• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Best Teams (character wise)

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Link's decent on teams imo. So is Pika. Other than that I know absolutely nothing about low tier teams.

Also Falcon/Falcon works really well... Fox can't kill him without a shine spike 90% of the time (yes shine spikes happen, but vs other chars, bair kills happen more often) and they're fast enough to get each other out of crappy situations. Plus team combos are no joke... they're essentially a gimp, even simple crap like a. uthrow -> b. knee -> a. knee would kill at ridiculously low %s. They keep momentum well too and get the crowd on their side xD

Alukard

Smash Hero
Fox is the best aggressor, jiggs is the perfect support character. she kills off grabs, she saves fox best, she never needs saving, she edgegaurds real well. Meanwhile, if they try to double team fox while she is recovering, he can hold his own better than any other solo character. He has ridiculous gimping potential and kills of the top are too good.

Honestly, it doesnt get better than fox jiggs.
i agree with this ...

altho i think after that its

fox, peach
fox, fox
fox, sheik
fox, falco

LOLOLOL at fox

Proverbs

Smash Lord
FALCON FALCON

or falcon falcon
Yeah, this is basically it. Double Falcon is basically the best team ever. I mean, Falcon has a lot of speed, creative movement, and ability to tech-chase, and Falcon has great combo-ability, and some pretty solid finishers. I think Falcon and Falcon cover what the other one lacks pretty well.

john!

Smash Hero
Anyway, I think it's Fox/Puff.
Two of the same character is stupid cause then you can get counterpicked. Jiggs rest is broken in teams. Fox's quick combos and "come out of nowhere" upsmash and gimping potential is also broken in teams. The two characters also happen to complement each other very well, as one gets easy kills off the top and the other gets easier kills off the side. They both also have decent grab range and ways to punish when an opponent is grabbed by the other person.

Jiggs/Fox is the best team, no question.
But yeah I'd probably say Fox/Jiggs for "best" team but other combinations would come really close.
Fox + Jigglypuff.
when used to the best of the team's ability, def Fox/Puff. rest is seriously ridiculous in teams. if you ever wanted a rest cancel, you get it in teams, as long as your smart about when you're using it.
Fox + puff is amazing
Puff has very good survivability in teams, if a team mate grabs an opponent she can instantly kill them at almost any percent from almost anywhere on any stage, and she is very good at covering a lot of space and forcing opponents to recover at bad angles.

Fox is amazingly fast, can kill from anywhere on the stage, can land grabs more accurately and from more situations than any character except maybe marth and on a team with jiggs can wake her up very quickly with little to no lag or damage.

This is no question the best team combination in the game.
Probably Fox/Puff tbh.
Good team: Fox/Puff
Fox/Jiggs is the best.
Fox/Jiggs
Fox is the best aggressor, jiggs is the perfect support character. she kills off grabs, she saves fox best, she never needs saving, she edgegaurds real well. Meanwhile, if they try to double team fox while she is recovering, he can hold his own better than any other solo character. He has ridiculous gimping potential and kills of the top are too good.

Honestly, it doesnt get better than fox jiggs.
fox jiggz, grab to rest is tooo goooooooood
/thread LOL

Nothing more needs to be said.

AssaultFalcon

Smash Cadet
What about a projectile character/G&W's buckets, seem like a good strategy. Personally I think Falcon/Falco would work out pretty good. Falco's laser would make up for falcons lack of a projectile so he can't be punished so easily. Maybe Marth/Link, doesn't really seem that bad, alot of strategy can be used, links bombs to marths counter, links boomerang to marths sword pierce, Sword dance to linkw forward smash, but you guys only used top tier teams

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I don't mod Melee but while I'm here...as tempting as it is otherwise,

Be nice.

Or imma have KevinM all up in here like *that*.

null55

Smash Master
What about a projectile character/G&W's buckets, seem like a good strategy. Personally I think Falcon/Falco would work out pretty good. Falco's laser would make up for falcons lack of a projectile so he can't be punished so easily. Maybe Marth/Link, doesn't really seem that bad, alot of strategy can be used, links bombs to marths counter, links boomerang to marths sword pierce, Sword dance to linkw forward smash, but you guys only used top tier teams
lol you guys? the question is which is the BEST team. it's not a matter of who we use. low tiers just ****in suck.

and i love Falco/Falcon, just cause it's a **** load of untapped combo potential (where you @ Mike), but they're pretty much gimp food if you lose momentum.

LOL i actually kinda like the bomb to Marth's counter idea. but nah, that's dumb. :)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Puff is good in teams, but I don't think she is the best. On bigger stages she can get hit away and her partner gets 2v1 for 3-5+ seconds while she takes the time to get back near the fray.

Her rest is really good, but its kinda situational. I would rather have fast moving falcon with high powered knees any day. Sheik basically does the same thing gimp wise as puff with better movement and teamwork opportunities. Marth's sword sets up team combos better than puff's bair.

Puff is great with a team mate that can hold his own well in 1v2 (ei, fox) but really lacks potential with lesser team mates.

Also, I don't think fox/puff is as good as Fox/Fox or Fox/Marth.

My favorite thing about teams, though, is that the specific characters don't matter as much as overall team work and spacing. Me and my parter play yoshi/pikachu and can beat teams just using better teamwork skills.

I find that few top level teams base their games around character picks, but rather they play their main and work together.

