• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Especially when you go from Melee to Brawl thinking Brawl would be the best ever.

God was I wrong.

I guess that what happens when you WAAAAAAAY over hype a game.

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
I actually prefer Brawl over Melee soooooooo yeah. But then again when I played Melee I was fairly young and didn't really play it too seriously. I would beat all my friends consistently but never did it competitively. If I had been older I probably would have preferred Melee over Brawl as most people do.

Gonna be in three tournaments over the next couple weeks, one today, one tomorrow, and one on the 20th. None of them are too serious, and the one today is timed for whatever reason (._.) but I figured I'd go, just to see what it's like. There will be around 50-60 people from what I'm told so I'm not exactly sure how the skill level will be. xD

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I actually prefer Brawl over Melee soooooooo yeah. But then again when I played Melee I was fairly young and didn't really play it too seriously. I would beat all my friends consistently but never did it competitively. If I had been older I probably would have preferred Melee over Brawl as most people do.

Gonna be in three tournaments over the next couple weeks, one today, one tomorrow, and one on the 20th. None of them are too serious, and the one today is timed for whatever reason (._.) but I figured I'd go, just to see what it's like. There will be around 50-60 people from what I'm told so I'm not exactly sure how the skill level will be. xD
Same here. :C
I would've loved to get into melee. But it's ancient now. XD

Edit: I am going to vengeance! :D I think Mikey is going, and I know Eddie err KB is and that's all the peaches going I think..?
:phone:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I mean, I was going up until this morning, and I play Peach. Plans changed, bleh. It's not like I hang around this thread because I play Peach or anything.

Inb4gay

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I play Peach in both Melee and Brawl and it's definitely harder to transition from Brawl to Melee. Thankfully I have good experience at doing both. Wish me luck this weekend at NYTE, a regional tournament being held in my city! Totes excited <3

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I may use peach in pools for vengeance, I kinda just started but I feel she is amost ready for tourney

It's looking pretty solid so far man. Your landing coverage is good, spacing looks good, work on the edgeguarding and recovery a bit, and try to remember to farm for pulls like hell between stocks. We can play some more at Chi's place if you're housing there. I won't be missing Dolphin Slashes this time lol.

And Peach/Falco is totally manageable. :)

Zwarm

Smash Hero
When characters with bad recoveries are offstage, about even with the stage, will die if they air dodge, and are far enough away so they can't grab the ledge.

That's the only real time it's worth using imo.

I like using it on the platform on Yoshi's to get the cancel, but it's not that great when you really think about it.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
When characters with bad recoveries are offstage, about even with the stage, will die if they air dodge, and are far enough away so they can't grab the ledge.

That's the only real time it's worth using imo.

I like using it on the platform on Yoshi's to get the cancel, but it's not that great when you really think about it.
On anything with a hitbox, like Waddle Dees/Doos, Mr. Saturn, Pikmin, or the damageable parts on a stage. The hitbox will come out for a surprise attack, and has the bonus of refreshing moves. Otherwise, the only good of it is what Zwarm said, or to attempt to read techs/rolling/air dodges for bonus damage.

All very, very situational.

Top Bottom