• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Xyless

Smash Master
Woooooow, Moozle. You got mega hard boned with that bracket, seriously. Kappy has been playing with me nigh every day, so he knows the Peach MU so well now. And Akashi has gotten so much training vs me that I never want to face him in tourney.

Good job getting Akashi to game 3 though!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I did really bad in the tournament XD I don't know if it was because of nerves, because i'm not used to playing offline, or because of the setup i was using, but I was messing up a lot of really easy things like glide tossing and aerial canceling. First round I fought Kappy, a good Kirby from Il. Kirby has always been my least favorite matchup, so I didn't do too well. I gotta practice it more. Second I played Akashi, who I think is one of the best players in Il. I took him to game 3, but I just wasn't playing good enough to win. I'm not sad/mad though since I still had a lot of fun and had some cool friendlies/MMs.
Kappy also plays my Peach from time to time, and I was playing Akashi all last night with my Peach too, sorry about that. >_<

I didn't do much better in tournament, but I won $3 in MMs using Peach!

Moozle

Smash Champion
Nah that just makes it more exciting trying to be the best :p Zwarm we should have played some dittos! I can't go to the tourney next weekend because i'm going to be visiting my brother at school.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
We should have! I had so many MM's to do, but I should have went and found you to play a little. Did you see any of my Peach? I need tips. :p

Moozle

Smash Champion
Well Xyless we've been to some of Kirk's smashfests at the same time if you count those.

Zwarm I only saw you against Arty. There was one match where you were giving him the business :p I think you just need to get better control over Peach's aerials and start using f tilt (all tilts actually) and up smash. Next tourney I go to we can do lots of dittos.

Edit: Btw I was just at my friend's house and found that he has paper mario for N64! It's my favorite game ever and he's letting me borrow it I'm so happyyyy.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Believe it or not, I used to ftilt all the time, I just stopped because I got punished so much. I love using utilt on stages where up smash doesn't go through platforms, and I rarely use dtilt, though I probably should.

I was so proud of that match against Arty, 2 stock 155%. :)

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
lolz i am a little buzzed and i jumped on wifi for the first tme in months and i 3stocked this falco player and got it recorded DXD

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I went to Phase: X yesterday and lost to Holmes (Wolf) who was pretty good I guess but I played poorly, and Zori's Olimar (played so-so).

I think I got 17th/54 or something - when I go to Dallas I play poorly in tournaments.

I beat BigFoot's DK in a $5 MM and MJG's Toon Link in a $20 MM 2-0

Also: I'm putting $2 on the table EVERY time I play anyone in tournament. If you beat me you can take it. For some reason my mind doesn't operate correctly when I'm playing tournament matches - I can't function because either, A) I'm under too much pressure (which is ********) or B) There is no real "loss" if I lose.

I'm pretty sure EVERYONE that has watched me play has seen me play 25x better when I'm actually money matching.

This needs to be done.

/johns

Nicole

Smash Champion
I went to Phase: X yesterday and lost to Holmes (Wolf) who was pretty good I guess but I played poorly, and Zori's Olimar (played so-so).

I think I got 17th/54 or something - when I go to Dallas I play poorly in tournaments.

I beat BigFoot's DK in a $5 MM and MJG's Toon Link in a $20 MM 2-0

Also: I'm putting $2 on the table EVERY time I play anyone in tournament. If you beat me you can take it. For some reason my mind doesn't operate correctly when I'm playing tournament matches - I can't function because either, A) I'm under too much pressure (which is ********) or B) There is no real "loss" if I lose.

I'm pretty sure EVERYONE that has watched me play has seen me play 25x better when I'm actually money matching.

This needs to be done.

/johns
Don't feel bad about losing to Holms, he is really good. I only can beat him in doubles. He wins tournaments in my area.

Excellent job beating MJG though, looks like your TL experience really came in handy.

I know what you mean about playing worse in tournament, for me I know it is the pressure of winning and my unwillingness to lose. I think it's hard because for myself at least, I want people to know Peach is a good character and worth taking seriuosly, and I feel like I let myself and my cause down if I lose. Then I play bad...

I hope your money plan helps you!

z00ted

Don't feel bad about losing to Holms, he is really good.

Excellent job beating MJG though, looks like your TL experience really came in handy.

I know what you mean about playing worse in tournament, for me I know it is the pressure of winning and my unwillingness to lose. I think it's hard because for myself at least, I want people to know Peach is a good character and worth taking seriuosly, and I feel like I let myself and my cause down if I lose. Then I play bad...

I hope your money plan helps you!
I don't know. Like I said I can either play well or really bad. Holmes was reading me really hard and I was making stupid decisions because of exactly what you said in your paragraph.

I hope this money idea helps me out too.

also; kansas smashers are really chill

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
IMO(but who cares about that) Peach is definitely a force to take seriously.

We as Peach mains easily lose it in how much we have to know. Almost every single one of Peach's MUs are 50/50.... except for high tier characters. She beats a few, but even then I think it's still pretty difficult to do consistantly knowing that those A tier characters that she beats are almost always played differently.

I'm still having slight trouble with

Diddy
Olimar
and G&W.

Yet, I'm pretty good at

Metaknight
Falco
and my Marth status is improving.

z00ted

my hair was purple, i looked like lady gaga, i hate lady gaga

also; Air let's do top 5 thread