• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
A good chunk of people's "player skill" in Smash is just matchup knowledge anyway, because they're more concerned with silly tactics and tricks and very specific "what works and what doesn't here" than solid play. It just doesn't become apparent since there's a large enough number of high tiers that one can seem well-rounded going through a variety of characters, even though they're all relatively common ones. This is why lack of matchup knowledge hits especially hard so often.
Thanks for the insight. I do agree with this. However, my statement was targeted more towards certain mid-level players who don't recognize their own weaknesses and their opponent's player skill and just blame their faults entirely on the character their opponent used, and not their own weaknesses/lack of understanding in the game.

Just clarifying.

:phone:

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Everyone makes johns. This should be old hat for you by now.
I wouldn't say so myself. My mentality on Smash has still been developing since I first joined the scene (2 years ago?) and it took me a while to realize why the johns I hear are considered johns. So this is still relatively new in my mind.

Though what I need is more tolerance.

LOE1

Smash Lord
Thanks for the insight. I do agree with this. However, my statement was targeted more towards certain mid-level players who don't recognize their own weaknesses and their opponent's player skill and just blame their faults entirely on the character their opponent used, and not their own weaknesses/lack of understanding in the game.

Just clarifying.

o

:salt::wario::salt:

Roller

Smash Legend
Judging by Tech's post in the context of the greater conversation, and the fact I have a blocked post from Zyth directly before it I'm going to assume Zyth made some sort of ICs vs DK comment, implying he knows the matchup.

Zyth. You do realize I'v bodied you multiple times this semester, even as recently as the last tourney we were at, right?

My ICs dropped game 1 of a pools set (which it is important to note I was already guaranteed 1st seed in) to you 1 time multiple seasons ago. They then jv 3'd you, followed by me picking pikachu on rainbow.

Since then I have beaten you whenever we've played.

How exactly do you know the ICs mu?

(I won't be reading your response)

The fact of the matter is, you're a bad player. And when people play bad players, they go into the match with a very nonchalant attitude, not bothering to care enough to put in effort. ESPECIALLY in pools. Sometimes they drop a game or a set because of this.

This is a thing, and AA has a name for it. But I'd rather not bring the name up in here...

>_>

<_<

Anyway.

Zyth. You're a bad player. Get over it or get better. Until then... Drop the inflated ego.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
zyth on blast... what's new around here?

How'd that essay go, Brian? Did you :088: your way into proofreading another classmate's work?

Roller

Smash Legend
I mean, insecurities are why anyone calls anyone out in here (which would include your post, every post by Gio, and Zyth)

Doesn't discredit anything I said.

And yeah, I finished the essay Rob, on my own this time. lol

Judging by Tech's post in the context of the greater conversation, and the fact I have a blocked post from Zyth directly before it I'm going to assume Zyth made some sort of ICs vs DK comment, implying he knows the matchup.

Zyth. You do realize I'v bodied you multiple times this semester, even as recently as the last tourney we were at, right?

My ICs dropped game 1 of a pools set (which it is important to note I was already guaranteed 1st seed in) to you 1 time multiple seasons ago. They then jv 3'd you, followed by me picking pikachu on rainbow.

This part is fine but like, was the rest of this neccessary? and the part I bolded, could you please stop acting cool because you blocked a person on smashboards? Like we get you have him blocked, stop restating it.

Douchebag mode activated.

The fact of the matter is, you're a bad player. And when people play bad players, they go into the match with a very nonchalant attitude, not bothering to care enough to put in effort. ESPECIALLY in pools. Sometimes they drop a game or a set because of this.

This is a thing, and AA has a name for it. But I'd rather not bring the name up in here...
It's funny you care so much about a pools match from multiple seasons ago even though you have beaten him multiple times this season. You underestimated him and lost because of it, no need to pull out the psychological BS of "i was def a better player at the time, you just won cause i didn't try" Idk why Ann Arbor thinks that that's a justified excuse when you all do it, but stop acting like sumer please.

Also if you have zyth blocked, why even bother responding to his posts?

>_>

<_<

Anyway.

