• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Thinking about it, asking for this many more new characters isn't that much of a stretch. Considering that from Calamity Trigger to Continuum Shift's games we got...

- Tsubaki
- Hazama
- Mu-12
- Makoto
- Valkenhayn
- Platinum
- Relius
It's not fair to count all of CS1, 2, and Extend for CP. CS1 arcade only added Tsubaki and Hazama. Console added Mu, Makoto, and Valk with the latter two not being done in time for console release. I'm expecting Saya as the boss (at best) and that's it. No more characters until the next CP game.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
True enough. Would be interesting if they somehow wrapped things up in one go. But you're probably right.

Chrono Phantasma II or something. It'd be cool if they stuck to just Chrono Phantasma and simply gave rebalances like we got for CS1 patched into CS2.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
No more furries, please.

I'm actually really glad they went they way they did, and introduced a bunch of new characters that no one has ever heard of before. It's more interesting. Also, with the addition of Kagura and Terumi, we're up to 25 characters now, and that's the same amount as GG.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
We're seriously at that many now? Wow, that's crazy to think about. I remember back in the days of the "Original 12".

And to answer Raziek's question about Kokonoe having combat ability, there's actually a few mentions of it. Hakumen, (and Hazama too) both ask why she's "hiding behind Lambda and Tager" essentially, with Hakumen pointing out she could take care of herself. As well, she's used a bunch of magic things story-wise, and I thought she sealed the mock-Black Beast that her and Relius worked on, along with the whole bit of that well...yeah, she has science and could wind up being in some Lex Luthor style suit with magic. Plus, a common thought is that since she's the daughter of 2 of the Six Heroes, she should be more than capable of handling herself too.

Plus, Mori was troll-teasing Kokonoe being playable harder than usual in some interviews a bit back, if I remember. That being said, I can realistically see Saya and Phantom (Unlimited Phantom being Nine?) being playable before her. However, it IS worth noting out the gender balance of things. CT had a gender balance of 7 guys, and 5 girls. The characters added from CS1 and CSX were 4 girls and 3 guys, with 1 of the girls being just a different form of Noel, arguably making it 3-3. With what we have so far for CP, the ratio sits at 4 guys, and 2 girls. Granted, 2 of those are different forms of the same character, it's still a 3-1 comparison even if you take out Terumi and Izayoi, so there is a bit of a need for an added female character or two. Though, as I mentioned before, I kinda think they'd be Saya and/or Phantom before Kokonoe, since well, if they had Kokonoe as DLC, it serves well to make a bit more money that way. But...I might be overthinking as usual.

Oh, and also, since I just had the internet guy replace my modem, hopefully my internet's going to be working back to normal and well again, so I can go back to playing some games online again without worry.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would be more excited about new characters If I liked any of them. :urg:

More characters in general are nice, though, I guess.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
BBCP scheduled to come out next year for the US. An english version of the old trailer was posted on Sony's YT channel, so who knows if a 360 version is in the works or not.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Hopefully "next year" turns into January, but I might try to import just to play it (though I legit have no idea if my PS3's region free, and I can't read Japanese worth crap, so I may be forced to wait). The article said there'd be 5 new characters and 2 DLC ones. The 5 new console ones are obviously Bullet/Amane/Azrael/Izayoi/Kagura (since I think Kagura unlocks after you beat story mode?), which would leave Terumi/? as the DLC ones. That being said, I can't see the DLC person being anybody other than one of Saya/Kokonoe/Jubei/Phantom, and with Jubei getting plagued by those injuries, and no instances of Phantom actually fighting anybody, I'm 50/50 between Saya and Kokonoe. That being said, I'm of the mindset that Ragna/Jin vs Saya and Kokonoe/Jubei vs Phantom are both storyline inevitable at some point anyways, so I expect all 4 of those to at some point become playable be it this game or the next.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
All PS3s are region-free.

I only use training and versus mode, and occasionally netplay, and I've had no problems with it being in Japanese.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
So much for playing BBCP. I only have a 360 and am not planning on picking up a PS3 any time soon.
Why did BBCP have to become a PS3 exclusive after all this time.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
2014 is longer than I would have expected. I don't think I'll import though, because if everything goes how it should then +R will be out before then, and that should hold me off until BBCP.

Hopefully it all works out like that. :/

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I'll import if i can somehow find a famitsu edition floating around for reasonable prices

most likely, im waiting as well

because i spent money on dat Mu-12 figure and Other M Zero Suit

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Can't wait to start a lobby with you guys when CP is out. I'm going in like it's CT.

Whoever wants to play some Extend tonight, let met know. I need a break from Marvel a tiny bit.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Nova Scotia importing 10 copies because thank you BasedLythium.

No problem, and I'm pretty excited, not gonna lie. There's no way I'm waiting until 2014 for this, haha.

Roue is doing a second order, so it's going to end up being even more, haha. At least 12 copies for NS, and he's also supposedly exporting the goods to NB and NL. Saint John and St. John's both have growing BB scenes now, it's pretty awesome.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, I can't wait for some CP stuff. And while I didn't see your message about being up for Extend tonight until now Minato, I might be up for some over the weekend in between getting The Last of Us tomorrow on launch.

Edit: Wait...apparently TLoU isn't out until the 20th now?

Minato

穏やかじゃない

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It's weird to see Tsubaki win that. Though, it's weirder still to see Izayoi so low if people like Tsubaki and Mu not in top 20 at all, with how well Noel did. Poor Amane, people don't be knowing what to think of him.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Bridget won GG?

Hahaha.

I'm okay with these first places.
Not okay with Noel in second though. :mad088:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I actually have little idea on who my favourite BB characters are if we're not going by playstyle. Well, other than probably Bang and Tao for being comic relief.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Already paid for Evo (spectator pass). Gonna sign up for GG and BB probably, so if anyone here's going, see you there.

Top Bottom