• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
umm ok. im just in a pissy mood man soo i suggest not to be a **** to the kid whos driving you to Chicago. im not in the mood to take anyone's **** today. so if you're gonna poke fun at me do it tomorrow ok baybee ;) thank you.
I love you Omni : )

I hope you had a comfortable ride to Indiana! Hearts love good feelings.

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
aww i love you too <3 Thanks baybee :) i appreciate all you did for us too man. i look forward to more car trips with you.
Yeah for sure man it was a good time! Are we going in the same car to Chicago? I'm going with Alex, that's all I know. Oh and Kevin/What's the point.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Phoenix, Arizona? If I'm traveling out to WC I might as well go to AM* and meet bellreisa. :V

TheMann

Smash Ace
What up Michigan!!!! Wanna know what the best game ever is? Littlebigplanet!!!! wait....or MGS4. IDK I think I need to sleep lol

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
What up Michigan!!!! Wanna know what the best game ever is? Littlebigplanet!!!! wait....or MGS4. IDK I think I need to sleep lol
You should come over and play some LBP with me. You haven't been over in so long.... I think I'm in Mann withdrawal :(

But seriously, I wanna teach ya how to play TvC, 'cause I think you'll like it.

TheMann

Smash Ace
You should come over and play some LBP with me. You haven't been over in so long.... I think I'm in Mann withdrawal :(

But seriously, I wanna teach ya how to play TvC, 'cause I think you'll like it.
I know man! Ever since I transferred schools I don't get to see anybody no more. Next time I'm in ann arbor we have to chill. I definitely need someone to play TVC with, because the game is less like a traditional fighter than I thought at first lol.

Also add me on PSN name is The_Mann33

jedirobb

Smash Rookie
f that tourney. It hosts MKWii, but not Melee? wtf. Who does that?!?!?

People who are looking for numbers who know nothing about games?

Brawl has 3-stock, 5 min time XD

Hey guys... I saw your notes on here and wanted to get some feedback if you would?

Thanks for the catch on "Rainboa", there is only so much HTML you can type before you slide on the spelling now and again. It is updated now.

Are you joking or serious with the MKWii/Melee comment? Help me to understand that if you would?

The 3 stock 5 minute item: what should it be? I am not a Smash player by any stretch BUT I do want the players to enjoy themselves, it is all about them afterall. Let me know if you do not mind, I appreciate your opinions on the matter.

P.S. Is a $2,000.00 guaranteed pot a good call for Smash, what is the norm?

Thanks again.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Hey guys... I saw your notes on here and wanted to get some feedback if you would?

Thanks for the catch on "Rainboa", there is only so much HTML you can type before you slide on the spelling now and again. It is updated now.

Are you joking or serious with the MKWii/Melee comment? Help me to understand that if you would?

The 3 stock 5 minute item: what should it be? I am not a Smash player by any stretch BUT I do want the players to enjoy themselves, it is all about them afterall. Let me know if you do not mind, I appreciate your opinions on the matter.

Thanks again.
Actually, I don't really know about the MKwii community or how comptitive the game is. Melee, however is a competitively played game which many tournaments have stopped hosting because Brawl's out and it makes me sad : (

Brawl's typically played with 3 stocks and 7 or 8 minutes.

Afaik, there haven't really been many officially sponsored Brawl tourneys that could guarantee a specific $prize, but i know guaranteeing that would draw a whole bunch of contestants.

Vayseth

Smash Master

Thanks again.
Guaranteeing 2K will gain a huge brawl attendance and tournaments already on the west coast already get over 300. I'm sure you'll get more if you make it 2K guaranteed. Also make sure to post it in the "tournament listings" part of this forum.

Melee > MK wii. MK wii is kind of dead as a competitive game but I'm sure you'll get a decent amount of people showing up for it because it is a best selling game.

5 min is too short for 3 stocks. Most 3 stock matches are timed at 7 minutes. It'll take a LONG TIME. Most pools matches are 2 stock 6 minutes. So, for brackets it should be 3 stock 8 minutes, for pools (limit down to a top 32) it should be 2 stock 6 minutes.

jedirobb

Smash Rookie
Actually, I don't really know about the MKwii community or how comptitive the game is. Melee, however is a competitively played game which many tournaments have stopped hosting because Brawl's out and it makes me sad : (

Brawl's typically played with 3 stocks and 7 or 8 minutes.

Afaik, there haven't really been many officially sponsored Brawl tourneys that could guarantee a specific $prize, but i know guaranteeing that would draw a whole bunch of contestants.
MKWii is there just for the "everyman" aspect of it, trying to cater to more than our usual hardcore-type tourney players. In understand your feelings on Brawl, it is a tough call.

Guaranteeing 2K will gain a huge brawl attendance and tournaments already on the west coast already get over 300. I'm sure you'll get more if you make it 2K guaranteed. Also make sure to post it in the "tournament listings" part of this forum.

Melee > MK wii. MK wii is kind of dead as a competitive game but I'm sure you'll get a decent amount of people showing up for it because it is a best selling game.

5 min is too short for 3 stocks. Most 3 stock matches are timed at 7 minutes. It'll take a LONG TIME. Most pools matches are 2 stock 6 minutes. So, for brackets it should be 3 stock 8 minutes, for pools (limit down to a top 32) it should be 2 stock 6 minutes.
What if we split the difference and made all matches, pool and brackets, 3 stock/6 minutes? How are the rest of the rules, are they solid enough? I know there are varying opinions on what maps are okay and not and we tried to capture the most accepted ones. Again, I want the players to have fun and feel like it was worth attending.

So, with the time change and rule set, and a $2,000.00 guaranteed pot, would this be a worthwhile event?

Vayseth

Smash Master
Yes it would but the problem with time is that if the majority of matches start running to the time limit (they will at 3 stock 6 min) you'll have botched results. 3 stock 7-8 min is really the minimum here.

jedirobb

Smash Rookie
Yes it would but the problem with time is that if the majority of matches start running to the time limit (they will at 3 stock 6 min) you'll have botched results. 3 stock 7-8 min is really the minimum here.

Okay, you sold me on it, 7 minutes it is... I will have the site updated momentarily.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
lol lain beat this

I have an interesting MM offer to everyone:

My Ice Climbers vs your any character. You cannot change characters and every match will be played on FD.

I WILL NOT BE LOOKING AT THE SCREEN.

The catch is that you have to let me grab you once every stock at 0%. You can mash out and play the rest of the stock normally if I mess-up but every time you lose a stock you have to tell me and let me grab you.

So, I get 3 free grabs while not looking at the screen. I will not look at the screen for any part of the match.

$5-$20.

Anyone up to it? :)

lain

Smash Master
I'm on it. :]

Also, update from Chi-town:

Anther+Joel won doubles. Me and omni got second. kirk and someone got 3rd.

Me Anther and Joel are all still winning our matches, we're all in like the row of matches before quarter-finals. Anther and Joel are on the other side, bowyer WAS on my side until he lost to Arty (falco). :[ Omniswell also lost to Kirk. :[ Alex is out I believe, and he's currently in loser's semi's right now in the naruto recvcon game. i dunno where Panda is, but I'm assuming he won all of them so far.

payouts (60 ppl)
$330
$180
$60
$30

raaaapppeeee.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wow good **** Kirk, I don't know what you're doing to beat a Meta Knight/Ice Climbers, but it must involve being #awesome.

Good luck to Anther vs Joel. Uhh, no idea what I'd wish lain luck for, unless he has someone on his side of the bracket who he'd lose to at this point lol.

Bowyer stop losing to people who play characters other than Meta Knight. ROFL

Top Bottom