• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Fate/Unlimited Codes isn't a PSN title, it's a downloadable game for the PSP.
Melty would need a publisher to bring it over here. Because of it needing to be ported it would take time and money to bring it over.

I know, lol. I was just using it as an example.

Preference?

I can't take Mahvel seriously ever. :3c
This times, like, a million. It's fun at times, but I don't feel too into it, ya know?

Besides, I don't want to waste 60 bucks on a "just for fun" game, lol.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Werekill and I are like the same person. :3c

I should get a Rei avatar too.

But yeah, that's pretty much the same way I feel about Marvel, except I do own a copy. It's loads of fun, but it's just too silly sometimes.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've played VS games as a kid, so I love them a lot more than BB.
I put Guilty on the same level as Marvel though. BB maybe would be right behind if it was faster.

Getting slowly combo'ed for at least 10 seconds after each hit confirm slows down the pace while GG's are pretty short and quick.
Glad CSII looks much faster. Not much longer until the PSP and 3DS port comes out in Japan.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
It's not even the fact that Blazblue is Combos: The Movie, it's the fact that there is outright ******** bullcrap and the overall weakness in mixups that gets to me.

My absolute fandom towards Makoto keeps me going though. I'm happy to know that Rachel's coming back too.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Werekill and I are like the same person. :3c
Sure, other than the fact that you're probably significantly colder than me right now. :p

Yeah Minato, I'm glad that CS2 looks faster too. I'd rather have a GG-like game with a great story than no GG at all. Besides, I like BB's plot, universe, and characters (overall) better than GG, but that's just me.

On the topic of Mahvel... I would actually rather play a new Darkstalkers game than MvC3.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah Minato, I'm glad that CS2 looks faster too. I'd rather have a GG-like game with a great story than no GG at all. Besides, I like BB's plot, universe, and characters (overall) better than GG, but that's just me.

On the topic of Mahvel... I would actually rather play a new Darkstalkers game than MvC3.
CSII looks like it fixed most of the problems I had with BBCS. I really can't wait for it.
BB's plot is cool, I need to finish story mode still for CS though. Seems a lot better than GG's.
I like GG's characters more but that's just personal preference. I like how weird and unique they look, and they're pretty creative for anime style characters.

Both games are great, I just didn't like some of the design choices that were made in CT, but things have been getting better and better.

As for Darkstalkers, I really want Capcom to make another one. :(

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'm so glad I'm not the only person who just isn't into MvC3. The worst part is, I knew it wasn't my type of game, but I got it anyway because all my friends got it. I totally caved to the peer pressure :(

I haven't been playing much BB lately. The online is just too frustrating.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Take MvC3 friends. Teach them BB. No more online. Profit!

Unfortunately, my boyfriend is one of the two people running a Mahvel scene in our area, so I have to play with him whether I like it or not. :I

I just want BB to have a better guard system.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
MvC3 was always going to be a casual game for me, outside of that I can't get into Marvel.

I just want BB to have a better guard system.
I'll finally be able to reasonably guard break most of the cast in CSII with Tao. :D
They will need to burst once, it will cost me 50 heat and it will probably rarely happen but it's better than nothing I guess. :/

Yeah, I'd like to see Guard Primer revamped or outright replaced. At least I like it more than Guard Libra.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I've been trying to teach the scarce fighting fans in my area how to play BB, but they all suck at it. :(

Would anyone be interested in an online, just for fun tournament this weekend? We could all meet up at a certain time and spectate each other's matches.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm in. I haven't played BB in awhile and I've been wanting to lately.
I don't think we have enough people for a tourney though.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
I like how people are debating the merits of fighting games on smashboards.

Well I think it's amusing at least.

Frame data for CS2 is getting scanned now fyi.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
SmashBoards Mini-Tourney would be pretty fun. Double elimination and all that jazz.

[EDIT]

I recommend that you guys span this little tourney out over the course of a week or two like how the WiFi Brawl Tournaments do it sometimes. Of course, flowing and getting this done ASAP would be a better idea, but either way I feel it works.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Man, I already know I'm amazing. It's just that my character is so bad and everyone elses' characters are so good. :mad:
☯ Finally, another Rachel main. =D jk

☯ Spring is coming and still no update on Platinum... maybe she'll become free when CSII comes out.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh right, speaking of Makotos. I remember was playing in some BBCS tournament back at the end of February and some Quebec Makoto by the name of Nini_Heart absolutely kicked my (and everyone else's) butt. It...was kind of embarrassing but amazing at the same time.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I don't think Makoto is that good though. Even if she does hit like a bus full of fat people. CS1 Makoto, that is.
Eh, I think CS1 Makoto is pretty good, but fair enough.

Oh right, speaking of Makotos. I remember was playing in some BBCS tournament back at the end of February and some Quebec Makoto by the name of Nini_Heart absolutely kicked my (and everyone else's) butt. It...was kind of embarrassing but amazing at the same time.
I almost went to that tournament. I just couldn't get the time off of work. And I think I've seen some of Nini's YT vids; he seemed good.

On a somewhat related note, pochp sent me a message on Dustloop, and he said they would probably have a tournament in Montreal around Easter. :3c

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Have to admit, Hazama seemed so cool as a character from the moment his Michael Jackson appearance came about and his whole evil demeanor. It's too bad his playstyle is NOTHING like what I do well with.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Oh, she's good, but in a world full of Hazamas, Bangs, Litchis, and Hakumens, well, this world sucks.

I wish Hazama wasn't good because he's so cool that everyone wants to use him already.
I disagree with the Hazama and Hakumen match-up, but I understand.

And yeah, luckily there aren't a lot of Hazama players in my area. He's really annoying to play against. ;-;

It's no big deal, we have monthlies too, as you can see, lol.
That's pretty sweet, actually. We have biweeklies in our area, and we're trying to get some sort of monthly tournament thing running to establish rankings better. No one wants to do ranbats, but everyone likes tournaments. Go figure.

Though I can't see myself making a trip to Ottawa. Montreal is much more manageable money-wise, plus my boyfriend has family there, so we can stay with them.

Top Bottom