I've never seen Fox vs Sheik Matches that entertaining. At least not normally. The last match was just so gay. I think Amsah and Jman need to play in best of 5 set.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Regardless, Jman never does quite as well as he's fully capable of doing.
Nothing personal against Jman here- cause he's a G- but when you say this you have to really realize what you're saying.

If Jman was capable of doing better he would perform better. By saying he always performs better than he could is means two different things.

Obviously he can place higher (since he did poorly) but he didn't exactly have the ability to at the time.

In Jman's favor, we all know fox is kinda inconsistent, as a character.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The thing is Jman has beat most of the other top 10's at one point in time with the exception of Amsah and I think Hbox. So given that everyone knows he's capable of doing it. He just seems to fall short sometimes. He's kinda like the new Shizwiz in that aspect. How he use to fall short against M2K and Chu back in the day.

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
Can someone link me an AMAZING set PP vs (somebody else amazing) PLEASE?

I've NEVER seen ANYTHING about PP aside from Hype. lol

Heard great things, but haven't see the amazingness I've heard about and I KNOW it's seeable SOMEWHERE. (saw a vid of him 3 stocking a player that I didn't think was very good, but it wasn't even entertaining lol)

How is he 6th on that list people are discussing? I want to know why! lol

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Can someone link me an AMAZING set PP vs (somebody else amazing) PLEASE?

I've NEVER seen ANYTHING about PP aside from Hype. lol

Heard great things, but haven't see the amazingness I've heard about and I KNOW it's seeable SOMEWHERE. (saw a vid of him 3 stocking a player that I didn't think was very good, but it wasn't even entertaining lol)

How is he 6th on that list people are discussing? I want to know why! lol
If you don't know by now you don't deserve to know.

It would be like me saying Why is Armada in everyone's top 3....seriously man how can you not know about the Professor of Urine?

Bamesy

Smash Ace
...making interesting maneuvers in the Okanagan...
I'm a sheltered boy.

It's my nickname in my region... >_>

Seriously, it's bad. I play this game less than once a month and go on 4 month breaks without it and never watch vids. The boards and internet contacts or local discussions with other smashers are my only thing that links me to video games.
ALL video games.

I'm so sheltered I played Super Mario 3 for the FIRST TIME last December (1 level, never beat the level lol). I've NEVER played ANY other game before Smash 64 came out, not most since then either (like anything, Ocarina of Time, anything)

I know it's ****ed up, and I'm completely aware that it's one of the rarest and saddest things ever...
But I gotta start somewhere.
That's my life story, now you won't be surprised...
So don't make fun of me, I'm trying ok?
:(

LOL <3
seriously though, who is PP and why he good?
I know he's a **** Falco that got 2nd at the tourney Kage beat Mango at...
That's...
About...
It...
<_<

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
PP is better than Axe.
Axe, and PP have only played at one tournament if I recall... and this was Pound 4.. and Axe beat PP in Falco dittos, and with his Pikachu....

Axe, and PP are both very humble players, so Im sure either both will tell you the other is better, or neither will claim who's better...I'd say.. Just enjoy them both, they're both awesome players. :)

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
^ What V3ctorMan said.

Axe actually could be listed as #5 based purely on what's happened in tournaments so far but we just don't idk. I think even though we do take tournaments into consideration we also kinda have a thing of just knowing who's better.

Yes we know Mango is the best because of how much he's won but he got 25th at Apex and after Apex we started putting him at 0 rank. Not even 1 anymore, just 0. Some things are just knowledge I guess? =P.

I'd like to see Lucky on a really good day vs hungrybox though. I think Joey could do it cuz hes raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape and because he raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapes vs Puff.

<3333 Joey

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I really don't think Axe is a top 10 player yet, but he may get there.

Remeber, the only top level Sheiks at Apex were M2K and..... that's it (Tope had controller issues). You can see how this affected the rest of the bracket as IB and Hax didn't run into any Sheiks either.

Axe had a bracket full of his best match-ups. I think Axe can be considered a top player if he does well again at the next international he goes to, but for now, it's speculation.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

Remeber, the only top level Sheiks at Apex were M2K and..... that's it (Tope had controller issues). You can see how this affected the rest of the bracket as IB and Hax didn't run into any Sheiks either.

Axe had a bracket full of his best match-ups. I think Axe can be considered a top player if he does well again at the next international he goes to, but for now, it's speculation.
Fox's all the way ;). I think Axe will at least place top 10 at the next super tournament anyway.

Merkuri

Smash Lord

I think this is simply terrible logic. Axe isn't as good as tourney results indicate because he doesn't run into shieks? So the **** what? Your character being ***** in a particular match up doesn't make you any worst of a player.

And by the way Axe probably wouldn't have too hard of a time with Shieks, he did beat Tope at Pound 4 using Falco. He is not going to use Pikachu against them.

Also keep in mind that although Axe only beat spacies at Apex, spaicies are still a difficult match up for Pikachu and they are by far the most abundantly played characters in tournament. We assume that DRPP and Jman are on a higher level than Axe even though Axe has beaten both of them in tournament? :urg: (and Jman twice) it's really erroneous logic there.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I think this is simply terrible logic. Axe isn't as good as tourney results indicate because he doesn't run into shieks? So the **** what? Your character being ***** in a particular match up doesn't make you any worst of a player.

And by the way Axe probably wouldn't have too hard of a time with Shieks, he did beat Tope at Pound 4 using Falco. He is not going to use Pikachu against them.

Also keep in mind that although Axe only beat spacies at Apex, spaicies are still a difficult match up for Pikachu and they are by far the most abundantly played characters in tournament. We assume that DRPP and Jman are on a higher level than Axe even though Axe has beaten both of them in tournament? :urg: (and Jman twice) it's really erroneous logic there.
Tope at Pound 4:

Winners' bracket
Defeated DarkRain
Defeated Drephen
Defeated DEHF
Lost to M2k

Losers' bracket
Lost to Amsah

Overall placing: 9/48

Tope at Genesis:

Winners' bracket
Defeated Zelgadis
Defeated fly amanita
Defeated SilentSpectre
Lost to dark rain

Losers' bracket
Defeated Linguni
Lost to Hax

Overall placing: 13/126

What Sheiks has Axe beaten? And if single match-ups don't matter, wouldn't that mean you can exclude Armada vs Jigglypuff, making him the best player in the world? =/

You also have to consider that Jman and DrPP (as well as the other spacies) don't know the Pikachu match-up fluently. Clearly, Axe is a high calliber player, but by no means in the top 10 area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom