• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Reezy989

Smash Cadet
Ive never actually entered a tourney besides with just my own group of friends, who I always whooped on. Im pretty good but want to test the waters a bit more. I used to go to CMU theres was more players there it seemed than here and its a quarter of the size of GR lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Huh. I was under the impression that you "test the waters" by jumping right in. That is, stop trying to verify exactly who you can and can't beat and just go enter a tournament.

Reezy989

Smash Cadet
I'll play anybody hands down. Thats the problem Im having here, I dont know anyone that plays and the people I do play just arent challenging so its not fun

Vayseth

Smash Master
LOL, Bowyer, myself and Lain were in my dorm and a guy comes in and is like "is that the new smash?" And we're like, uh, yeah? Well this guy starts goin' off on how he's the best ever at 64 and melee and wants a $20 money match in melee. Lain accepts, but the guy says he only has $5 (before we even start playing). So lain's like... whatever. And then this guy get's ***** for 3 matches and then hands over $4 (guess the 5th one disappeared?)

Anyway, point being, I'm going to play with my door open more often. Free money baby.

Reezy989

Smash Cadet
LOL, Bowyer, myself and Lain were in my dorm and a guy comes in and is like "is that the new smash?" And we're like, uh, yeah? Well this guy starts goin' off on how he's the best ever at 64 and melee and wants a $20 money match in melee. Lain accepts, but the guy says he only has $5 (before we even start playing). So lain's like... whatever. And then this guy get's ***** for 3 matches and then hands over $4 (guess the 5th one disappeared?)

Anyway, point being, I'm going to play with my door open more often. Free money baby.
man youre taking me back to my CMU days.. beating people in melee/mario kart = my weekend beer funds

Kail

Smash Lord
Bring your own controller, no entry fee, and I think that's about it.
I won't get there until 9 because I'm awesome.... and have class....

lain

Smash Master
So I'm thinking of holding biweeklies or something here at WCC.

Thing is, would enough people come for it to matter?

Flandy121

Smash Apprentice
Yo Reezy you talk pretty big, good with your friends but never been to a tournament? lolz. You say Allendale isn't worth going to huh? We have a small crew of 3 we are the "GVSU Guys." If you're lookin for a decent match we're probably the best in the area at brawl.

Reezy989

Smash Cadet
Yo Reezy you talk pretty big, good with your friends but never been to a tournament? lolz. You say Allendale isn't worth going to huh? We have a small crew of 3 we are the "GVSU Guys." If you're lookin for a decent match we're probably the best in the area at brawl.
lol I wasnt tryin to diss Allendale, it just sucks driving out there cuz my car is booty and gas is 4 a gallon. I stay downtown on Fulton. But sounds straight I'd like to see if I'm up to par with ya'll

-=KOH=-

Smash Rookie
Michigan Battle Royale is now 100% swf ruleset, Hope to see the people who came last time there and hopefully a ton of new faces, it's byoc. see you there.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195165

Oh and if anyone that lives in brighton wants to get down in 3s or brawl let me know.

also im at wcc tuesdays and thursdays so if you see me around let me know, I'm taking all art classes, I wear a red flash hat with my ash button, let me know whats up.

Rat

Smash Lord
That reminds me Rat, it's been a while since we've had one of our "best" of Grand Rapids matches. We should remedy this.
Oh hell yeah! I want that title of Best Mewtwo in GR! I'll probably get smoked for best Bowser. (I think you like 3 stocked me last time.) Oh man I'm going to have to practice all these janky characters.

Edit:it would be quite fantastical if you came zelow. We would have to do some sort of MM.

Edit #2: Ankoku you should man up and come. No travel johns.

Kail

Smash Lord
Hah! Mewtwo? I don't think you can handle such a high tier.
I'm not gonna lie, I love Bowser dittos so I have to agree with you.
I'm shooting for the best D.Mar in GR.

alcoady

Smash Ace
ok, i've got project 64 k and a n64 to usb controller converter, and i can NOT stop playing ssb online it like crack...but you can q cancel.

ps. *** pikachu and *** kirby
grab f throw, uair, uair, uair, uair, uair, uair, falcon punch...gg

Zelow

Smash Apprentice
OMG I SAID IT WASN'T THAT FAR I NEVER SAID IT WAS CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!! jezz lol anywhos when is that event or does nobody want me to show i have been trying to get back into the smash comunity and it just seems like i am not welcome any more :( lol

Kail

Smash Lord
Zelow, they are every Thursday at some time. Not sure when seeing as I will be there after it starts.
There is also a tournament that is happening on November 8th.

okiyama

Smash Ace
So I'm thinking of holding biweeklies or something here at WCC.

Thing is, would enough people come for it to matter?
I'll come. If you put up posters a bunch of scrubs will show but at least it's attendance.

Also, I'm taking computer Science at WCC this semester, I might have a class with you...

which would make me lol and lol and lol.

Rat

Smash Lord
I probably won't be able to come on thursday. I have a lot of homework I have to do tomorrow and a paper due friday =\.

If I get my paper done, I will totally make it though. =)

Top Bottom