• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
The real reason is that Rachel Alucard is in this game is why this game beats Smash, though Smash has Kirby, but Blazblue have Rachel... Kirby.... Rachel....... WHICH ONE!!! T_T

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
This game beats Smash in every way. Get it.
Bit of a stretchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

BUT YES!

The real reason is that Rachel Alucard is in this game is why this game beats Smash, though Smash has Kirby, but Blazblue have Rachel... Kirby.... Rachel....... WHICH ONE!!! T_T
RAWRGNA!

Wait...

Smooth Criminal

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
if you are seriously debating over kriby and rachel you got problemz ! lol

rachel all the way :chuckle:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yes, Rachel. Rachel all the way.
Speaking of her, I won over 20 matches with her today and only lost 3. I'm getting better with her.

I'm not a pro with her or anything like that, I'm just happy that I'm improving. I still have issues against any counter-happy Hakumens. They ruin my pressure tactics since they can just counter whenever my attacks are blocked.
It's pretty frustrating.

Oh, and I fought some good V-13s finally. I'm still having problems with the matchup. V-13 and Arakune give me serious problems.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
2A>5B>5D (hold C)>release C>j.2A>j.2B (hold b)>release B>6C>5C>2C(2B + 6A)>6C>5C>2C(2B + 6A)>6C>5C>2C(2B+6A)>j.6A hold>release A>j.C>j.2D

NUFF SAID.

btw dreadz seriously we need to goto zp and practice.

edit:
if u love the game. if u want to talk about the game.

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1322

spread the word o.o

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
RAWRGNA!

Wait...

Smooth Criminal
That seems like a clue of what should I pick. =P

if you are seriously debating over kriby and rachel you got problemz ! lol

rachel all the way :chuckle:
Rachel's goodnice is winning me over, but I've been a Kirby fan since forever. If I abandon him, he will cry. T_T

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Do any of you have the PS3 version? If so add me on PSN. My tag is SkylerOcon. Send me a message saying your SWF name, so I know who you are.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Do any of you have the PS3 version? If so add me on PSN. My tag is SkylerOcon. Send me a message saying your SWF name, so I know who you are.
I'll add you tomorrow. Too tired to play right now. I just got through 20 or so games just barely.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I played a really good V-13 player today online. I got destroyed. The Rachel and V-13 matchup is really hard. :(

Pumpkins and frogs keep getting destroyed by her drive, lightning rods take to long to shoot out, and using wind just to get to her wastes one wind which could be used for combos.
I need to face more V-13s so I can get used this matchup.

On a lighter note, I've been doing better against rushdown characters. Noel still gives me some problems though, same goes for Jin.

I still have issues on fighting Tager though, especially with lag.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Oh gawd, did someone say V-13 and Tager in that same order? I think I died a little, (I hate fighting them). D=

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I thought I was decent until I played Minato. I got wrecked! Good games though, I think I learned a bit.

But yeah, no more Jin for me. He's just not very fun to play as. I prefer V-13.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I thought I was decent until I played Minato. I got wrecked! Good games though, I think I learned a bit.

But yeah, no more Jin for me. He's just not very fun to play as. I prefer V-13.
Haha, thanks. If you ever need practice against Rachel, just send me an invite.
Watch out for Rachel's pressuring tactics, they lead into some pretty nasty combos.

And once you master V-13, you're going to destroy me unless I somehow get better at that matchup.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
jump and block/guard :3 and slowly approach or teleport xD?
I was referring to her actually combos.
Then again... what you're saying isn't far from the truth. XD

Oh, and I really want to pick up Carl ones of these days. To be honest, I've only used Rachel, Taokaka, Ragna, Jin, and V-13 right now, but I've only used Rachel and Tao in real matches. I really should try to learn the rest of the cast.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Minato, I just wanted to let you know that I'm not ignoring your requests for fights. Sometimes my son turns on the PS3 and leaves it on for hours when I'm not around, and I get home and see all these invites, haha.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Minato, I just wanted to let you know that I'm not ignoring your requests for fights. Sometimes my son turns on the PS3 and leaves it on for hours when I'm not around, and I get home and see all these invites, haha.
I don't remember sending you an invite in BB yet. Maybe you're mistaking me for someone else?
But yeah, if anyone does want to play, just send me an invite.

nevershootme

Smash Master
so I found a post on SRK... and posted onn ATL south social. now passing it to here

guys... if you want to challenge Japan players... here are their tags. and uh... good luck getting wrecked by them. sources found from SRK

XBL: name - gamertag - Character

Dora - dora f91 - Bang

Kaqn - kyokugei (unsure, but it could be him) - Jin/Ragna

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Good games, Jam Stunna. Your Litchi caught me off guard in the first match.
In fact, I don't face that many Litchis so I didn't know how to block against some of her moves.

I fought a decent V-13 today. He was pretty good from what I saw in his other matches. I did really well against him by cornering him over and over until he died. I didn't want him to zone me at all.

I'm just lucky that he didn't destroy my pumpkins fast enough.
I lost to a couple Jins today. Stupid lag doesn't allow me to instant block is ice car move...

I learned how to get past spamming Noels now, so I'm doing much better in that matchup.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i have the 360 version

my name is stongertron if you want to add me

it's really fun, the controls feel good to me but i use the analog stick instead of the dpad because the dpad is ****ing terrible :x

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
Wow, it's been ages since I logged into Smashboards @_@ I guess there's not much reason to log in here since I've actually been spending more time playing Guilty Gear and the like than Smash lately, but I can still always post in here, hehe.

