• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Yoshara

Smash Lord
It's like TvC in the sense of it's control scheme and the basic jumping mechanics, but it is alot faster, and closer to MvC2 in mindset. Really it is actually its own beast.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
lol DJHUOUSHEN. he used to upload like almost all of his fights. though i think he stopped for now.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
He uploaded some of my matches too.
They were pretty painful for me to watch...

They were from back in August, so I guess it's somewhat excusable. Not really though.
And one was me playing Ragna, I don't play Ragna in CS. :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVohO_z-_mE
I think I'm going to like CS2 Tao. :3

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I gotz a BBCS MM at pound 5 Hazama vs Litchi. :awesome: I have to play on ps3 though. So Yeah being a 360 player gonna have to get use to it real quick.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys.

So has there been any word at all about when the patch is going to hit and/or Platinum DLC is going to be available?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I have an idea to help me with combos, and I wanna see what you guys think.

Currently, I can't do super long strings of combos for the time being. One thing I've seen suggested is to just put piece by piece together. The only problem I have with this is that it becomes more about memorizing the combo which would lead to me being predictable. Would it be a better idea that I see what I can combo from what to what so doing combos is more like painting a canvas and not memorizing an order?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Take what I say with a grain of salt, but if you have a non-blue beat combo, there's no reason to change what you do in the middle of the combo if it does less damage. Just find different combo starters.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I have an idea to help me with combos, and I wanna see what you guys think.

Currently, I can't do super long strings of combos for the time being. One thing I've seen suggested is to just put piece by piece together. The only problem I have with this is that it becomes more about memorizing the combo which would lead to me being predictable. Would it be a better idea that I see what I can combo from what to what so doing combos is more like painting a canvas and not memorizing an order?
All you really need to do, is just get that hit confirm in and starting the combo.
You're right that you don't want to be predictable and go for the same attacks since they'll see it coming, like constantly going for a throw, Noel's 3C, etc.

But you really should still get those important BnBs down. I usually just do it piece by piece if I'm really struggling with it. If you need to, you can just unplug the controller and slowly tap the buttons and inputs in the right order so you can get it down to muscle memory even faster.

As for whether to memorize or not, I'd say memorize. Doing things on the fly isn't as helpful since things can go wrong.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm not saying I want to skimp on the BnBs. I'm wondering if checking what cancels into what would help remember parts of combos in an easier way.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'm not sure I understand what KumaOso is getting at.

I guess combos are foreign to Fuertes.

Umbrella response:

If you have trouble with a combo. Just do the first half of it alone. done. now try to complete the second half of it alone (barring starter requirements). done. Now piece them together. done.

Practice until you get them down. All the way down.

Innovation comes later.

I'm going to bring myself to play online more often... I guess. If I see you online I'm sending an invite. Vice versa too, bro.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Learn what you can get off a certain move when you hitconfirm.
This is what I'm talking about. When I was saying I didn't want to be predictable, I didn't want to start off with a few combos and try to fish out hit confirms for the starting attack.

For example, let's say one Valk combo starts with whatever and partway, there's j.214B which I know I can go with either 9DD > j.B > dj.B > j.C (> j.236236C) or 9D < j.AAA < j.236A < j.236 B > whatever.

Instead of fishing for the hitconfirm for the earlier part of the combo sequence, I just flow with situation, and if I can land j.214B, I know what I can do from there.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I think I know what you mean.

For example, when I'm pressuring with Noel, one of the variable strings that I use is: 5A > 2B > 5B > 6B or 5C or 2C. I can get a nice fatty combo off of a 6B, same with CH 5C or 2C, if they try to mash out.

But I mean, this wasn't stuff that anyone taught me. I went to training mode and experimented for a while, and wrote stuff down. Kept the stuff that was good, and got rid of the stuff that's not. But it was all trial and error.

I don't know if that really helps you though.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if anybody else does this when trying to learn combos, but what I do is I'll try the first say, 3 moves of it, then add on the 4th and 5th, then the next 2, and so on. That way, if I have trouble with a certain part, I'll know when I come to it and be able to learn it with a basic slow burn.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
I'll try to do the whole combo, but apply more focus to certain moves I'm having trouble with. But I want to get into the habit of associating the whole combo together in muscle memory.

Related: According to himself, JWong does his combos 100 times in a row to call his practice complete. Dedication I'd say...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I do something similar to that for my tech practice.

If I can't so something X amount of times in a row successfully, then I have to keep trying it until I can.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
**** online.

Thanks for the matches, Zero even though I got *****. I need to work more on the aerial aspect of this game. And instant block is hard as hell online.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I just wish I had local players to get better, but no, they got to be *******s and play Street Fighter and Marvel instead. I love SF and I'm dying to play Marvel, but man can't live on those two alone, or fighting games for that matter (I love DKCR).

I should look back at the tutorial for Instant Blocking. And is there a reason why I shouldn't IB from a strategic standpoint?

Turazrok

Smash Master
If you're talking about BB Kuma, Jnig's brother, Arcadia, is really good at BB. And he will teach you :X

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I should look back at the tutorial for Instant Blocking. And is there a reason why I shouldn't IB from a strategic standpoint?
I can't think of a reason why you wouldn't want to IB besides fear of screwing up.
So yeah, practicing IBing is a good thing. Just don't expect them to work online as you probably know... lol

Unless you're Tager, so you can psychic IB into mashing 360/720s...

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
ib builds meter and gives +5 extra frames on the ground and +10 extra in the air.

If you know you can do it, then do it.

Unless you're lazy and coasted this game with an auto-pilot character that's only truly godly when you ib anyway like me :bee:

Top Bottom