• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big PSA List thread *updated 02/16/10*

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Fun discovery, mad fun with Sheik =D

Setting the graphic bone to FFFFFFFE attaches the graphics on the entire body, aka sticks to every bone. Use this to give your character an 'aura' of sorts. =)

Example? Ganon's entry dark flames use this number.

Tidbits:
- Ganon's dark flames [EXGraphic #15, graphic A] can be used by any character, but will only show up if Ganon is in the match.
- Using FFFFFFFE will give a character a 'dark flame' coating, but FFFFFFFF will freeze the game. Go figure.

Things to Check:
- Does this work for hitboxes?

~~~~~~~~

Also, so I don't double post, is there a 'Change Subaction' with a requirement command?
Wow, that sounds great - maybe my Inferno idea could work after all! But wouldn't it go over the graphic limit?

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that sounds great - maybe my Inferno idea could work after all! But wouldn't it go over the graphic limit?
You can easily hit 40+ individual External Graphic effects on one character; the problem is when loading EXGraphics on two characters, where the limit is reduced [to about 20+?].

Normal graphics have an even smaller limit; if two characters are trying to load like 5+ graphics at once, not one will show up. That's why when possible, EX graphics are the way to go. If anything, don't loop the graphics for too long.

And who knows, maybe this 'coating' counts as one graphic, seeming it only uses one line. Someone should test this =P

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know how to constantly charge a move without doing anything (a la Waft, ROB's Lazer / Robo Burner, etc.)?

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Random codes. Check ROB's SideB subaction 1D1.

06010200 - Something with IDs, possibly Special Offensive Collisions, but it only has one other parameter.

06180300 - Looks exactly like the Defensive Collision above it. Weird.

And apparently you CAN put 'Set Air/Ground: Undefined(10)' in the subaction to lift off the ground, dunno if it's only for B moves though. Also in ROB's Side-B.

shanus

Smash Hero
So some more stuff:

0E020100 0-1: Turns Gravity off AND sets momentum to zero. The main big use is that this turns gravity off which is sweet.

0E040800: As everyone knows, first 2 parameters are horizontal and vertical. Second two parameters dictate whether its add or set where add is 0, set is 1. However, if you turn it to set, they all become set, so you cant unfortunately add to horizontal and set vertical. Injection of RA-Basic variables and some IC-Basics does NOT work with this code.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
So some more stuff:

0E020100 0-1: Turns Gravity off AND sets momentum to zero. The main big use is that this turns gravity off which is sweet.
Questions!
1. Setting the only parameter at zero turns the gravity on again, right?

2. This is only your gravity, right? Kinda fun if it shuts off everyone's gravity. =P

3. When you say gravity is off, does it mean you hover in place?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
0x0B8 in Attributes controls the characters model size on the victory screen.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Quick Question: In the parameters for Flash Overlay Effect, how much red do you need to become fully red? And how much Alpha do you need to make the effect fully transparent?

What's the difference between Flash Overlay Effect and Change Flash Overlay Effect?

shanus

Smash Hero
Questions!
1. Setting the only parameter at zero turns the gravity on again, right?

2. This is only your gravity, right? Kinda fun if it shuts off everyone's gravity. =P

3. When you say gravity is off, does it mean you hover in place?
Yes to 1-3

Important question:

Has anyone found a Set Air/Ground state in which you can slide off the edge? Sticky ledges are being quite the nuisance to my latest project.

camelot

Smash Ace
Important question:

Has anyone found a Set Air/Ground state in which you can slide off the edge? Sticky ledges are being quite the nuisance to my latest project.
Yes, but it isn't a "set air/ground" thing. It's event 08000100. Set the value to 1 to make it so you can slide off the edge, or 2 to make it so you can't.

If you want to try, put that event at the beginning of someone's roll. Then they can roll off edges. It's pretty cool, actually.

shanus

Smash Hero
Yes, but it isn't a "set air/ground" thing. It's event 08000100. Set the value to 1 to make it so you can slide off the edge, or 2 to make it so you can't.

If you want to try, put that event at the beginning of someone's roll. Then they can roll off edges. It's pretty cool, actually.
Awesome, thanks a ton camelot

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Hey, i tired changing Mario's Down-B with a NON-B Button move, and it froze. Can anyone tell me how i can replace Specials with non specials?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Specials are actions, if you try to place it in a subaction it won't work which is what your doing if you using it with Mario because they don't actually have the characters Actions except for specials

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Ok. Well got tto work any ways. Thanks. Ok now i need to know how to slow down Animations/Sub-Actions. I need to slow it down a bit.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thanks to Dantarion's OpenSA, I discovered a useful variable in Fighter.pac!