Anyway, I've got the PS3 version. I'm a pretty serious Rachel player, but I haven't configure my internet connection or anything yet, so I haven't actually tried playing online (when I do, though, my profile will end up being the same as my Smashboards name) As a result, the only characters that I really have any experience against are Arakune and Litchi. Yeah, Litchi's a little tricky to get used to - I generally just have issues with blocking overheads, and Litchi's the overhead queen @_@ I'll probably have the feel for her nailed down whenever my friend comes over to play next, though that'll probably be a ways off, since he's going to Otakon...

Arakune, on the other hand, I've had NO trouble with whatsoever. You can out-zone him rather easily, to my surprise... your projectiles just cover a much wider range than his do. The biggest problem I have is keeping my wind charges up against him... it seems like I spend an even larger amount of time in the air against him than the other characters, so I usually find myself Wind-starved by the time he's around 50% health. I think I'm just developing an addiction to using pumpkins to cover my approach <_<

Oh, and I don't have the 360 version myself, but both of my friends with the game do, and, well... they used to be pad-warriors, but they actually went out and bought sticks specifically for this game, if that's any indication as to how the controls work <_<

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
>_>

I can see Rachel having a decent match-up against Arakune. Pumpkins are amazing.

But those other characters that don't have a projectile game...

*hugs his Ragna close.*

...are in for a world of ****ing hurt. I have to practically eat a Crimson Drive just to get in and combo the slippery little mother****er. Or, if I'm lucky, the person controlling Arakune doesn't zone/space properly and I can catch him on the rare whiff (*gasp!*).

qcbA (I think that's the notation) is my friend.

Smooth Criminal

DFEAR

Smash Hero
rachel vs arakune is in rachel's favor for sure. its not the pumpkin its her playstyle. u can outzone arakune very easily before an arakune player can get that curse in. but of course once that curse is in put, prepare for 55%+ of ur health to be gone from a simple 6c loop strand. sighs arakune so straightforward lol (almost broke finger tendons learning negative releases)

btw when arakune does his J236D and then teleports u can wind him back to his original position, very funny.

ways to counter this strategy for the arakune player is to either buffer the J.2A during teleport or J.2C to counter the wind and give urself a nice momentum boost then u can rapid cancel or buffer an overhead 6A>5D>214B>C+B bug> 6c Loop for awesome red dmg :3 or a low 2a>5b>5d (hold c)>c release>j.2a>j.2b>b bug>6c loop whichever u prefer really

for the rachel player punish appropriately with ur 236's and send george whenever arakune curse clouds, and then commence ur awesome zoning while we do our awesome air mindgames lol

btw fork is broken, cat chair has priority over sharks, cat uppercut also has priority, gii's j.2a is beast.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
but of course once that curse is in put, prepare for 55%+ of ur health to be gone from a simple 6c loop strand. sighs arakune so straightforward lol (almost broke finger tendons learning negative releases)
I wanted to quote this and reinforce the fact that I hate Arakune. More particularly, a good Arakune. lmao

Why do I main Sol Badguy (Ragna)? Makes me wonder sometimes.

Smooth Criminal

DFEAR

Smash Hero
^sol badguy is beast. all of accent core characters are beast man! dont underestimate normals or the character tier.

btw arakune is nothing without curses but lucky for him ANY attack he does sets up into curse lol just be careful when hes approaching jellyfish style or when he is simply waiting like a hakumen player lol

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
LMAO

The Hakumen comment was win and so ****ing true. They just wait and wait and wait and BAMOSHIYOUJUSTGOTWRECKED! I faced this one dude that totally ***** me with a combo that, I kid you not, ended in repeated j.C(I think that's the aerial where he just pushes his sword at you). Took almost half my life away. Got it off on me right as I whiffed Inferno Divider. -_-

Naw, man. I don't care about Ragna's tier placement, in all honesty. I enjoy his playstyle. It was really a rhetorical question more than anything. I was a Sol main for GG. Loved him to bits.

I'll definitely remember that tip about Arakune, tho'.

Smooth Criminal

DFEAR

Smash Hero
one of my crew mates plays hakumen so yea i just wait till he approaches me first then commence curse>c looping lol, another plays rachel i never understood formal zoning until i played against her, and the other plays ragna and i have never heard so many quarter circle combos ever xD.

btw U MUST GOTO WILLVOLUTION THEN FLORIDA GAMING FOR BOTH SMASH AND BLAZBLUE I EXPECT U THAR!

tip against arakune:

seriously dont approach unless u have to. air mobility is good but beware of his tongue (anti-air) it leads straight into a j.6a>j.b>j.c>j.2d so its a free curse and if the arakune player knows what hes doing against that certain character he furthers the combo by adding a C bug/4A bug or 2B bug and then commence 6c loop O_< its quite bothersome.

hakumen can handle arakune really well since most of his normals can kill the clouds but lucky arakune can bait the cloud into a bell bug curse or 2d curse w.e floats the boat ya know.

dont fall for baits. if u see a homing cloud just hop over it asap and expect a counter (block o.o but i doubt an arakune is that aggressive to attack u mid-air) to that jump or get pressured with an assisted bell bug(just kill it lol) blocking air mobility. and watch the cloud that comes out of arakune, u can tell what strategy he will use by the said cloud.

but ur rachel. just wind and u win :3 ur that awesome lol

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, I've gotten used to the Rachel Arakune matchup, and I agree that it's in her favor.
Like you stated, moves like 2C, 6A, and 6B are really useful.

*Sigh* I'm thinking about going back to Guilty Gear one of these days. BB is fun, but I miss
Dizzy
GG as well.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
willvolution is august 1st

florida gaming is august 8th

u must make time for eeeet

Top Bottom