AssaultFalcon

Smash Cadet
lol you guys? the question is which is the BEST team. it's not a matter of who we use. low tiers just ****in suck.

and i love Falco/Falcon, just cause it's a **** load of untapped combo potential (where you @ Mike), but they're pretty much gimp food if you lose momentum.

LOL i actually kinda like the bomb to Marth's counter idea. but nah, that's dumb. :)
So I take it we're talking about best team overall. In that case, I think Shiek/Fox would be the best. They have identical speed and compliment each others combos, But If we ever meet online, Expect a Mario/Falcon. Im just curious, is friendly fire applied at tournaments.

Silk

Smash Apprentice
Warning: the below post contains much IMO

Fox/Falco
Fox/Peach
Fox/Jiggs
Falco/Peach

Those **** space animals make for good partners.

Also, the Isai/Ken thing may have just been a case of they are so **** good and I don't think it necessarily means that Falcon/Marth is a top team combo (and as someone pointed out Isai went Sheik for many team games).

Animal

Smash Lord
i dont like fox falco personally. For me and my teammate we like to have one charachter be more of the agressor, and the other hold stock. fox falco gets gimped way to easily. and falcos lasers can be amazing or devastating.

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Depends on your style I'd say.

Marth/Falcon are the most destructive team. Knees and tippers get work done.

Sheik/Peach compliment each other amazingly. Near impossible to get a solo fight going against this team. The priority of these characters just dominates, and tons of stage control.

Puff is probably the best team character overall. That being said, Fox/Puff is probably the best team around. Fox separates the other team the easiest, and can keep one of the two busy, giving puff the advantage of a small fighting area to do work on. Not to mention Fox can get grabs like it's nothing for those quick rest combos. Fox can also easily avoid damage while puff is offstage or respawning.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Marth Falcon would get destroyed by space animals and sheik. Marth cant save really save falcon with them on the screen, just protect the ledge and hope he gets back.

Sheik peach sounds pretty hard to use tbh, sheik can gimp and has a nice ground game, but I dont know how much tech chasing you can expect to do on yoshis story in teams. Plus peach just kinda seems like she would get in your way and it would outweigh her ability to hold stocks.

Fox/Fox
Fox Marth or Fox Sheik, Even IMO
Fox/Puff

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Also...

Pichu/Pichu. They're so small, you would never hit them!

Kirby/Falco. Have you seen Kirby's short hop laser? He can do like 17 in one hop.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
umm are you guys stupid
double donkey kong they downb what is the other team supposed to do its broken

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
something with no bad cps.marthXpuff?

specifically tho...
fox is most compatible w/ puff
marth is most compatible w/ puff
sheik most compatible w/ fox
falco w/ fox
peach w/ marth
jiggs w/ marth
falcon w/ fox

^? imo. but im not that sure.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Falcon fox is my favorite
Then i think Peach and puff would do good.
Sheik and Marth
double Falco

adhdsoad

Smash Lord
Teams are made for sheik. It really helps her lack of dash dance. There really is nothing more unstoppable than a sheik in teams. She has sooo many support options, can rack up damage like crazy, do 2v1's in a decent manner, and has one of the fastest killing moves in the game. Unless you're butthurt about puff, most people can agree that sheik is probably the best in teams. I think every team needs either a sheik or fox.

As puff, it's really hard not getting ***** if the other team has a fox, falcon, or marth imo. A puff team really has to have a good grab game, or they're screwed. Puff dies at like 60 from a good upsmash, knee, or sword tippers. THere's so much damage being produced in a teams game, unless you're planking or something, jiggly's stocks last like 30 seconds. Most people are too scared to just go ahead and **** her. She has teh mind fear.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
\As puff, it's really hard not getting ***** if the other team has a fox, falcon, or marth imo. A puff team really has to have a good grab game, or they're screwed. Puff dies at like 60 from a good upsmash, knee, or sword tippers. THere's so much damage being produced in a teams game, unless you're planking or something, jiggly's stocks last like 30 seconds. Most people are too scared to just go ahead and **** her. She has teh mind fear.
She can be hard to follow though. A lot of Puff matches, the Puff gets hit around a ton before dying. In teams this is exaggerated since you don't have time to follow her, so it's usually safer for her to get back. However, if your partner sucks at 2v1 then Puff isn't gonna make a good teammate usually. But if s/he can hold his/her own in 2v1. And remember, if you aren't focused on Puff and get yourself in a bad position... ping! :D. And it's almost impossible to punish as long as you and your partner aren't ******** about timing it :laugh:.

Whether or not she's the "best" I'm not sure. She's not compatible with a lot of characters, so it depends how you rank how good a character is in teams. I'd say Sheik is the best overall, because of what M2K said really, she works with everyone, but I'd still say the best team is Fox/Puff.

Smash Master
What puffs do you play with that consistently get tippered and killed at 60 from knee? Upsmash is a given, but she can do gay **** to fox too. It's also reasonable to note that Jiggs' edgeguarding doesn't lose much from the other two players, since she doesn't usually do it from onstage.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
sheik/puff and fox/puff are both really really good teams
it's too hard to really say what the "best" team is. if I'm using fox I want to team w/ a puff. if I'm using puff, I'd want to team with a fox or sheik.
any team (with good chars....) can work pretty well, so long as the players work well together.

Kittines

Smash Rookie
I'm going to say yoshi/ness.

Because, Yoshi throws eggs and ness has Up B it's foolproof.

Top Bottom