• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Biggest Waste of My Life

Link to original post: [drupal=2119]The Biggest Waste of My Life[/drupal]

Hey guys, it's me! Dark Prince of New York City! Sorry I haven't on recently (or for a long time...). Anyways, I'll continue:

Alright, so, in this mall, I go into Gamestop (for those of you who don't know it, it's a video game store), and I wanted to buy the gsme Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and then, as soon as I was waiting in line for, like, five minutes, I then go to the desk or whatever, and then, when I'm about to pull out my wallet, the clerk says "How much is it?", so then I checked the price, went back, and the line was full again -_-. I waited another a five minutes, then I got back again, and then I said the price, and then I realized that I had to go back and get a another copy of the game (because of the serial code, and it wasn't on the one I had), so I did so, then the line was full AGAIN (yes, again -_-). So, I waited ANOTHER five minutes to buy it, and then I did.

And, trust me, it's longer than it sounds.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
The video game stores around here never have more than six or seven people at once. I once saw that game preowned for £20. Should I have bought it?

M.K

Level 55
Wait, what? Why did you have to get back in line behind all of those people? That's stupid, usually they just allow you to cut ahead.
Well, that's what I would have done anyways.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
That does suck, but I've had worse.

When I was getting Pokemon Diamond and Pearl I had to wait a whole hour because I wanted to use my gift cards and their system was crashing every single time they tried to use them, and I eventually had to just use cash anyways. And I reserved them and was getting them on release date and everything, so I was really excited to play them.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I was going to get Phantom Hourglass in a sale when Woolworths was closing (so it was pretty crowded). Got to the till after around 15 minutes, gave them the game, and they tell me that the game had been sold out for ages.

I think people should buy Phantom Hourglass on-line- becuase shops don't seem to like giving it to you easily XD.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
15 minuets is nothing.

I once had to wait 4 hours for my mom to pick me up from elementary school. (Yes, I was scared as hell).

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
15 minuets is nothing.

I once had to wait 4 hours for my mom to pick me up from elementary school. (Yes, I was scared as hell).
Real men walk.

I anticipated Brawl for months and months, only to get DRE when it finally arrived. The people who could have cared less were later found the next day in school, talking about how awesome the game was. Needless to say, I was in a state of rage until my Wii got back the next week.

They found part of a CD case in my Wii. My stupid sister had lodged it in there. >_>

Frown

poekmon
This reminds me of the time I walked into the cinema and bought tickets for the premiere of The Return of the King which would start 10 minutes later. No people in line. A freakin' miracle.

n88

Smash Lord
This reminds me of the time I walked into the cinema and bought tickets for the premiere of The Return of the King which would start 10 minutes later. No people in line. A freakin' miracle.
Whaaaaaat? Where the **** did that happen?

mzink*

Smash Ace
That's amazing and it makes me happy.

Gamestops have always been crowded for me.
Gameden however usually never has over 3 or 4 people, I love that store.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Reminds me of trying to get a Wii on launch, except it was more like waiting a billion years and still not getting one.

And to think all the passion Nintendo fans put in on release...

LOL GG Iwata, I salute you.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Just wait until you actually play Phantom Hourglass. Oh man you're gonna be pissed.

Mewter

Smash Master
Frown, your life is amazing.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Man, thats not as bad as being locked out of your house (and noone was home) so you had to sleep outside.

No, no tent.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
World of Wacraft, having went strong from pre-Ahn'Quraji release up until a couple of days after Wrath of the Lich King.

And you think 15 minutes is a waste of your life?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I've been playing the same low-grade MMO since '04.

15 minutes is a long time!

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
15 minuets is nothing.

Hahaha :laugh:. I know the feeling man...

Man, thats not as bad as being locked out of your house (and noone was home) so you had to sleep outside.

No, no tent.
This too.
I had forgotten my keys and my mom went sleeping at her boyfriend's. I didn't have a single 50 cents or anything. I ended up waiting a little over 15 hours :(.
(It was already late, and she came back pretty early, luckily.)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
:confused:

What's wrong with Gamestop? Perhaps I'm a bit more fortunate/lucky than some other people around here but I don't recall having any bad experience.

bobson

Smash Lord
If that was the biggest waste of your life, your life must be incredibly structured.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I was thinking the same thing as bobson. If waiting in line for a game was the biggest waste of your life, I take it you're still a child, or you've never been to an amusement park on a busy day. I waited 40 minutes to go on Wahoo Run because of the **** tourists just so I could bust my knees and get them bloody by jumping out of the raft.

Yeah, yeah, because that was such a horrible experience.

Wait, what? Why did you have to get back in line behind all of those people? That's stupid, usually they just allow you to cut ahead.
Well, that's what I would have done anyways.
Well, I indeed enjoy your kindness there, Meta-Kirby! But seriously, when I tried to cut in fron of people until I reached my previous spot, they just shoved me all the way to the back :,(.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Whenever I go to gamestop there's no one there but they always ask me if I want to subscribe or signup for Gameinformer. Silly Gamestop.

Top Bottom