• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Two things.

1. Ori, Ohio University is a blast.

2. Does everyone in Michigan besides lain, Notra, and Ambient Horizon think Ohio is better in Brawl?
For me its not even an issue of whether Ohio os better than Michigan in Brawl. I respect Ohio's roster and I've met/played some of you in tournament.

My issue is with Michigan in general.

We want tournaments yet no one shows up.

And our whole state's morale with Brawl in general dropped for several reasons. Many of us (like Judge SamuraiPanda, Omniiswell and myself) got busy with real life **** and can't really play like we used to.

Some of us stopped caring like Bowyer and Ankoku.

Some of us are too far away/has to jump through work related hoops to get to tournaments consistently like Mikey Lenitia. (He still places we'll every tournament he goes to)

Some of us are too young and have parent/ride johns like Fl@me and occasionally Boxxy.

Some of us are just in an enigmatic status like Dingdong and Needles of Juntah <_<

That leaves, Lain, Anther, and L_Cancel mainly to represent Michigan as a whole. I would include Notra as well. Granted they're all great but our basis for claiming to be a good state should be based off more than 3-4 people.

Regardless of the reason many of our power players (I am no way included in this lineup I was just using myself as an example) aren't playing. Which has taken a negative effect on our tournaments. Rather than just continue to go to tournaments to get better we just don't show. Its lame. I'm personally tired of the same players carrying us as a state. Where is our competitive drive we used to have? Where are those 40, 50 + people tournaments wed have? Where's that same determination we had to get PRed and get recognized that was abundant last year.

I'm just ranting but its how I feel. Michigan Smash needs an overhaul. Itd be something totally different if no one here talked about tournaments or PRs, etc but I still here people here ask about tournaments. Whether I have to host tournaments or get back into competitve Brawl myself, I don't know but I don't intend on sitting around doing nothing while the rest of the Midwest starts to leave us behind.

earthadept

Smash Lord
I think everyone would get better if we spent more time actually playing than posting about how bad we are.

If anyone in AA wants to play tonight call mee. I'm coming back today and will actually have a TV now lol

also, should i do wi-fi? is it really a good way of getting better?

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Notra, I'll be not entering tournaments for a while, besides *possibly* MLG Columbus, because I'm not very interested in making people think I'm good at this game when I'm not, but I'm still up for friendlies throughout this summer.
^ Sounds like apathy lol
Plus you hinted at it when I asked you at DigiOps Saturday. I was surprised to see you :o

I'm not trying to make toothless assumptions or anything. But earthadept is right though. I just had to post that, ****'s been bugging me.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wifi lets you learn matchups.... if you can deal with the ~quarter second of lag minimum. I'm totally up for some Smash tonight, though.

@Vert: Apathy? I just hate people putting me up on some pedestal that I don't deserve. I always have.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
I can understand that. That's happened to me before. You're still a good player though and its always nice to see you at a tournament.I don't know what your goals are for Brawl but you should enter more tournaments :D

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
why dont you guys show up at a tournament some time? next saturday theres "rob's house" in ann arbor you guys should come to and show us what youve got
well i did come out there a couple time's to cactuaz' but he'd only have like 2 ppl show up. a 45 min drive is a long time to play 2 ppl n whoever i bring. plus i never kno who n wen ppl are playing

lol my john is transportation. if i could get a ride i would even go to OoS. if there is a tourney and someone said they would take me i would go even if there is only 5 people at it
**** right i transport u. bes be bringin sum to hit n dat pizza. aint sittn at my table if u bringin nuttn to it

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
no johns to those who drive, i've been driving 2-3 hours every week or two to go smash since moving to oregon =D

BRING IT OREGON!
waste of gas..but then again it is Oregon, theres probobly nothing else to do considering the state is just one huge field of tumble weeds.

Moooose

Smash Champion
well i did come out there a couple time's to cactuaz' but he'd only have like 2 ppl show up. a 45 min drive is a long time to play 2 ppl n whoever i bring. plus i never kno who n wen ppl are playing

**** right i transport u. bes be bringin sum to hit n dat pizza. aint sittn at my table if u bringin nuttn to it
well like i said theres a tournament this weekend. there'll be alot more than 2 people so you all should come play

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
no johns to those who drive, i've been driving 2-3 hours every week or two to go smash since moving to oregon =D

BRING IT OREGON!
right right, had to get u one time. but ****, i culdnt get u to drive 30 mins to play us n here u r goin 3 hrs lol.

well like i said theres a tournament this weekend. there'll be alot more than 2 people so you all should come play
we wont be able to this weekend, at least i cant. i have to work, if u can let me kno wen da next one is, ill holla at my squad at smashfest this week n see if u can get 5 or 6 of em for the next one. i jus need to kno a week or 2 in advance so i can get sum to cover my shift

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Guys I bring good news for MI tournaments, Ham and I found a huge venue and it will most likely be the site of W.B.S.T 4 we are going to talk with the manager/owner soon. Fingers crossed that we can get that venue.

Boxxy

Smash Lord
Guys I bring good news for MI tournaments, Ham and I found a huge venue and it will most likely be the site of W.B.S.T 4 we are going to talk with the manager/owner soon. Fingers crossed that we can get that venue.
bout ****ing time

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
You're one to talk Boxxy. Where the **** is the MBZ3?! Lol

I can't talk though I tried to get that Ferndale venue but they don't think they can accomodate us because were too epic. Nonetheless I'm working on a backup plan. But seriously a worthwhile tournament is needed again. Last few have had small turnouts. We need another big one. Good luck Ori!

What's The Point

Smash Master
L_Cancel, I suggest the earlier bus now, since fZk wants some smash before going to practice/warm up, and we can just have a mini-smashfest at my place before heading to Cinci.

Prediction of my MLG car; fZk (I see your name in the sign ups), The Mann, myself, then I dunno.

fZk

Smash Lord
L_Cancel, I suggest the earlier bus now, since fZk wants some smash before going to practice/warm up, and we can just have a mini-smashfest at my place before heading to Cinci.

Prediction of my MLG car; fZk (I see your name in the sign ups), The Mann, myself, then I dunno.
Yep, I took your advice on better to have have sign up and not end up going than to miss the opportunity to go by not signing up early.

Can you tell me approx. what's the schedule for the weekend (smashfest, leaving, returning).

What's The Point

Smash Master
L_Cancel will be in East Lansing some point during Friday, around 4 I think. I figured I'd go get him from the bus station then pick you up, we'd go to my house and play smash. Around 7 we'd leave to AA and get Earthadapt and maybe one other person. Then arrive in Cinci around 12. Sleep, go to tourney, leave night of, so we'd be back in EL at some early AM on Sunday.

earthadept

Smash Lord
Ok I have job training at 2 pm on Sunday, so I'm assuming we're going to get back to AA at like 6 am or something? that works then. i can get some sleep before hand haha

Top Bottom