• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wow... now I almost wish I went to that Kalamazoo tourney last weekend, haha.

Also, I dunno about Wifi. Most people dislike it, but I think there are a few (Ragnarok17, Anther?, me) who'd be willing to play it for a while.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I like how everyone ignored Mikey.

HarmS -- switch to Bursley and co-host UMBs lul

SCOTU -- thanks for jumping on the "hate Markley" bandwagon

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
wenis if youre looking for wifi im your man =D

and as of now, im gonna go ahead and start my freshman yr in baits, since i like the room i got........if i dont like it ill just put myself in the waiting list asap

edit: lol that lucas in the video is using mojos tag
edt 2: wenis, how much did your roommate win?

Wenis of Lore

Smash Cadet
haha hey now guys, it may not have been the coolest/flashiest final match, but the previous one(since it's best of 3) as well as earlier matches were pretty sweet. i think my roomate is pretty good even tho i equally feel zelda's up-smash is garbage:embarrass. although i do agree that there were some scrubs there(i don't consider ledge hogging/camping a tactic) and it COULD have been "the easiest money ever" for some. that's why i'm interested in more tournys, i'd love to meet some awesome players. as for how much money he made......well i really hope that this place doesn't continue to crap us out of cash(it was their 1st tournament and are taking suggestions) because there were at least 34 people at this tournament with a $5 entry fee and my roomate only got $25, 2nd place $10, and 3rd made their money back. not to mention, there was ONLY double elimination in the finals(lame). and speaking on wifi, i hate the lag just as much as the next person, but sometimes playing "anyone" on wifi just ends up in stupid 2 minute smashes with taunt parties and people not attacking eachother with even worse lag.

wenis if youre looking for wifi im your man

consider yourself added sir....... if anyone else wants online let me know and i'll take down your friend code.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
My FC is 2664 1856 6231.

If you host a game and I happen to be around I'll join up. I'm only willing to play singles under standard tournament rules (counterpick stages are okay if you really want), though. I lost interest in FFA's and items a while ago.

$25/$10/$5 is a total of $40 in the pot. With 34 entrants paying a fee of $5, it should've been more like $170. What the hell happened to like three-quarters of the money?

As for tactics, I watch a game and I see three rolls in a row followed by a smash attack? That's year one smash play right there. : \

Wenis of Lore

Smash Cadet
I'm only willing to play singles under standard tournament rules (counterpick stages are okay if you really want), though. I lost interest in FFA's and items a while ago.
sounds good. that's how i'd prefer to play anyways. tournament rules are usually fair rules.

Hence

Smash Ace
Don't be discouraged, Wenis.
Hot_ArmS is a beast against ZSS.

Edit: Hot_ArmS' Snake is just a beast period. Easily top 3 in the MW imo, I love his style!

:037:

clowsui

Smash Legend
cept harms hasn't been to a tourney in ages lol, how are you going to say he's top 3 snake in mw when he hasn't gone out of state (correct me if i'm wrong >__>)

Hence

Smash Ace
I said it was my opinion, don't bash me. :(

Anyway, he's definitely one of the most unique Snakes if anything.

Wenis of Lore

Smash Cadet
Don't be discouraged, Wenis.
Hot_ArmS is a beast against ZSS.

i'll try not to. i haven't played him yet but thanks for the heads-up haha. as a ZSS player, do you have any tips? and btw i'm assuming that's not your real FC, you wouldn't be interested in showing off your zero suit samus skills on wifi would you?

Hence

Smash Ace
Don't jump oos, you'll get U-Tilted. :(
Be smart when teching and DI well, be sure to recover high as often as possible. Watch out for Snake's U-Smash when recovering, as it sometimes intercepts our Flip Jump if you're impatient. Uncharged Paralyzer shots stop snake from snakedashing as well as stopping grenades.
Finally, edgeguard Snake, I cannot stress this enough.

I'll play with you sometime but I'm busy with schoolwork and studying for the next few days.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
i dont think it works that way, i just think thats your randomly assigned number............because i cant be 673............because i sent in my housing stuff 2 days before the deadline XD

Top Bottom