• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Boot Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caturdayz

Smash Journeyman
Caturdayz, I'm not trying to start anything here, but be a little fair man. I was just looking at the locked "belief" thread, and you said it was the "sadest" attempt at starting a debate ever.

We all do it, jeez.
Well a typo of one letter is a far cry different from outright ignoring the rules of grammar.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I can see several grammatical errors in that very post...
Your right, it probably does but it also shows that I can improve. That post is much more grammatically correct then many of my other posts, and I will continue to post like that in hopes of staying an active member in the debate hall.

You are purposely trying to find anything you can to bring me down, and it’s very petty. Your posts may have better grammar but they are also very arrogant and they show you have a very closed mind, what’s the good of having someone who has a closed mind, and is not willing to accept when they are wrong in the debate hall? All you do is blare opinions and try to justify them, and you do so very poorly.

I on the other hand accept that my English is not very productive, and can be poor at times, but I am also able to change, as it should be obvious to anyone reading my posts in this thread. My mind is open, and I wish to learn the opinions of others in contrast to mine, this is something you obviously are incapable of, at least for the time being.

D

Deleted member

It is getting a little petty and frankly a little sadistic.

Sirhc, if it were up to me, you'd have to:

a) Never have your / you're discrepancies

b) Stay on topic

c) Don't end every post with an emoticon

d) This isn't MSN

Other than that I welcome the activity. Just adhere to that from now on, in my opinion. Seeing as how you think of your English as not very productive, I would love to see you become more eloquent offline and online because of your activity here. This place can help. Just try harder.

Also:

Caturdayz, I suggest you stay out of this thread until you are more respected within the Hall. A couple days ago I had the mind to mention your name in this thread, but I didn't.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
It is getting a little petty and frankly a little sadistic.

Sirhc, if it were up to me, you'd have to:

a) Never have your / you're discrepancies

b) Stay on topic

c) Don't end every post with an emoticon

d) This isn't MSN

Other than that I welcome the activity. Just adhere to that from now on, in my opinion. Seeing as how you think of your English as not very productive, I would love to see you become more eloquent offline and online because of your activity here. This place can help. Just try harder.

Also:

Caturdayz, I suggest you stay out of this thread until you are more respected within the Hall. A couple days ago I had the mind to mention your name in this thread, but I didn't.
Thank you, and I fully intend to try hard at learning and following rules/regulations such as the ones you put forward. I must ask though what exactly do you mean by the first improvement, and if the second one really applies to me, I normally do stay on topic.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Sirhc,

he is saying you need to pay more attention to the difference and usages of the words "your", implying ownership, and "you're", meaning you are.

It's a common issue, much like "its", which shows ownership, and "it's" which means "it is".

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, I am satisfied. Sirhc is off the hook and pretty much untouchable in this topic for 1 month. Of course, that's a vague and pointless term because I really won't keep track of it.

Caturdayz

Smash Journeyman
Back off.

What have I done that is ban worthy?

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Guys you're going to get the thread closed. Take personal stuff via PM or IM.

And thank you Crimson King, for not booting me from the Debate Hall.
Trust me when I tell you this, thank yourself.

Our beloved moderator has a very short attention span<_<.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think we're fine as it is. However, responses to that stupid "How can anyone believe in God" thread should cease. It's a very inane discussion. It's been overstated as to why he doesn't exist. Contributers are making it a "should abortion be legal or not" thread(Metaphorically speaking), and we know that's a never ending story.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I could just remove everyone, and you all prove yourselves again. How about that?

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Laijin..the person posts a sex story with no debate, and it's completely disgustung and innappropriate.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Blazed wins the award for "Most willing to accept when he's made a mistake". He should get a Get Out of Jail Free card in case he does something stupid in the future. :p

D

Deleted member

I nominate Unusual_Rex.

@OP

Haven't read through all the pages, but from what I've heard, it doesn't make a sound, it only make a sound when we hear it. It make the vibrations, or some sorta stuff, but until we hear it,it doesn't make a sound.

It was something like that atleast.

^ in the "tree making a sound if no one is around" thread.

We need SOME quality control, CK.

Not to mention his Moon Landing = Hoax thread.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Go read the "How can anyone believe in god" thread from the past day or two. JohnTheGalactic is just an ignorant troll at best, who goes around bible thumping. He has not presented any kind of logical debate in the vaguest sense. He has neglected my plea for intellectual honesty and continues to blather on about subjects he has no knowledge of.

D

Deleted member

He feels fine in other threads. Like CK said, he's just very naive in general towards religion.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I think we need to really set a criteria for this topic. I have spoken to John and he feels a bit taken aback by these allegations and will take a step forward.

Personally, yeah, there are a few members I disagree with thoroughly and I do not think they are good posters, BUT that is not enough to boot him. Any suggestions for a criteria?

Vro

Smash Lord
A scoring system perhaps? Should they fall below the criteria in point value, they can be up for evaluation? Maybe a 5 pt scale in the categories of:

Conveyance: How well they put across their message. This may also include grammar, format, and word choice.
Logic: Validity of their argument. Is it blatant opinion or supported with facts? Do their ideas contradict?
Debate: Do they take into consideration others' posts? Are they dispassionate to the argument?

I can't think of any others.. but I'm sure the above can spark some ideas.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
The above seems like an idea that could be worked with, but I would also throw in a "Emotional/flame" kinda category, based on the person's ability to remain their cool in a debate, without having to throw in insults and the like.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Why not just have a 3 strikes policy in that thread and any other religious thread? If they get out of control, verbal warning, 2nd time, either CK or I give out a warning. Third time it's a boot from the DH? We can't have something too complicated.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I think Snex should be Pm'd about, how he thinks he runs debate's. I asked for Alt's opinion and he jumps all over me.

I thank Variola for being courteous.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
snex has LONG since proved himself as being knowledgeable and pretty respectable overall.

As for changing any DH admission policy, that means I'd have to remove everyone and start all over, which I don't want to do.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I see that he is knowledgeable now, methods struck me as being mean. I apologize for this.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
snex has LONG since proved himself as being knowledgeable and pretty respectable overall.

As for changing any DH admission policy, that means I'd have to remove everyone and start all over, which I don't want to do.
I'm not quite sure if you'd have to remove everyone and start over, but perhaps maybe just change it for now so that we have appropriate debaters flowing into the hall.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
We have a plan on weeding out the ones that aren't up to where they should be, we can't say right now, but it should be known by tomorrow.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I know I'm a little new here but I honestly believe Princess Peach 777 should be booted. As biased as this might sound, I think that her being a girl ( I am not sexist) and a Peach player that she only joined for the pink name status. I looked at her some of her posts a while back and not one of them has to do with the Debate Hall and shes been a Debater for about 4 or so months. I dont think shes ever even posted in this Forum. Also seeing a lot of her posts and getting to know her in the Peach Forum, she posts very unintelligently and really really believe she doesnt deserve to be a Debater.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Agr eed.

LJ, if you aren't busy Sunday. I think we should purge the DH of all members who haven't posted within a month. If interested, hit me on AIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom