• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Vayseth

Smash Master
Another member of the smash community runs smash tournaments once a month. I'm not sure when the next one is or what game it will be but there will be weekend bigger tournies!

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I'll have to miss this coming week at GG but I'll definitely be coming every week after. Might bring some Smasher coworkers with me a couple weeks too.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Hey guys! Just a reminder we'll be having Smash 3DS meet ups on the 4th, 11th and 18th this month for free at Gamer's Gauntlet. Once the 25th rolls around we will be starting our Smash 4 tournament series with details coming soon! Hope to see you guys this month at gamer's gauntlet!!

Info!
https://www.facebook.com/GamersGauntlet
20564 Hall Rd. Clinton Township, Michigan
(586) 412-6677

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I might be able to make it on the 11th. Going to a concert tomorrow in Detroit, seems like I can't leave that city recently.

Ramzy

ROCKMAN
I hope to see a lot of local tournies when the WiiU version hits.

I've heard there are going to be exhibition matches for the CT stream and the MI vs NJ/NY crew battle
Btw good games at Youma, Ori. I can't believe how close it got. Also didn't know you were a fellow one piece fan.

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I hope to see a lot of local tournies when the WiiU version hits.

Btw good games at Youma, Ori. I can't believe how close it got. Also didn't know you were a fellow one piece fan.
Were you Ramzy? You Megaman was insane. Zinoto mentioned there was a low key amazing Megaman and it was you. I hope you come out to stuff more you were chill and a super solid player.

And yeah I'm a HUGE One Piece fan haha.

Ramzy

ROCKMAN
Were you Ramzy? You Megaman was insane. Zinoto mentioned there was a low key amazing Megaman and it was you. I hope you come out to stuff more you were chill and a super solid player.

And yeah I'm a HUGE One Piece fan haha.
Haha yeah I'm Ramzy, thank you. I want to, so hopefully there will be more Smash4 events. Also do you read the manga? or anime only?

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Haha yeah I'm Ramzy, thank you. I want to, so hopefully there will be more Smash4 events. Also do you read the manga? or anime only?
There will be more Smash 4 events for sure! As for One Piece, I tend to be anime only, not much of a Manga reader sadly.

Ramzy

ROCKMAN
There will be more Smash 4 events for sure! As for One Piece, I tend to be anime only, not much of a Manga reader sadly.
I will check here every day then. Damn man, I am manga only hahaha but that's fine everyone has preferences all that matters is that you love One Piece.

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
Moved up to MI for work in Ann Arbor from Purdue/Indiana. Looking to get some games in since smash4 is abysmally unsatisfying. Mostly play melee. Anyone in near/around Farmington Hills, I'm looking for freindlies and tournaments.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Didn't end up making it out there, no. Now that the Wii U version is coming out Friday and the tournament is on Sunday we're gonna focus on the Wii U version.

Gamers_Gauntlet

Smash Apprentice
20564 Hall Rd. Clinton Township, Michigan
Hey guys, Vayseth here. Gifts and I are starting biweeklies at Gamer's Gauntlet but for some reason smash boards won't let us post it up until we get 10 posts so here we are.

Just letting everyone know that December's biweeklies will be on December 7th and December 21st with more to come! With the tournament on December 6th in MI as well it's going to be an amazing weekend for smash in MI!

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
Hi, I'm a new guy from the Flint area. Just checking in, wondering if there are regular casual meetups along with the tournaments. I also work in Ann arbor so I'm not above travelling to get my ass kicked.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Hi, I'm a new guy from the Flint area. Just checking in, wondering if there are regular casual meetups along with the tournaments. I also work in Ann arbor so I'm not above travelling to get my *** kicked.
There is a small scene in the Flint/Grand Blanc area. I know Ann Arbor is definitely alive and well playing Smash of any kind.

What game(s) do you happen to play?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Just for Wii u atm. I haven't touched a smash in years so I'm building from the ground up.
Here are some links for you then!

Michigan Smash 4 Facebook Group - I would join if you aren't a member already.
Nintendo Dojo - Good source to play against people that aren't For Glory Casuals in friendlies as well as ranked matches.
Smash Ladder - This is Anther's Matchmaking websites. Kind of a better version of Nintendo Dojo

Vayseth

Smash Master
Top Bottom