• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

lain

Smash Master
I'm getting my license in 2 weeks, so I'm thinking about driving to FAST in Florida July 17th - July 20th.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164840 <---- Link

It's Melee and Brawl, and it will cost $100 there and back from all of us if there's 4 people. That means it's $100 gas money. not $200. just clarifying.

it's like a 13 hour drive as well. so for people not planning on eating a whole bunch, you'll probably need $150 to cover everything. $200 is the safe side.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
how many spots will you have in your car? it's been a while since i've gone on a Melee road trip. but 13 hrs is really fxcksing long.

lain

Smash Master
oh yeah, i got it mixed up. haha.

but yes, a 20 hour trip. i mean, we could leave earlier and thus have time to sleep and just like do stuff during the trip so it isn't as like... prison-like. or we could honestly just go 20 hours, we could sleep in shifts there. hell, i probably would love to drive all the way there myself.

I FORSEE ANTHER AND SCOTU COMING. if we don't get a third person i'll open a seat up to someone else from the MW who's on the way.

whoever wants to go, pm me.

lain

Smash Master
DP

not that kind

So DBS has a spot in the car, and Anther too. any others?

gas both ways is about $360 in a car with 30mi/gal. so 4 people ~ $90. 5 people IS cheaper, but only by about $18. and we'd have to drive a bigger car meaning less gas mileage.

entrance fee = $60. this is for both events in both games. crews is seperate. but we should enter to rep MI!

D_B_S

Smash Lord
THis should be great

Remember to Pack Light

Also if there are any other cars full of ppl

We are willing to drive with you so no one gets lost

So yeah we r lookin for a 4th person

I have thax in mind but he hasnt confirmed

so its open

hit us up

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
Just in case people don't know yet, we are having a brawl tournament in the Lost City in Holland. That's like 30 minutes or so outside of GR. It's partially hosted by me, but mostly my friend who I have been playing smash with for over 3 years. There should be a good turnout. For more details check this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=169593

Alcoady, I haven't smashed with you in a long time, you should check it out, as well as the rest of you...

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
Thank you Scotu, that is much better.

Also, what is all this talk of drivings? I might be interested in blowing some cash...

Scala

Smash Ace
I'm guessing that 100 bucks is the gas total, I got to chicago on 100 bucks for ACEN and that seems just as far or less.

lain

Smash Master
Total cost of gas will be around $360.

Split between 4 people, $90. covering there AND back. we'll get housingon the way i think.

there's a MW ciruit event like, on the way to FL right before we leave, so we could go the tourney, sleep there, and continue on.

Top Bottom