• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Big PSA List thread *updated 02/16/10*

NNID
Budget_Player
Dunno if this belongs here, but...

Running PSA more or less natively on mac.

http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

Go there, download mono for mac. It will install the .net framework. Then, go to the application Terminal. You will need to use the cd command to get to your desktop.

cd /Users/<yourusername>/<directory where smashattacks.exe is, starting from your user home. for desktop for example just /desktop>
mono SmashAttacks.exe

That structure will work for most people, AFAIK. Go to terminal. Copy the above two commands into a text file, then edit the brackets to whatever the directory is for your Smash Attacks .exe and SmashAttacks.exe to whatever your smash attacks is called.

Once you're done with making sure the directory and file name are correct, just paste the two commands into terminal and boom, SmashAttacks.exe should start automatically and stay open as long as the terminal window is open. If that fails, enter them one by one manually.

BTW, thanks TSON for telling me about mono.

camelot

Smash Ace
This probably isn't very exciting, but event 1F0C0100 (1 parameter that is "value", value must be 64) starts the beam sword trail, if you're holding one. Probably has more uses among battering weapons.

shanus

Smash Hero
Dunno if this belongs here, but...

Running PSA more or less natively on mac.

http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page

Go there, download mono for mac. It will install the .net framework. Then, go to the application Terminal. You will need to use the cd command to get to your desktop.

cd /Users/<yourusername>/<directory where smashattacks.exe is, starting from your user home. for desktop for example just /desktop>
mono SmashAttacks.exe

That structure will work for most people, AFAIK. Go to terminal. Copy the above two commands into a text file, then edit the brackets to whatever the directory is for your Smash Attacks .exe and SmashAttacks.exe to whatever your smash attacks is called.

Once you're done with making sure the directory and file name are correct, just paste the two commands into terminal and boom, SmashAttacks.exe should start automatically and stay open as long as the terminal window is open. If that fails, enter them one by one manually.

BTW, thanks TSON for telling me about mono.
I peronsally told you about Mono about 50 times.

shanus

Smash Hero
or you can just download parallels + a demo version of windows and never activate....

or use bootcamp....

etcetc

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Does anyone know how to spawn an item next to a character in PSA? Kind of like spawning an item in training mode. I don't want the character to hold it. Like how do I spawn a soccer ball in front of my character?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Oh... You could try it. He will hold the item for less than a frame, I dunno if it'll freeze. Try it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'll try it now, but that would like drop it where he is, what about appear right infront of him like in training mode when you make an item spawn?

edit: na didnt work

though maybe it doesnt work cause i tried it with a non grabbable item? i tried it with a soccer ball. it didnt freeze though, just nothing happened.

edit2: also, does anyone know where the actions for getting footstooled are? (not footstooling)

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Hey, awesome discovery guys.

In a catch collision, if you set parameter 6 to 41, odd things happen.

First, the one who was supposed to get caught (let's call him 2P) is not caught. He can move around as if he was never caught. The one who was supposed to catch 2P (let's call him 1P), however, is in CatchWait. If you try to pummel as 1P, he'll do the pummel, but nobody will get hurt unless they're next to him. But if 1P does a throw, 2P warps next to him and is thrown like normal.

But if 2P hits 1P, 2P takes around 2% damage and 1P releases him from the "grab" and takes normal damage. But then, 1P cannot grab again for the rest of the brawl.

I've only done this with Sonic, and I'll test some more later.
But for now, does anyone know what part of a catch collision determines the bone?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Telekenesis gone bonkers? Maybe pummel's collision should be moved closer to the foe.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
But for now, does anyone know what part of a catch collision determines the bone?
once this can be found out, it will likely solve the grab glitch with waluigi

look at the grab colision info for red alloy, its likely linked to bone 32 or 33, thatl help u out

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
According to Kirk (Don't credit me for this), Undefined 1 of Special Offensive Collision controls how many additional times this hitbox hits. If it says 7, then it will hit 8 times. You usually don't see this used much outside of articles, and there seems to be something that controls the percentage inside of it as well.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
According to Kirk (Don't credit me for this), Undefined 1 of Special Offensive Collision controls how many additional times this hitbox hits. If it says 7, then it will hit 8 times. You usually don't see this used much outside of articles, and there seems to be something that controls the percentage inside of it as well.
That reminds me, I should post some of the info Magus420 gave me a while back regarding Special Offensive Collisions.

