• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I think that's called a buff.

lol /end trolling

No, I get what you mean. I think it's because of the new characters that bring stuff to the table. Hazama? He adds a whole new element of speed to the game with his moves, even moreso then Taokaka did. Different methods of fighting, etc. It's a new ball game as far as I'm concerned.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Oh dear god......Joker Hazama.

Is it just me or has the game been made faster than it's predecessor?

Haku men seems a good bit faster than he used to be.
Hakumen is definitely faster in CS. His A and B moves are even more ridiculous. You should check out the frame data, if it's out yet.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Raz, I think you are underestimating how popular Hazama is. Just because he has a learning curve doesn't mean that there isn't going to be a metric **** tonne of people playing him. He has an interesting character design, and a more abusable drive than Jin's, espcecially online, which you, more or less, can't punish because of lag. I'm not saying that there will be a lot of good Hazama players, but there's going to be a lot nonetheless.

So, Minato is right. PSN is gonna be loaded with Ragna and Hazama. In fact, I've already seen it. :3c

edit: And Noel will never get buffed, or at least, be any good. Apparently, one of the lead designers' favourite character is Noel, and he nerfed her so much because he didn't want her to be a popular character. Can you say shenanigans?
I suppose you're right, though I expect the "NEW CHARACTEROMFGHYPE" to die down reasonably quickly. I'll just have to make sure I'm not one of the thousands of generic Hazamas, and actually be good with him. xD

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I suppose you're right, though I expect the "NEW CHARACTEROMFGHYPE" to die down reasonably quickly. I'll just have to make sure I'm not one of the thousands of generic Hazamas, and actually be good with him. xD
Well, he has a million setups and one combo apparently, so... I think you'll be fine.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Oh that is sweet news.

Haku men is now the charcter he should be.

My friend is importing the game so it won't be too long before I get to trash him even harder with Haku men.

YAY!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well, he has a million setups and one combo apparently, so... I think you'll be fine.
He's got his j.c x 1000000 combo that everyone sees, but he's also got a lot of corner set-ups and releases using Jakou and 6D->A, so I wouldn't call him a one-combo character. xD Not to mention Jayoku -> Jakou combos out the ***.

Edit: Holy **** I just realized my copy should be arriving in a couple days. GET HYPE.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
He's got his j.c x 1000000 combo that everyone sees, but he's also got a lot of corner set-ups and releases using Jakou and 6D->A, so I wouldn't call him a one-combo character. xD Not to mention Jayoku -> Jakou combos out the ***.

Edit: Holy **** I just realized my copy should be arriving in a couple days. GET HYPE.
That's what I'm saying. Lots of setups. One basic BnB.

Same with Ragna, but he only needs one combo to win.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I lol'd.

That doesn't change the fact that Noel is lolbad.
LOL Too bad it's pretty much impractical to pull off in a real match.
These are both correct though.

Raz, I think you are underestimating how popular Hazama is. Just because he has a learning curve doesn't mean that there isn't going to be a metric **** tonne of people playing him. He has an interesting character design, and a more abusable drive than Jin's, espcecially online, which you, more or less, can't punish because of lag. I'm not saying that there will be a lot of good Hazama players, but there's going to be a lot nonetheless.

So, Minato is right. PSN is gonna be loaded with Ragna and Hazama. In fact, I've already seen it. :3
People will main characters because of their "coolness" regardless of how good they actually are. Look at Hakumen in CT. He was terrible but people loved him.

I hope Arakune is still ****.

I love him so.
He's better and worse because of the way his curse mode works now. I'll let someone else explain it because I'm tired.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Most recent lists that I've seen have Arakune in high tier. Not omgwhat tier like CT, but still good.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Actually I've only ever seen him in mid-low tier. He has curse combos that can kill, but until he gets a curse he's a really bad character. Now this is mostly true of CT but less so because in CT you had much easier ways of landing a curse and you could curse in 1 hit instead of having to build up the curse bar until your opponent got cursed.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'll be up for the PSN party. Also, I'm basically just going off of word-of-mouth from dustloop. Sorry if I got any Arakune player's hopes up. D:

Yaya

Smash Champion
He's better and worse because of the way his curse mode works now. I'll let someone else explain it because I'm tired.

Would I be correct in saying it's because it takes so much more work to get a curse on the opponent, and his damage is brutal without Curse. But when he gets a curse on the opponent, if the Arakune knows what he's doing, then the round is basically over?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I know this is a bit foolish to ask but I gotta since I have a budget.

