• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big MI Discussion Topic

What's The Point

Smash Master
fZk, I won't be at MSU on Thurs/Friday, and I'm not sure if I'm going to the next LoLis, so if you want to go you'll need another ride.

Other MSU people, fZk may need a ride to LoLiS, assuming some one is going.

lain

Smash Master
SMASHFEST AT IRIS' HOUSE TODAY (WITH DRINKING!)

starts at 7:30

i'm willing to drive any AA people there, as well as anyone who's close enough. Call meh. 734.272.7347.

i'm taking Judge, who lives in strling heights, so if anyone is on the way i could take you i guess.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
lain you didnt pick up your phone you bum

and how much can you promise that youd be sober enough to drive me back at the end of the night lol (assuming youre not spending the night there, cause i dont have that luxury)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Notra said it was fine for people to sleep over and shower (bring your own **** tho). So now people in the thread know about the Smashfest, I'll call a few select slackers that don't read the boards to show up on Friday :D

What time do you want it to start, Notra?

Zk Hammer

Smash Cadet
Michigan State University - MSU Campus Brawl Tournament

This isn't official yet, but I wanted to see if there would be enough people in the East Lansing area interested in organizing a Local tournament here on MSU campus. I was thinking something like a $1 buy in, winner takes all. Its not really about the money, I just think it would be a great experience. Email me at zurekjor@msu.edu if anyone is interested in starting such a thing. Thanks!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
If you want some funsies, throw a big Smashfest and then start a $1 winner-take-all tourney on the spot if people are up for it.

fZk

Smash Lord
Michigan State University - MSU Campus Brawl Tournament

This isn't official yet, but I wanted to see if there would be enough people in the East Lansing area interested in organizing a Local tournament here on MSU campus. I was thinking something like a $1 buy in, winner takes all. Its not really about the money, I just think it would be a great experience. Email me at zurekjor@msu.edu if anyone is interested in starting such a thing. Thanks!
I live on campus, so you can count on me for anything. I'm also down for smash anytime.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
like i said, i want it to be fun not competitive... $10 is too much for many college students including myself
$5 then. It's more reasonable.

Like someone else said, if it's just $1 you might as well just hold a big smashfest.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
like i said, i want it to be fun not competitive... $10 is too much for many college students including myself
Lol then why are you holding a tournament, if you dont want a competitive game to be competitive?

Make entry free if you want fun, and if you want people to come make it 10$

Zk Hammer

Smash Cadet
let me rephrase this. I want anyone who wants to play be able to, and be able to afford it while adding an incentive to win for the more competitive players.

isnt there a smashfest in msu on monday anyway

thats what rj/rusty said
I too would like more info on this, i hope its true!

@fZK, I live in McDonel idk how far you are but I smash at Cedar Village with my buds when I do cause my suite mate lost his Wii. But i'm down for smash any time as well, i guess im just looking for some competition, but i'd also really like to host or take part in a tournament here.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
what rusty said was "I'm going home this weekend, right timing cause i gotta unrust the falcon since theres a smashfest on monday"

oh yeah, its a melee smashfest, but ill ask him where and when anyway

lain

Smash Master
We could do what Ohio did. Iron man mm (3 characters). Winner take all $1.

However, if it's 5 we could just run a normal tourney and pay top 3 with payout like 3. $5 2. $10 1. the rest or something.

I call a spot at Notra's =_=. I don't think we can have too many people at his place to hold a tourney anywho.

What's The Point

Smash Master
$1 to $5 would be a good range for that MSU tournament. The main goal is to find other competitive people at MSU, so your usual $10 may be a bit too much.

Zk Hammer

Smash Cadet
$1 to $5 would be a good range for that MSU tournament. The main goal is to find other competitive people at MSU, so your usual $10 may be a bit too much.
if i dont hear of any Brawl at MSU soon, i'm probably starting something up in a few weeks after this next week of exams. I really want to see how I do compared to people other than my most competitive friends. just gotta make flyers and post em everywhere

Top Bottom