• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BlazBlue Thread. V-13 hates you! Edit: Now with gamertags! <3 See first post.

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
I went to my second tourney today(It was a PS3 tourney thank you) and I placed second.
Can't believe I'm already placing.
I beat the best Arakune and Ragna in the state, but lost in a Nu ditto.
Arakune gets destroyed Nu-13 pretty badly. Its pretty sad. All the C-loops in the world can't help that guy out in that match up.
Arakune: *Actually gets a curse on V-13* Alright, now to do stuff. *Gets hit with a single sword* MOTHERFU-

DFEAR

Smash Hero
cuz it is xD? the gradient colors are the alternate costumes i use him with : >

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
DFEAR, we should play again sometime. It's been awhile, and same goes to you Shady Penguin. I'd like Arakune practice. A lot of you dudes seem pretty dope too. Wish Florida wasn't so far away, haha.

GA Peach. I don't know you, but I know Nite does, XD. You gonna' be at TO5? If so, wanna' possibly get some BB in if I bring a set-up?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
next time im at panda's house which will be tomorrow. ill see if ur online and send ya a message :p

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
I went to my second tourney today(It was a PS3 tourney thank you) and I placed second.
Can't believe I'm already placing.
I beat the best Arakune and Ragna in the state, but lost in a Nu ditto.
Arakune gets destroyed Nu-13 pretty badly. Its pretty sad. All the C-loops in the world can't help that guy out in that match up.
in which state FL or MD?

AfroQT

Smash Master
I'd seriously play Blazblue if guilty gear just wasnt so much more fun.

Theres not even a huge scene for it in SFL, theres a way bigger scene for sf4. Makes it hard to get into it.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I really hope that this is a joke.

You can't be... that ignorant.
Its a joke.
I tried my best to imply sarcasm...

in which state FL or MD?
It was a FL tourney

I'd seriously play Blazblue if guilty gear just wasnt so much more fun.

Theres not even a huge scene for it in SFL, theres a way bigger scene for sf4. Makes it hard to get into it.
Sadly enough. The BlazBlue community is much bigger than the FL Guilty Gear community ever was. Although I do have to agree Guilty Gear was a lot more harder to learn and more fun.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Its a joke.
I tried my best to imply sarcasm...

It was a FL tourney

Sadly enough. The BlazBlue community is much bigger than the FL Guilty Gear community ever was. Although I do have to agree Guilty Gear was a lot more harder to learn and more fun.
and who is the best arakune and ragna in FL?

Laijin

Smash Hero
and who is the best arakune and ragna in FL?
To my knowledge.
Senkei(Arakune) and Casanova(Ragna).
This is what I've heard and seen from tourney results. Both of them placed at both tournies I went to and I've heard from other people they are just as consistent at other tournies as well. So I made natural assumptions. If somehow I'm wrong and their not the best as their respective characters, then their definantly up there.

I would also like to say Heidern is probably the best Jin player in FL as well. But I'm not too sure about that. He is ranked 2nd on the PSN rankings as Jin though ;o

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
To my knowledge.
Senkei(Arakune) and Casanova(Ragna).
This is what I've heard and seen from tourney results. Both of them placed at both tournies I went to and I've heard from other people they are just as consistent at other tournies as well. So I made natural assumptions. If somehow I'm wrong and their not the best as their respective characters, then their definantly up there.

I would also like to say Heidern is probably the best Jin player in FL as well. But I'm not too sure about that. He is ranked 2nd on the PSN rankings as Jin though ;o
yea senkei is good. dont kno about the other guy tho but im sure he is good.

online rankings dont mean **** since it goes by how many matches won not win/loss ratio so he could have won 1000 matches and lost 1000 and be #2 but i havent seen his jin so no hate i hope he is as good as u say he is. since we both play vega and jin :p

ima start gettin back into tourneys when i move to gainesville on sunday so ill be playin u soon and u can see my jin. my jins pretty solid. u can ask dfear and other s.FL ppl

but yea i wouldnt go on and say so and so is best character in FL till the game had its chance to blossum like SF4 since its only been out since july?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Your right. I should probably wait and see how the tourney scene devolops.
Hotnix has a sick Nu btw.
Besides the players I mentioned above, I have not really seen anyone else place as well personally. I've seen some sick Bang and Hakumen players. But against Nu and Arakune, those characters just don't stand a chance. Its pretty sad. :[