I can pre-order CS for $43.94. Should I do it?

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Sounds about right.

...man. Arksys sucks for not shipping to Canada. I wouldn't have minded buying the Continuum Shift TE stick.
Saaame. I totally would have bought the CS TE. Especially, considering that one of my sticks is sort of dying.

YEEEEEES. :bee:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Do you not have a PS3 or 360? That's where a lot of the competition seems to be.

But to answer your question, Continuum Shift is looking to be less likely to get a PC release for now. A lot of it has to do with pirating issues. Then again, that's just the world we live in. Ahah.

It's highly likely that Continuum Shift will get a PSP release down the line. We'll probably find out later next year.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It took a several months for CT to come out on the PSP, so you will probably have to wait a little while for CS. There's no announcement for it thus far.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Do you not have a PS3 or 360? That's where a lot of the competition seems to be.

But to answer your question, Continuum Shift is looking to be less likely to get a PC release for now. A lot of it has to do with pirating issues. Then again, that's just the world we live in. Ahah.

It's highly likely that Continuum Shift will get a PSP release down the line. We'll probably find out later next year.
It took a several months for CT to come out on the PSP, so you will probably have to wait a little while for CS. There's no announcement for it thus far.
Thanks guys, just needed to make sure that the CT being released for PSP wasn't just a one-time thing.

I don't have an XBox because I can get most of the games for computer, and I like PC better. I don't have a PS3 because I don't really like many of the games on it... I mainly got a PSP for Gradius Collection and Parodius Portable.

I do enter tournies and stuff mind you, despite not playing the console versions.

Pur3 Smash

Smash Cadet
idk if i should really have high hopes for CS because i mean blazblue is alright but the prob was the fact that the combos where not as cool as guilty gear i kinda enjoy guilty gear a little more i might get CS but its prob gonna bore me just like the first

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Would I be correct in saying it's because it takes so much more work to get a curse on the opponent, and his damage is brutal without Curse. But when he gets a curse on the opponent, if the Arakune knows what he's doing, then the round is basically over?
It would be more accurate to say that his damage is very bad without curse. Otherwise this is accurate.

Isn't CS retailing for $39.99?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Isn't CS retailing for $39.99?

I wasn't aware of that. I thought it would be in the $50-$60 range at retails so I didn't bother to look '>.>
Probably not in Canada, though I honestly have no idea where Grey lives. :p
It's available at that price here. I'm gonna go pre-order it right now :088:

Thanks for that bit of info Gates.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
My TE SFIV Round 2 Stick came in from UPS today! It is one sexy number. ...that being said, can't wait to modify it now. LOL

Continuum Shift... Why can't you come any sooner.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Oooh, fun! Pics when it's done?

Man, everyone's modding their sticks. Makes me wish I had a new stick to mod. T_T
I just wish that I had higher resolution pictures... Because the template for fight stick art is retardedly huge. D:

I dunno if I wanna make a Type-Moon one, something for Cloud (maybe Cloud & Arcueid, or Cloud & Saber), or a Ragna the Bloodedge stick.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I just wish that I had higher resolution pictures... Because the template for fight stick art is retardedly huge. D:
If you have access to Adobe Illustrator you can use that program to vectorize images. It'll let you stretch the image without really degrading the quality.

I haven't added art to my arcade stick yet. No money, and I already spent enough money to get it to begin with.

BTW, are people using this site for art mods? http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I dunno if I wanna make a Type-Moon one, something for Cloud (maybe Cloud & Arcueid, or Cloud & Saber), or a Ragna the Bloodedge stick.
..No Sacchin? :(

Arcuied would be good.

@Minato: I'm using that site for clear dust washers.

Anyway, I'm probably going to try to replace the art tomorrow! Does anyone have any tips?

Edit: @Kura: Use Gimp instead of whatever you're using, It's free and good.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'll favorite that, but....
Just make sure to use the templates they have on that site. I remember hearing that they're slightly different than one of the templates from SRK. At least, that's what I heard in the Tech Talk thread at SRK.
Where did you get Adobe Illustrator? I have Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8.
I don't have Adobe Illustrator. I've used it before in my old high school computer class though. All you need to do is vectorize the image and then use that image in Photoshop.

And I can't say where you can get Illustrator. :laugh:
It's either buy it... or find it.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Oh that won't be necessary! I'm not even certain what image I'd want in the first place. Whether I check danbooru or not, so I'll have to figure it out... Hm. It's kind of you to offer though!

Top Bottom