Zyth. You're a bad player. Get over it or get better. Until then... Drop the inflated ego.
Get over yourself bro. Lately you've been an annoying arrogant prick like DM brandon, and its high time you stopped. Drop you're own inflated ego.

I mean, insecurities are why anyone calls anyone out in here (which would include your post, every post by Gio, and Zyth)

Doesn't discredit anything I said.

And yeah, I finished the essay Rob, on my own this time. lol
It discredits your point by making you look like an ******* that's trying too boost his e-peen by **** talking a worse player than himself.

It's not just me either, I won't name names unless they want to come out themselves but here are a few quotes(some of them offline) people have been saying about you over the past few months. All from different people of course.

"I'm really disappointed that roller posted that. He was really out of line there"
"Why is roller such an obnoxious ******* all of a sudden. It's annoying as hell"
"Was the trash talk there necessary? I considered us to be friends, but guess not"
"idk about roller dude, he just seems like the DMbrandon of the MW"
"O yeah keifer, I heard that roller guy complaining about how this tournament is too casual for him to try or something, what's his problem?"

And I like to consider us friends, but I'm done defending you.

I'll say the same thing I said to rayquaza to you.
"I'm not the nicest guy, I say a lot of things that piss off a lot of people, the difference between us is that I'm trying to change that about myself, I suggest you do the same"

JTsm

Smash Master
And I like to consider us friends, but I'm done defending you.

I'll say the same thing I said to rayquaza to you.
"I'm not the nicest guy, I say a lot of things that piss off a lot of people, the difference between us is that I'm trying to change that about myself, I suggest you do the same"

zyth

Smash Lord
Well Rollers not reading this anyway, but I just want some things clarified to other ppl who havent met me and only have a wrong idea of me on Smashboards.

thats why I'm gonna beat DeLux at PS5, I know the :dk: vs :popo: MU
:denzel:
for MI :denzel: = :troll: pretty much. at least thats how I use it. it looks so similar. I completely understand that I only have about a 5% chance of beating Delux at best. I'm just saying that I know the IC DK MU better than any of my other MUs against it. if I can abuse gimmiks in the MU, I have a chance of winnin, simple as that. anyone see any **** talk in that post?

You're going to get sodomized by DeLux.
Well this is just stating the obvious from anyone elses point of view. I dont see why Roller thought this meant I said something trying to bash on Delux from this

If you have someone blocked, dont act like you know what they are saying, unless you see a quote of their post

I remember you 2-1 me in pools at the last tourny we went to, and I also remember me beating you in most of our friendlies at a Techfest. but since niether of those matter I dont see why you are noting these.

Dropped is a nice way of telling yourself you lost I suppose. the next definetly wasnt a jv 3, and you picking Pikachu was your own false confidence

There are multiple things DK can do in the IC MU that can keep him fairly safe and able to **** with IC with, but I dont want DeLux to be aware of those yet so...;)

Look out guys we got a badass over here

>_>

<_<
Call it whatever you want, but you losing because you understimated me or because you didnt care will follow you as long as I remember it.

Anyway.

What inflated ego? I'm a mid level player, that loses to players with less skill than myself because I SD at the most ******** times, or because I simply dont perform to the best of my abilities that match. I am not anywhere near the best, and from what I have shown from my performances this past year I am nowhere near Top-level in MI.

Roller YOU are the one with the inflated ego. Dont mistake my joking around and trying to get ppl to play me as an ego. I go into all my matches thinikin I will win. If you consider that ego, then keep your self-defeating attitude away please.

Learn to be a better person Roller please. Go to Tutus post for this part.

kd-

Smash Lord
The best picture I've seen was a picture Ankoku posted a while back (but fairly recently since I was on the boards to see it). It was a picture of an anime school doing some teamwork pair exercise, so everyone was paired up and like, holding each other up, except for this black/purple haired girl and on the bottom it said 'I know that feel' or 'That feel'

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ayo so over Thanksgiving break we should get some big sfs going for PS5 practice. I'm willing to go places and host stuff. I'm willing to host the day after Thanksgiving or on Wednesday if people wanna play.

LOE1

Smash Lord
so this just went from complete drama to random pictures of random things....

seems legit

Top Bottom