• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big Hit - Melee only $5 (Sat Only) - April 20th, 2013 - Chatsworth, California

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend

The West Coast Smash Bros regional events have returned! This is a Smash Melee and Smash Brawl tournament, featuring both 1v1 and 2v2.

This is a two day event meaning there will be plenty of time for casual play, side events, and money matches. I have the venue until whatever time we would like on Saturday, so crews can definitely happen.

I will be updating this page frequently so please check back.

To register please visit - https://www.wepay.com/events/the-big-hit-smash-bros-tournament

The tentative schedule is posted below.

Tentative Schedule
Saturday April 20th 2013
12:00PM - Doubles events begin
5:00PM - Singles Pools begin

Sunday April 21st
11:00AM - Singles Pro Bracket begins for Brawl and Melee.

Pricing:
One Time Venue Fee - $15
Singles Entry Fee - $15
Doubles Entry Fee - $20 per team
Click here to register ---> https://www.wepay.com/events/the-big-hit-smash-bros-tournament

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Hello Everyone,

The Big Hit is one month away. To help increase attendance we area raising funds to help out of state players make it out to the tournament.

For every $5 you donate, you will be entered into a raffle for a chance to win one of these awesome (and rare) controllers.

To donate, go here - https://www.wepay.com/events/the-big-hit-smash-bros-tournament --- add the "Fundraiser Donation" to your cart, then checkout your purchase. You may enter as many times as you would like to increase your chances.

Winners will be announced on 3/24/13.

D

Deleted member

Every time I try to register it says the card was declined. It doesnt work no matter what card I use. Help

edit: Nvm, I got it C:

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Hi Everyone,

Since Melee turnout is a bit low I'm going to make Melee a one day tournament. Entry Fee and Venue Fee for Melee will be $5 each. Unfortunately, I cannot offer a discount for bringing a setup this time around. At the door registration will take place at the door from 9:00AM - 12:00PM. Depending on entrants we can run doubles/singles pools.

Post if you're interested so I can plan out space/layout.

Melee Ruleset
MBR Recommended Rule Set
WITHOUT JAPES ON FOR TEAMS
Super Smash Brothers: Melee (Singles and Teams)
Singles Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:Pokemon Stadium
Stage Bans
  • For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
  • For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.
Doubles Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:
  • Kongo Jungle 64
Stage Bans
  • For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
  • For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.
General Rules
  • Items are set to off.
  • Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
  • Double Blind*: If elected.
  • Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
  • Neutral Start*: If elected.
  • Standard DSR*
  • Gentleman’s Clause*
  • Forced Character Selection*: Off
  • Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.
Additional Rules for Teams Play
  • Team Attack: ON.
  • Life Stealing is allowed.
  • If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.
How to Play a Set
  1. Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind.
  2. Use Stage Striking* to determine the first stage.
  3. The players play the first match of the set.
    Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority or Neutral Start.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
  5. The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
  6. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  7. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a Neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
  9. The next match is played.
  10. Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.
***Term Definitions***
  • Double Blind: Either player may request that a double blind selection occur. In this situation, a 3rd party should be told, in secret, each of player’s choices for the first round. Both players are to then select their first round character, with the 3rd party validating that the character selected is the same as their word.
  • Contest Port Priority: If an agreement cannot be made as to who gets what port, the players may enact a best of 1 game of Rock Paper Scissors. Winner gets their port selection, loser selects any other port.
  • Neutral Start: Either player may enact this rule. Once enacted, both players may only use one of the two “Neutral Starting Positions”. A best of one game of Rock Paper Scissors may be used to determine who gets the higher port. If one player elects to Contest Port Priority and the other elects to Neutral Start, Neutral Start takes priority.
    Standard DSR: A player/team may not counterpick to a stage they have won on.
  • DSR Modified: A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on.
  • Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR.
  • Forced Character Selection: The losing player once had the option to select Random Stage as their counterpick and remove the option to change characters from the winner of the previous round. This is no longer legal. If a player wishes to select Random Stage as their counterpick, the winner of the previous round may choose to change their character.
  • Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter/Neutral list until there is one stage remaining.

WHA?

Smash Ace
Coming to this
I've got GameCube controllers, GameCube, and melee for sale
Let me know

Bringing full setup

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Very hyped.

Also, just got neck badges done. They're $2 each.

Coming to this
I've got GameCube controllers, GameCube, and melee for sale
Let me know

Bringing full setup
Thank you for your contribution. However, please don't sell or advertise the sale of your equipment inside of the venue. Someone is paying for booth rental to sell controllers and equipment, and it would break the agreement I have with the merchant if you do this inside of the venue.

Thanks again yall. Venue opens at 9 tomorrow morning.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Hi Everyone,

The venue is opening at about 10:30AM this morning. Registration will start at about 11.

The address is

10000 canoga ave,, Suite C-5, Chatsworth, California

If anybody needs to reach be, you can text me - 818-445-5789, but please do so sparingly as my phone tends to go crazy on tournament days.

Parking is free in the parking lot behind the building. Otherwise, I believe you can also park on the street, but make sure the street signs allow you to.

Please respect the venue. No smoking/drugs inside the venue. Please don't rage (throwing controllers/damage) as i will kick you out. If any damages are done I will be collecting said money from you.

Otherwise, enjoy yourselves.

Happy Holidays!

Top Bottom