IC-Basic[2] is your damage %. Don't get too excited -- if you add or subtract from it, the game crashes. You can, however, use it to have certain things happen based on your current percentage.

For example, I used it to make a kill-able Giga Bowser, which I'm going to post in the Character Submission thread momentarily.

That said, if anyone has a set of codes that makes Giga Bowser reliably accessible as a character, free of crashes, please give it to me.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Kill-able GigaBowser? I WILL PWN MY BRO. Dude that rocks! Seriously though, anyone know how to slow down Sub-Actions/Animations? Im making Melee Mario just so you know.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses

04070100 is the frame speed mod. Click on Add and type this into the text box in the bottom right. Change the the value to scalar and you're good to go.

Typing in 2 would make the animation twice as fast, .50 would slow it down, etc.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Thanks! Im probably going to release it soon...... Right after my bro gets off AC:CF, and i stop hacking it!

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how to remove (or make invisible) a sword?

Or how to change its slash color?

Also, do swords have their own bone?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Sorry, to be a bit rude, but most of the PSA QnA goes into this thread, because this thread is supposed to be for PSA finds that will go on the OP

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Small event update about the Super Armor command, 1E000200.

Damage-reliant Super Armor:
1E000200: 0-3, 1-Damage number

Super Armor:
1E000200: 0-1, 1-0 Super armor start
1E000200: 0-0, 1-0 Super armor end
What in the world does 'damage reliant' mean?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Wow, I love how this thread is going. You are amazing leaf!

Haha I would make a new PSA character, but I currently have a life and am hanging with a certain lady friend this weekend :)

Oh and school. Lol.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
What in the world does 'damage reliant' mean?
It's also called heavy armor. It's basically the stuff used on Snake's up-b, you have to have a certain percent for it to know you out of the heavy armor.

EDIT: S*** Double Post, sorry Leafgreen

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
I'm having trouble with event 08000100. I want to make it so that Toon Link's up-B is the same on the ground and in the air (that is, he rises off the ground if he uses it on the ground), but when I tried to set event 08000100 to 5 in both the action and the sub-action, and then added momentum to lift upwards (using event 0E010200), he was still stuck to the stage. Any ideas?

Oh, and I know it isn't much, but I found a couple more SFX:
1F8F = Star Rod swing (weak)
1F8E = Star Rod swing (strong)
1F8D = Star Rod swing (smash)
If enough people could just find a few of them, we might be able to compile a universal SFX list... Or if someone could use SmashBox to find the file names, that would be good too.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm having trouble with event 08000100. I want to make it so that Toon Link's up-B is the same on the ground and in the air (that is, he rises off the ground if he uses it on the ground), but when I tried to set event 08000100 to 5 in both the action and the sub-action, and then added momentum to lift upwards (using event 0E010200), he was still stuck to the stage. Any ideas?
Get rid of the If: On Ground part of his UpB action? That's how I did it, just by making him only do the In-Air part.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Get rid of the If: On Ground part of his UpB action? That's how I did it, just by making him only do the In-Air part.
Mmm, tried that, the only thing I managed to do was to make him fly straight up into the air. I want him to be movable horizontally as well...

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
can u use the model changed code to remove marth's cape or Ike' or Marth's sword?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Accidental discovery!

Set LA-Basic[110] = 1
makes the character be unable to be grabbed.

EDIT: Less accidental discovery!

Article Visibility
10050200: 0-Article ID, 3-True/False

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
OP updated.

A little note: I've also placed the collection of lists prior to the dated entries in code tags. It should still be plenty readable, but this post was getting to be very large.
Nice, it now is a lot of more readable than before !

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Eh? I didn't think it made the post any more readable, but if you think so, ok. For some of the text you have to use the bottom scrollbar to view now, but most of the actual lists should be viewable without needing to touch the bottom scrollbar.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thanks for keeping this updated!

More discovery:

Fire Projectile
1F060100: 0-Power of shot

Examples: 0-0 fires a star in the Star Rod side tilt, whereas 0-1 is the Fsmash. 0-20 would fire a moderately large Super Scope shot.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I should be the one thanking you all for contributing your findings to this thread. All I've been doing is c/p'ing the stuff into the OP, which is getting to be kinda cluttered.

Anyway, that's a very nice finding. If you've got a more complete list of the projectile IDs, it'd be very handy to use with it. Added to OP.

Top Bottom