• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I don't need advice I know all that I need to know in order to beast with Peach. Now me actually playing like it is another story.

In other news I got my wifi back.
PLAY ME!! :O Pick me pick me pick meee! I need more training of Peach Pro's!

Besides, you'll feel better, because now you'll play someone who really sucks!

Oh and I found that this should be Peach: :038:

I don't know who it is, cause I forgot all Pokemon, but she looks like a blonde ruler, just like Peach.

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
That's Ninetails. A fox Pokémon. It's the evolved form of Vulpix. And I agree that Peach should be Ninetails because they both look so majestic and graceful~ But I like Meno's reasoning for her being a Butterfree...

gantrain05

Smash Master
i'd play some wifi with ya again dark, but i moved and actually do not have wifi. and i must say i really do miss it.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Butterfree leads still fail. :(
Compound eyes double powder sets are passable [and even that's a stretch].... IN NU. ;-;

I would like to request a pokemon change. :/
If anything, Jiggs is the butterfree of Brawl, except she's already Wiggs. o.o
Jigglypuff should be ... Jigglypuff. You know, "You should always be yourself, don't be a wannabe..."

Jiggz = Jiggz.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Tournies.I don't think I can go back to them anymore. I really just wanna quit and stay out of them. It will just be a never ending cycle. I will just wanna quick later on again

And all this pressure I keep getting from people. The comments, the videos about me. All of it.I can't deal with all of this on me. I can't just freely Be that Peach I was back in my prime. There is too much running through my mind.

Sorry boys, But I just can't do and handle tournies. I have to let it go. I'm not cut out for this.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It really shouldn't affect you that much Dark, geez. But I see it is, we're human and we have our stupid flaws - if it's honestly taking that much of a toll on you, okay.

GGs and good luck.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Moving on...I had something called "sweet" sushi for the first time today :O
It was like sushi...but made of chocolate. soooooo good.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm gonna leave these boards. Need some vacation from it. Think I'll leave for a week or 2. Can't deal with this right now. So I'll be back next sunday or the follwoing sunday. Same goes for aib. Peac out boys. if people wanna talk to me, I''ll be on aim sometimes.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
What ever happened to that hardcore peach discussion stuff? The boot camp thing?

I would like to join in just to read whats going on.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Hello people. I have been resurrected...
I feel really bad for abandoning my smash gym thread, but my life took a little turn a few months ago so I disappeared... but everything is back to normal so hello again! (if you remember me... lol)

Anyway... are there any new groundbreaking things that have happened...?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
There was another tiger right? a guy that dressed as Tigger for a tournament lol. forgot his name.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Deadly Turnip, I'm not sure - but I think he's referenced here under the "Do Not Cheat" section. Dunno what that's about though.

PP777 was always good for a lol.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
CizD has been really busy i think traveling around? i just barely caught him on aim the other day, he said he'll try to pop in sometime soon.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Wb TW :)

So guys, I was fighting against DeDeDe today and he was in the air falling cause he's massive and for some odd reason I started to do a ground Floating Dair as I was chasing him

So I was like 'lol a one off' cause it worked but I tried it again a few times and...well it seemed to work. At one point he Daired me when falling down but he landed (he might have fastfalled by accident I think) and then suffered from the very heavy lag his Dair suffers from. So no biggie, I Daired him again

Variation of aerials were used such as Bair and Nair but I could just move out of their hitbox range by Floating as DeDeDe was falling which seemed to work since his aerial speed is terrible. Swallow didn't work either and airdodge resulted in him getting hit during landing frames

This might have been a fluke but I wanted to share it with people since there's a possibilty it could be useful and I don't think DeDeDe can shield grab you whilst your ground Floating Dairing inside him and on his shield. If you're around he'll probably take the full thing which will severly cripple his shield and if you Float behind him whilst doing it, you could probably autocancel and drop your Float and turn around and grab him. He'd have to lower his shield and turn around to grab you, causing extra lag for him. If he's holding his shield up or his shield is small, the Dair will poke

If anyone wants to test this out next time they fight a DeDeDe, please tell me the results. I'm pretty sure this can be DI'ed out of but it'd be nice to throw out as a surprise or to use on someone falling down so you hit them with the last hitboxes of Dair. Any thoughts about this?

gantrain05

Smash Master
yes he can grab you out of ground float Dairs, it was a bad habit of mine that i had to break cuz i'd get punished for it alot.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Gather around children for the first edition of Meno's Spindel.

