• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread: all the imports!

DFEAR

Smash Hero
They put Accent core+ out for the wii recentley.
too bad its played with nintendo products xD. nintendo aint made for fighters. just look at the smash series O_<. dont get me wrong, they are FUN as hell =3

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Can anyone recommend me a good arcade stick?

I know that Hori is pretty awesome, but it's expensive. If there's anything as good or similar but cheaper, I'd like to hear about it.

Otherwise, I can get the EX/EX-SE, I don't mind, but spending less is always good.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
hori is the cheapest sorry. anything below that is literally utter trash. if i were u id get a tourny edition for 150$

spending less on sticks isnt a good idea. u will get lower quality parts, slower and inflexible materials. its just frustrating in the end.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Can anyone recommend me a good arcade stick?

I know that Hori is pretty awesome, but it's expensive. If there's anything as good or similar but cheaper, I'd like to hear about it.

Otherwise, I can get the EX/EX-SE, I don't mind, but spending less is always good.
hori may be cheap, but parts aren't great. you can wait for the EX-SA or EX-SE versions, but they're not coming for awhile

you can always try to consult a person who makes sticks but they will always come out pricey. I'm currently in the process of finishing up modding a stick with sanwa parts and 360 usable. but right now 2 people are interested in buying my stick. if you are interested in buying mines, let me know

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Actually what im going to do is Buy a Xbox 360 SE Edition Stick which will cost me like 77-80 $$ then im going to Dual modded which will be 35$ im going to customize the stick with a Seimetsu JLF L32-1 ?? which is like 25$ and get Sanwa or seimetsu Buttons which will be another 24$ ... and there i have a quality stick xD

soooooo 80$ + 35$+25$+24$= 164$ but it works for PS3/360

but this is what im doing xD

nevershootme

Smash Master
Anyone care to explain EX-SE vs EX-SA vs TE?

I'm goin' out soon and I need a quick answer to make me feel satisfied, lol. Any recommendations as well?
EX-SE = Seimitsu parts made by Hori (Japan only atm, soon to america)
EX-SA = Sanwa parts made by Hori (Japan only atm, soon to america)
TE = Sanwa parts made by madcatz (Limited supply depending on system)

Chaos Knight: make sure to read up guides regarding fitting the seimitsu stick on the SE. one button near the mounting plate may require grinding if using seimitsu. if you haven't read this guide here...

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=184787

RoK_the_Reaper

Smash Rookie
Add me, I'm probably one of the Best Ragna's on XBL at the moment, seriously.

Gamertag = RoK the Reaper

I got a Street Fighter IV TE Arcade stick about 4 days ago, and right now I'm still trying to break it in, so I'll be playing on controller until I can fuggin', get that done and over with; but the Arcade stick is too good.

Dreadlord Santa

Smash Journeyman
or you could help him get better, 5C or 214D shuts ice car down, 214D will more than likely trade most of the time, but still, a trade is in V-13's favor, since she can go straight into her D combo.
Cool, I'll tell him to try that. I haven't played Nu at all, so I don't really know anything aside from the fragments of the strategy from the CE blu-ray that I saw while I was showing it to him <_< 'cause, you know, it shouldn't be necessary for me to know his character better than he does for him to be halfway decent.

Edit: Err, can you actually get 214D off before the icecar will hit on reaction? It seems like a pretty slow move...

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
too bad its played with nintendo products xD. nintendo aint made for fighters. just look at the smash series O_<. dont get me wrong, they are FUN as hell =3
Gamecube controller works fine for competitive fighters, and you can buy stick converters. They just need BlazBlue for the wii.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
My girlfriend got this game today. It took me all of two seconds to figure out that Nu was my best bet as far as characters. She's fast, powerful, completely ****ing broken...I love her. <3

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I'm actually not sure I want to play this game if people are going to insult me for choosing my favorite character. In the past twenty-four hours, I've had at least fifteen people or so tell me "oh, so you're playing the skill-less god character, what a worthless scrub you are" or something to that equivalent. I have an extremely low tolerance for that sort of thing, and seeing the way people act about Soulcalibur IV just made me even rawer about it.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I guess some people can't learn how to deal with V-13. Me, I believe playing Nu with requires patience, and the right moment to strike. Seeing that she's placing high in the tier list is another reason why she is disliked by many.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Lemme ask a question. Do you have it for PS3 or 360?

