• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

gantrain05

Smash Master
actually if u can't bonewalk w/out changing to B-stick i wouldn't recommend it against marth, you NEED your arial spacing, and honestly w/out the Cstick u can't properly perform retreating arials.

marth is more of a be super patient and punish what you can. pick your shots and gimp him whenever possible, if they know the MU its going to be frustrating no matter what.

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
Google it, with safe search off. Your eyes will be pleased. :3
I don't get it... xD
"Talented" scantily clad anime style girls? I see enough of that in regular anime and manga. I've sorta become desensitized to it. lol

Also, ground float nairs... I always did kinda the opposite. I would jump and nair instead of doing what I wanted. Got it down now.

On a side note, does anyone else like to form a bair wall of sorts when going against particularly campy and spammy wifi olimars? It destroys all the pikmin olimar throws, and it usually results in them getting impatient and dashing in, only to get baired. I suck against those kinds of olimars, but at least peach's butt gets a nice work out.

Yay, finally DADT has been repealed. How wonderful.

Lol, my posts always seem so long in comparison to everyone else's posts. Maybe if I came around when more people were on I wouldn't have to edit the crap out of my post when I think of something else.

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
Too bad I was already discharged from the NAVY because of DADT -_-...
Oh... that's unfortunate...What does that mean for you now? Can you rejoin if you wish?

edit: I see where you're coming from. It makes sense that you wouldn't wanna join again (if given the option) after being discharged for the reason you were.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
i'm just going to assume in these boards if you don't announce you are straight you are gay.

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
Well, according to the poll there's only one straight person here. One who shall soon be silenced.
It's kinda like we have our own DADT here. Anyone that admits to not being gay is banished from the poll results. D:

Hist

Smash Cadet
Peach mains : I'm requesting some help with the match up, Ike vs. Peach.
Besides P.Shielding Forward air, how can peach out right dominate Ike without any variables in-between. Requesting discussion for a certain straight peach on these boards. (that should narrow it down to a handful)

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Peach mains : I'm requesting some help with the match up, Ike vs. Peach.
Besides P.Shielding Forward air, how can peach out right dominate Ike without any variables in-between. Requesting discussion for a certain straight peach on these boards. (that should narrow it down to a handful)
You can just ask me in person, you know.

z00ted

if Peach plays correctly it's hard for ike to win.

her out of shield game, ledge game, and turnip camping can make it terrible for Ike.

Hist

Smash Cadet
As of late i've been approaching alot more with dash attack and F-air, If i spaced them correctly can peach still juggle me. I've been trying different DI methods and had one thing happen where i got back on the floor during the 3 D-air at 0% combo and was able to power shield-> shield the last 2 D-airs not sure if it's something i can do consistently but worth a look at.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
if Peach plays correctly it's hard for ike to win.

her out of shield game, ledge game, and turnip camping can make it terrible for Ike.
Pretty much this. Ike needs to be very careful, but it's definitely not impossible.

Peach will be wanting to play at mid distance at almost all times. Keep that in mind and space with the tip of your attacks. You can't risk getting TOO close because her OoS game, jab, Gfloated Nairs will destroy.

Ike's dash attack is REALLY GOOD AGAINST PEACH. You can pretty much punish any turnip pulls at mid or semi far distance. Getting her offstage with Fthrows, jabs and aerials due to their knock back will limit Peach's options in going aggro on you.

Peach's camp game isn't the best and has major holes.

Aether can be used in some cases to rack up the damage that would have been difficult to inflict prior.

/my2cents

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
As of late i've been approaching alot more with dash attack and F-air
Dash attack is really only good if you know it will hit because if it gets shielded you will eat 500% or something (Ike isn't hard to pressure). Fair is annoyinggg, it's outranges Peach's Fair. Be aware of your landing though.

:052:

Hist

Smash Cadet
Dash attack is really only good if you know it will hit because if it gets shielded you will eat 500% or something (Ike isn't hard to pressure). Fair is annoyinggg, it's outranges Peach's Fair. Be aware of your landing though.

:052:

Even if it's spaced properly, because it does buffer peach slightly backwards?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Even if it's spaced properly, because it does buffer peach slightly backwards?

If it's well-spaced she can pretty much just dash attack or dash grab or Nair or toss a turnip or something. I'm pretty sure his dash attach is laggy enough and her OoS options are fast enough to punish, don't take my advice for granted though because I have little experience vs Ike, with exception of wifi ones >_>

:053:

If it's well-spaced she can pretty much just dash attack or dash grab or Nair or toss a turnip or something. I'm pretty sure his dash attach is laggy enough and her OoS options are fast enough to punish, don't take my advice for granted though because I have little experience vs Ike, with exception of wifi ones >_>

:053:
Dash attack is greatest for punishing Ike's Fair on shield. And her OoS is fast enough to beat dash attack. The only issue is range. Ike goes really far forward and if he intiates it near you while in shield, he will go really far away from shield. Unless you have a turnip, peach is horrible at punishing far away things out of shield.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Dear Lagmatic

GG's, although I was shockingly bad. I despise Wi Fi, I hate how I get stuck in strings and juggles online. I wish UK/US lag was better than what it is, I wouldn't mind playing you and a variety of others in better conditions :/ I'm fairly certain I would at least react to a Marth who ran straight across the stage to Up + B me on the other side rather just stand there

Until next time...matic

P.S Stop using Green Peach please, it burnt my eyes

Xyless

Smash Master
I'm gonna make a new portrait or whatever, since the old one is outdated. If only I had a better picture of me to use. Hate my eyes in it.

XYLESS
Tournament and Casual Player
Chicago, IL

Hello, my name is Jacob. I float between Chicago and Michigan, depending on what time of year it is. I have my own house that pays for itself and then some, which is awesome. I like trying to find different approaches to situations and analyze as many angles as possible with how I play. My favorite move is the turnip pluck, because it always has a chance of being a major game changer. I used to dislike playing as "top tier" characters, but I've grown to love Diddy and Olimar. Oh, and I'm one of the lead developers for the Brawl Minus mod.

z00ted

Dear Lagmatic

GG's, although I was shockingly bad. I despise Wi Fi, I hate how I get stuck in strings and juggles online. I wish UK/US lag was better than what it is, I wouldn't mind playing you and a variety of others in better conditions :/ I'm fairly certain I would at least react to a Marth who ran straight across the stage to Up + B me on the other side rather just stand there

Until next time...matic

P.S Stop using Green Peach please, it burnt my eyes
those were some of the most halarious matches i've ever played in.

ESPECIALLY the Diddy vs Peach on Delfino.

I wanna play you offline! Your Peach is really good.

and... NEVER!!

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
those were some of the most halarious matches i've ever played in.

ESPECIALLY the Diddy vs Peach on Delfino.
Oh my God, I was like 'oh he's dead, good OH **** BARRELLS SHIELD ROLL DO SOMETHING PEA- boom'

lolinput >.>

I assure you I'm better offline ><

And oh my word MY EYES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

Also ffs I wasted my 4000th post complaining about Wi Fi T_T

Wi Fi is like a crappy partner with me - I hate it and it pisses me off something crazy
But it's the only thing that'll play with me on a regular basis so I stick with it

Two-Ell

Smash Master
oh that sucks. If you could get replays to me I would upload them for you.

I had an amazing tourney weekend. I just got back home this afternoon. Kyon you missed a LOT lol. I know you couldn't come though.

:rosalina:

Xyless

Smash Master
I record replays as well, 2Link. I just...need them. :(

I might have to resort to saving a replay of me losing to Ook's Peach in dittos at Pictochat.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I have a bad habit of forgetting to hit 'Z' after a match. I need to fix that. I could have a bazillion tourney/MM vids of me by now if I did.

z00ted

ughhh if only I could show you the legendary thirty nine minute match against Esca's Pit, and how my signature was created.

asdlfkjaslkdfja
asdlfkajsdlfkjasdf
asdlkfjaksldfkjlasdflkasdjkfjasdflkj
asldkfjkasljflasjdfklasdfjasdfjasldfj

asdfasdfasdfasf
asdfasdf
asdfa
sf
asdf
asf
as
fa
sfasfs

eriieiro

aeiouandsomtimesmysignatureshowsupandsometimesitdoesssntttt

WTF

ok... **** you smashboards

oh that sucks. If you could get replays to me I would upload them for you.

I had an amazing tourney weekend. I just got back home this afternoon. Kyon you missed a LOT lol. I know you couldn't come though.

:rosalina:
^this gets a signature...

but all that **** up there doesn't?

Edit: SUCCESS!

Edit Edit:

Pretty much this. Ike needs to be very careful, but it's definitely not impossible.

Peach will be wanting to play at mid distance at almost all times. Keep that in mind and space with the tip of your attacks. You can't risk getting TOO close because her OoS game, jab, Gfloated Nairs will destroy.

Ike's dash attack is REALLY GOOD AGAINST PEACH. You can pretty much punish any turnip pulls at mid or semi far distance. Getting her offstage with Fthrows, jabs and aerials due to their knock back will limit Peach's options in going aggro on you.

Peach's camp game isn't the best and has major holes.

Aether can be used in some cases to rack up the damage that would have been difficult to inflict prior.

/my2cents
DUDE

That was actually a good consensus!

Besides that aether bull****, I'm really proud of you!

Top Bottom