• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

Superstar

Smash Champion
Eh, I live in Miami, if any of those locations are close. West Palm Beach, I hear that location mentioned a lot. Too bad even 1 hour is too much travel time for a "game". Weston is too far.

I always mained Ky in Guilty Gear, but I'm liking Order Sol a lot more now if that's any indication. I won't get either a PS3 or a 360 for a long while I imagine so I need to entertain myself with that.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
u wont care about distance when money is involved and u love enjoy playing the game and the community is always beast. longest drive for me was 8hrs :\ never again unless its a plane ticket lol.

u should come to zp at least. weston is like 30min from miami and zp is like 10min from weston o.o

Superstar

Smash Champion
Its not the drive, its my parents. I can't drive, and they wouldn't drive me that far for a videogame. I live in South Miami though, so Weston is really 1 hour.

I've just gotten used to it and relied on online play for almost everything.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
So, could someone tell me what makes this game so great? I'm considering getting it...

Superstar

Smash Champion
^ THIS

If its anything like Guilty Gear, its good because:
1) The pace. Its a fast paced fighter geared for offense, combos, etc etc.
2) The learning curve. Takes a long while to learn, although I hear Blazblue is a little easier for beginners. In Guilty Gear it was brutal.
3) The music. Metal/Rock instrumentals.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, the learning curve is much much easier than Guilty Gear.
I was even playing Guilty Gear earlier today. Much harder to pull off stuff since timing is so strict.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
no since daisuke did say that in an interview, he wanted it to be more accessible. minato and i were there. also this was in arcade for about a year then it was ported to console. he did mention that making it online with the least lag possible was the hardest task. since he knew american players and japanese players wanted to play each other.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
if anything the learning curve is just as hard. play litchi/carl
hard as **** to learn seriously (correctly)

everyone else is alright to start out with but when it comes to later levels it becomes just as difficult.

its like melee and brawl. they have their own ways of difficulties.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
no since daisuke did say that in an interview, he wanted it to be more accessible. minato and i were there.
Yup yup. :)
if anything the learning curve is just as hard. play litchi/carl
hard as **** to learn seriously (correctly)

everyone else is alright to start out with but when it comes to later levels it becomes just as difficult.

its like melee and brawl. they have their own ways of difficulties.
Yeah, Litchi and Carl seem really hard to play. I've tried Carl for a little while in training mode. It was too tough so I gave up.
I'll just stick with Rachel. Although I do need a good secondary, my Taokaka's really bad compared to my Rachel now. :laugh:

I found GG harder at the start because of FRC, Impossible Dust, Slash Back, Jump Install, and the like.
BB's hard too in a way. Maybe I found BB easy since I clicked with Rachel from the start?
Either way, I still find BB more accessible.

I love both games though.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
true about the GG part. but the game is still brand new :3 lots of updating is yet to be unveiled :3 its still a baby :3

moar walrus faces! >:3

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'm glad they changed some things from GG. Maybe it's just me, but I felt that FRC was not only absurd in it's timing requirements, but also in concept as well.

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
The biggest thing is that BB is much easier to play SOMEWHAT well than GG was. GG required tons of practice to become even mediocre at the game; I'd say it was probably 4-5 months before my friends and I were considered decent by one of the local pros, and I play *Ky* then (widely considered the easiest character to play, for those not in the know). In BB, well... I already know how to do absolutely everything as Rachel, and I just have to work on applying it, which I'm assuming would stick me in the "decent" bracket for BB. Not to mention there are just fewer characters, fewer buttons, fewer specials...

FRCs were kind of silly, yeah, especially in ^core. Basically, at that point, something had to give you half of an opponent's life bar to be worth spending 50% tension on, so you never saw people doing regular Roman Cancels and very rarely saw a super. Especially as Ky o_O You literally couldn't spend tension on anything but Lightning Sphere and Stun Edge FRCs (okay, maybe the occasional Stun Raising) if you wanted to have a shot at winning the match. Maybe that's why I like playing Rachel; her super just hauls so much *** ^_^

Minato

穏やかじゃない
FRCs were hard in GG. The frame window for certain moves were insane.
Weren't there 1 frame ones?

Dreadlord Santa, do you have BB for PS3? I'll Rachel ditto you.
I suck at Rachel dittos though. XD

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
yea, i will have to agree that this game is alot easier to pick up than guilty gear. i can actually get wins in this game....lol.