Lol. Plus, if you hear complaining, it's always a good idea to turn the sound off. I did that to a Ragna :x

and Viper's right, lol. "Marth is gay"

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually not sure I want to play this game if people are going to insult me for choosing my favorite character. In the past twenty-four hours, I've had at least fifteen people or so tell me "oh, so you're playing the skill-less god character, what a worthless scrub you are" or something to that equivalent. I have an extremely low tolerance for that sort of thing, and seeing the way people act about Soulcalibur IV just made me even rawer about it.
yea ive gotten quite alot of hate mail myself....oh well, too bad for them, my friend told me i would like her play style so i picked her, not my fault she is top tier, lol. shes in the game, deal with it.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
It's the same as playing MK. People are always going to whine and complain about it. If Nu is your fave, then stick with her. It is true that a ton of Nu players will spam their drive the entire match. As long as your A, B, and C buttons aren't getting dusty, then who cares?

And ultimately, who cares what other people think? Might I add, other people that you will probably never meet. On the internet. :ohwell:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I've face a few V-13s online. Most of them didn't know what they were doing.
One of them was pretty good, but once I got in, he wasn't able to do anything since I spaced him right and comboed.
The other one was way too good. I couldn't even touch him. If I did, he'd burst.

She's a good character, but people should just deal with it that she's in the game. I'd rather fight good V-13's rather than some newb spammy Jin.

I still don't know how I can approach with Rachel considering how laggy and punishable some of her moves are.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
I've face a few V-13s online. Most of them didn't know what they were doing.
One of them was pretty good, but once I got in, he wasn't able to do anything since I spaced him right and comboed.
The other one was way too good. I couldn't even touch him. If I did, he'd burst.

She's a good character, but people should just deal with it that she's in the game. I'd rather fight good V-13's rather than some newb spammy Jin.

I still don't know how I can approach with Rachel considering how laggy and punishable some of her moves are.
rachel has best approach in the game tho.

pumpkin and frog allow for her approach. aswell as most normals combined with wind.

all u need is 1 J.2C and let the endless blockstring begin. 100% guard break

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
yea ive gotten quite alot of hate mail myself....oh well, too bad for them, my friend told me i would like her play style so i picked her, not my fault she is top tier, lol. shes in the game, deal with it.
What gets me is that she's a character with very clear weaknesses.
It's the same as playing MK. People are always going to whine and complain about it. If Nu is your fave, then stick with her. It is true that a ton of Nu players will spam their drive the entire match. As long as your A, B, and C buttons aren't getting dusty, then who cares?

And ultimately, who cares what other people think? Might I add, other people that you will probably never meet. On the internet. :ohwell:
It probably doesn't help that I main a top tier dark-skinned female in every game I play. I use Sheik in Melee, Vanessa Lewis in Virtua Fighter 5, and a pallet for Nu that gives her dark skin and silver hair a la Vanessa Lewis in Virtua Fighter 5.

I appreciate the advice, everyone, and I intend on improving. Right now, I need to learn how to land Nu's air combo after a launch from any position on any character.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
rachel has best approach in the game tho.

pumpkin and frog allow for her approach. aswell as most normals combined with wind.

all u need is 1 J.2C and let the endless blockstring begin. 100% guard break
Yeah, her approaches are REALLY nice. I just didn't know what to do against that V-13 player.
Everything I did seemed to get punished. By the time I get a pumpkin out, I'm in a combo. Kinda sucked.

Never had a problem with any other V-13s though. Just that one.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
This game is extremely balanced in if the player's better, they'll more than likely win.

Take Carl for instance. He has the most ridiculous loops and pseudo infinites I've ever seen. Only 3 characters are safe from them, barrier bursting rarely helps, and they all last till death if you do them correctly. Broken right? Well, Carl also has THE WORST health in the game, no defensive game to speak of, does astoundingly pathetic damage alone (without Nirvana) and has the highest learning curve in the game, even if you're learning him specifically for the loops.

Nu also has her weaknesses. She also has rather terrible stamina even though she rarely needs to get close. If you get past her brickwall consistently, you pretty much win even though that's easier said than done. I only ever lose to good players, not the spammers or scrubs; and to that, I never mind.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
This game is extremely balanced in if the player's better, they'll more than likely win.

Take Carl for instance. He has the most ridiculous loops and pseudo infinites I've ever seen. Only 3 characters are safe from them, barrier bursting rarely helps, and they all last till death if you do them correctly. Broken right? Well, Carl also has THE WORST health in the game, no defensive game to speak of, does astoundingly pathetic damage alone (without Nirvana) and has the highest learning curve in the game, even if you're learning him specifically for the loops.

Nu also has her weaknesses. She also has rather terrible stamina even though she rarely needs to get close. If you get past her brickwall consistently, you pretty much win even though that's easier said than done. I only ever lose to good players, not the spammers or scrubs; and to that, I never mind.
this game is not balanced.

S

smash brawl player 99021

It's amazing. Much better than SF4. Graphics are sexy hot and music is worth banging.

Top Bottom