Basically, I'm going to dump all the threads I'm reading here.

Yoshi v. Meta Knight
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238527
- Ha ha, I remember when he was still a "partial counter."

It's Hopeless
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238461&page=2
- I link to the second page because EL's comment is so sad. Then I lol'd.

Baby Mario by BigSharkZ (not just a texture)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238575
- Although I'm still iffy about Brawl+, the possibility of creating Baby Peach using these techniques makes me excited.

Uair-footstool-QAL potential death combo (video pending)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238293
- This is crazy looking, deadly, and works on Peach. The most terrifying thing seems to be that it works. I'm watching the progression.

Discussion, go!

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

- This is crazy looking, deadly, and works on Peach. The most terrifying thing seems to be that it works. I'm watching the progression.
Are they sure this works on Peach? She's floaty and her Nair is quick and has high priority. Anyway, this is very situational and since Peach can float and stuff, It doesn't seem very practical.

We should also do things with footstooling >_> Footstool > Bair lock lol.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord

Discussion, go!
Meh, you should be able to sdi the uair hit to avoid the footstool. What would actually be frightening I think though would be uair -> footstool -> quick attack/jab lock -> rapid jab facing inward to the stage.

...I'm not sure if pika's rapid jab would knock you out of the "I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP" state of being though... if it doesn't then you'd be forced to sdi behind pika and take a crap-ton of damage in the process, and then get jab locked once -> thundered.

But yeah, assuming that the above does work I still don't see it as being a big deal. For one pika has to get himself in a very specific position to do this: being right in your face with his back facing you. Granted his speed and excellent mixup game make this possible, but there's another requirement: his opponent has to be at a very specific percentage for this to work.

So what do you do? When you're at this specific percentage just be prudent and watch out for this. Done deal. I'd personally just assume this is useless until someone pulls it off in tourney.

EDIT: Wow, you're quite a looker Meno ;)

EDITEDIT: HugS makes sexy posts

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Are they sure this works on Peach? She's floaty and her Nair is quick and has high priority. Anyway, this is very situational and since Peach can float and stuff, It doesn't seem very practical.

We should also do things with footstooling >_> Footstool > Bair lock lol.
IIRC, someone said that you can fully hop Dair, footstool, and then do the Bair lock, but it sounds difficult as hell to do.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Gather around children for the first edition of Meno's Spindel.

Basically, I'm going to dump all the threads I'm reading here.

Yoshi v. Meta Knight
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238527
- Ha ha, I remember when he was still a "partial counter."

It's Hopeless
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238461&page=2
- I link to the second page because EL's comment is so sad. Then I lol'd.

Baby Mario by BigSharkZ (not just a texture)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238575
- Although I'm still iffy about Brawl+, the possibility of creating Baby Peach using these techniques makes me excited.

Discussion, go!
Lool, you should make a thread in Blogs with this. I'd totally subscribe.

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
Um, I think I found this neat little trick on icy floors. Well, it's not really a trick, but it's just... I don't know. But anyway, I don't think it's useful at all since:

1. It's very situational, but can catch your opponents off guard.
2. The only allowed stage in tournies that has ice is PS2.

But I find it really fun and it could be useful if you play on a custom stage or the Summit stage for fun. Plus I just wanted to share something with you guys.
I've made a replay if anyone would like to see, but I can't upload because I don't have a capture card.

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this. I didn't want to create a new thread.)

Top Bottom