Superstar

Smash Champion
no since daisuke did say that in an interview, he wanted it to be more accessible. minato and i were there. also this was in arcade for about a year then it was ported to console. he did mention that making it online with the least lag possible was the hardest task. since he knew american players and japanese players wanted to play each other.
So, you're saying online had absolutely NOTHING to do with it? You said "no".

I said both ease of access AND online. I knew about the ease of access thing, hell I even read the interview. I just forgot to mention it the first time, then I said both.

It was in arcades for a year but console was in mind when they made the game in the first place. Also, slow vs technical just means the size of the window of opportunity. If they just increase the Window of opportunity for some stuff its less technical, but if they improve defensive stuff, lower movement speed and move execution speed that's a slowdown.

Roman Cancelling Ky's Grab was very useful in AC I think. Lets you lead to the regular loop combo.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't agree with you about the whole online thing.
Daisuke made the game more accessible due to various things.
One of them is removing Slash Backs, another is slowing down the game, removing FRCs, and giving BB a four button layout. (You already know this, but I'm just restating this for other people who haven't played GG, so don't fret)

I just don't think that the developers felt the need to make the game "easy" because of online. For a fighting game community, one of the last things they think of is how smooth it will be online. They're catering to the arcade players first.

Then again, what you're saying could be right. There's no proof on which is correct, so there's no need to discuss this really.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Still, they made a pretty large mention of the difficulty of reliable online in the interview, so I felt that could be one of the reasons, despite a backseat one. Thanks for the list of changes though, I only knew of the 4 button layout as opposed to the 5 button one.

Wish they didn't slow it down though, hopefully it wasn't by much =/.

LOL Dreadz.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
^ no lol'z he is legit. dont mess.

hype for florida gaming and willvolution btw.

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
Superstar: Ky's grab combos came off an FRC, not a regular RC, ever since slash ^_^ And, yeah, they're generally better in ^core, since you'll gain almost all the tension you spent on the FRC doing the LJ loop. 'course, then you need to be ABLE to do all the character-specific LJ loops anyway... which I never really got around to learning. Point is, Ky has so very many options for shenanigans off of 25% tension moves, there's no real reason to ever spend 50% on some shenanigans.

And, yeah, Minato, I've got the PS3 version of the game, much to my friends' chagrin. If I ever get around to hooking it up to the internet, we can definitely do some Rachel dittos ^_^ Dunno how well I'll do against an actually decent player, but I'll never win any tourneys if I don't know how to deal with opponents, who, say... block attacks.

Since I've advanced so far beyond my friends, I've been trying to pick up Jin. Jin's 5CC... is a total pain for me, addicted to button drumming as I am, but he's kind of interesting. He's not as similar to Ky as you'd think just looking at him, or some of his attacks. I tried Noel for awhile, but I couldn't stand the way her combos worked v_v

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Starting to get some wins online, really fun.

I use Arakune and a little bit of Ragna.

PSN: rpgfighter if you want a match.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Superstar: Ky's grab combos came off an FRC, not a regular RC, ever since slash ^_^.
WAIT WAIT really? Everytime I did the grab to Loop combo it was always an RC, not a FRC. Probably I just didn't know about the FRC timing and did it as an RC.

Least I'm learning a few FRC shenanigans for Order Sol.

Also, since I didn't know which system I'll get [since both look great as a secondary system], I flipped a coin and it came 360. XD So I guess I'll get that...once I get the cash. =/

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Nevermind the eBay, lol. I just got the last BlazBlue copy at Gamecrazy.

So awesome. It's for 360, but if I get a PS3, I'll get it for that too, lol.

My XBL is Siegfried999 for any who want to add me.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Cool. I can't register on Dustloop for some bull**** reason that has to do with my IP so maybe I'll check this one out.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
that noel got 1st at that tourney didnt he?

which makes me angry that mike z got 13th :\

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
that noel got 1st at that tourney didnt he?

which makes me angry that mike z got 13th :\
yup

HeartNana's team won the tournament... well single handedly against the other team...
yup, Heart nana ripped through many people i heard. supposdly they later played afterwards and mike Z got trashed, but thats just what i heard, dont know how true it is.

Top Bottom