Magus420 said:
(On the 2nd Special Offensive Collision) flags, I know that xx4FFFC0 allows reversible KB as normal, but xx4FFFC3 and xx4FFFC4 don't. Don't know the specifics here either.

On the 1st set of SOC flags before that one, it sets the refresh time of the hitbox (to not refresh it has 00000000). If for example it's set to 8, the hitbox will refresh itself 8 frames after the last time it hit the target and be able to hit them again as long as the collisions haven't yet been terminated. If the hitbox were out from frame 10-36 and hit them on frame 10 to start, it would hit on 10, 18, 26, and 34. If it 1st hits them on 14, it'd hit on 14, 22, and 30.
If I remember correctly, the xx of xx4FFC# was a number that set a special amount of hitlag. Whether this number sets the hitlag amount, or multiplies or divides it, is unknown.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Not quite. The value is a number of frames that the collision will loop under.

For example, if the value is 5, after the collision hits for the first time, it will hit again 5 frames later, and keep doing so, kind of like an infinite loop. Setting this to zero will have the collision only hit once.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Not quite. The value is a number of frames that the collision will loop under.

For example, if the value is 5, after the collision hits for the first time, it will hit again 5 frames later, and keep doing so, kind of like an infinite loop. Setting this to zero will have the collision only hit once.
Close enough ;o

shanus

Smash Hero
So I have a minor weird thing I've found with a code I've made.

If you are moving downwards during the move, you can interrupt the omve at any point in time with a B move, and only a B move. If you are moving upwards during it, you cannot interrupt with a B move.

Nothing in the programming has anything to do with B moves, fyi.

Anyone see such an issue before?

Also, I *think* this might be how you let a move go into Fastfall. No idea though:
If Req=2716
bit var set:RA-Bit 2
End If

Also, fighter.pac enables moves to be interrupted with certain attacks, as exemplified in Pit's upB:

020A0100 0-A, C, F, 10

In Fighter.pac, 21C50 enables:
9, B-12
during fall.

However, we don't know what these directly correlate to.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
That is very strange, shanus. I've never had that occur. Maybe it's inheriting something from its subaction or action? But then again, I can't even think of a subaction or action that behaves that way. Are there any undefined events involved?

shanus

Smash Hero
No, the only events used are momentum modifiers & variables, diable horizontal control, and a few others.

Also updated the post above mine with new findings

Edit: Also something in 21C20 of fighter.pac is what enabled you to FF during a move, exactly what that is, im not sure lol

Double Edit:

These 020A0100 abilities are defined in the external subroutines of fighter.pac (i think)
Air Attack - F
grab Edge - A
Air dodge - E
Air item throw - C
Air jump aerial - 12
Air landing - 9
Air Lasso - D
Air Special - B
Air Tread Jump - 10
Air Walljump -11
Ground - 8
Ground Attack -4
Ground Catch 3
Ground Escape - 5
Ground Guard - 6
Ground Item - 2
Ground Jump - 7
Ground Special - 1

Note: If an alloy is in fact missing a subroutine of these, that would explain why it isn't capable of performing it.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Hey, awesome discovery guys.

In a catch collision, if you set parameter 6 to 41, odd things happen.

First, the one who was supposed to get caught (let's call him 2P) is not caught. He can move around as if he was never caught. The one who was supposed to catch 2P (let's call him 1P), however, is in CatchWait. If you try to pummel as 1P, he'll do the pummel, but nobody will get hurt unless they're next to him. But if 1P does a throw, 2P warps next to him and is thrown like normal.

But if 2P hits 1P, 2P takes around 2% damage and 1P releases him from the "grab" and takes normal damage. But then, 1P cannot grab again for the rest of the brawl.

I've only done this with Sonic, and I'll test some more later.
Well, guys, i has done mah research, and found the answers!

Parameter 6 controls which action your opponent goes into.
This could be AWESOME!

We could make them enlarge or shink,
hop at our whims,
shrink their heads, or finally...

MAKE AN INSTANT KILL MOVE!

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Well, guys, i has done mah research, and found the answers!

Parameter 6 controls which action your opponent goes into.
This could be AWESOME!

We could make them enlarge or shink,
hop at our whims,
shrink their heads, or finally...

MAKE AN INSTANT KILL MOVE!
If this is true then that is soooooooo awesome!

EDIT: Aw bugger. Catch collisions don't work outside of the regular grab subactions, do they.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
They don't. I copypasted everything from Samus's catch to aircatch and all that happened was that the zair went out half length and didn't grapple.

Top Bottom