Can't wait to go to a super huge tournament where EVERYONE in the state comes. That should give me a better idea of where everyone is.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Your right. I should probably wait and see how the tourney scene devolops.
Hotnix has a sick Nu btw.
Besides the players I mentioned above, I have not really seen anyone else place as well personally. I've seen some sick Bang and Hakumen players. But against Nu and Arakune, those characters just don't stand a chance. Its pretty sad. :[

Can't wait to go to a super huge tournament where EVERYONE in the state comes. That should give me a better idea of where everyone is.
exactly. thats when ima start goin to tourneys again. probly gonna be at the next FL gaming.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
**** man...wish I could come down to FL for a huge tourney. Kind of a long trip though, maybe? Whenever the next big one is, I'll try and see about making it.

Laijin

Smash Hero
What tournaments are you going to Laijin?
Thats what I'm trying to figure out.
When is the next one? lol. Theres one in Miami, but thats like a 4 hour drive for me and the attendance just is not worth the drive. So I am waiting for the next one. lol.

If you see me around Dustloop though. I'm Zeit Kuppler on there and thats what I enter as in tournies(Thats what the community there knows me as. Or they just call me by my name. lol)

DC

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure they're trying to do one every month... but school is starting so idk.

Laijin

Smash Hero
lol school. just have tournies on weekends like usual. Friday is always a terrible date for tournies(as any other week day). I wish people would realize that.

PS3 DLC colors have come out to do. Their really making bank off those colors. lol.

DC

Smash Cadet
Yeah well regardless, attendance at all tournies will be dropping due to school.

DC

Smash Cadet
Yeah well I go to class 2-3 days a week and with studying, homework and extracurricular I may not have free time. IMO my future and education is more important than video game tournaments, and I'm sure there's many other people who think that way.

Not trying to start an argument tho, just throwin out the other side of things.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I'm fully aware that school should always take priority over tournaments(and mostly everything else in your life).
But yea. From my experience, school does not really stop a lot of people from still attending tournies because most tourney players are either in high school or do not go to school. The college kids don't seem to be the majority at all.

Luisthepanda

Smash Rookie
Thats what I'm trying to figure out.
When is the next one? lol. Theres one in Miami, but thats like a 4 hour drive for me and the attendance just is not worth the drive. So I am waiting for the next one. lol.

If you see me around Dustloop though. I'm Zeit Kuppler on there and thats what I enter as in tournies(Thats what the community there knows me as. Or they just call me by my name. lol)
Well the ones you were talking about, which were those?

Laijin

Smash Hero
I went to Florida Gaming(Which was a pretty ****ty tournament since they made Xbox the priority, and apparently most people play on PS3. makes perfect sense right?).
I also went to Project Storm 2 in daytona. Which was a pretty cool tournament up until the finals(losers,winners, finals). They changed the rules to 3 rounds 3 out of 5. That made every set I played last like 30 minutes.

I wish someone would host a normal, good tournament. Florida Gaming sucks and Project Storm had bull**** rules.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
From king of fighters?
lol, i was thinking the EXACT same thing. i hope you come to TO5, Nes Nub. :)

GA Peach. I don't know you, but I know Nite does, XD. You gonna' be at TO5? If so, wanna' possibly get some BB in if I bring a set-up?
sorry for taking so long to get back to you, Fizz, but i got banned... <_<
lol, anyway, yeah i'm always down to play some matches. i will be at TO5, so we can play there. also, if you still play SF4, we should play some of that, too.

tubes

Smash Ace
So I got GGXX#reloaded earlier this week. I pretty much suck but I still managed to find people my skill level to play against sometimes. I really don't think the game's nearly as hard to learn as everyone says it is and I think with a little work I could get not complete trash in this game in about a month. Problem is guides for GGXX are pretty much nonexistent nowadays so unless I find a really good slayer online and save a replay of him comboing the **** out of me I will forever be stuck with my one combo off of Slayer's kick you into da air move and bite-loops. Bite-loops are ridiculous by the way. Accent core needs online play.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
design-wise, i see no characters outside of Ragna, Litchi, and Bang.
gender-wise, there are no females outside of Litchi.

but seriously, i don't like Nu's design. it's like she's trying to be KOS-MOS, but she's just not cool enough to pull it off.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
...Maple Story?

Ragna is cool, but I also liked him when he was called Sol Badguy.

Top Bottom