• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bowser Chatroom and General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
The site has been created, however it is still under construction. Advice and etc would be very helpful, I've already sent out a load of PM's to Bowser players.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
srry I fell off the world guys. And gimpy calls brawl bowser an imposter koopa.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Alright everyone, just posted up a little forum game... Anyway, check it out. Peace

jogues_street

Smash Cadet
My freind just told me this pokemon ivebever heard b4 its called wynaut (why-not) lol jk wtf kind of name is that they couldnt make it normal like wabafet lol jk

jogues_street

Smash Cadet
just yanking he's not gay bc he goes for peach....he is so hard for her at night
he sucks tho
like if you hit him once he is like dead
DEAD!

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
wow, you triple posted and made yourself look childish... good job!

just looked at views and it was 666! scary

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Bowser is the heaviest character in the game, he easily lives to 150%. lol
Unless of course you use a DSmash at the edge and they shield you, then you get pushed off and do a Dair in which you're too heavy to recovery from. :'(

Trying to get people, is it too late at night to talk to someone?
The hell are you talking about? XD

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Idk, but I never die before 130-50 ish unless im fighting a powerful character and they get lucky, or they are just much better than I am.(Also, there is the rare recovery flub)

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Bowser is the heaviest character in the game, he easily lives to 150%. lol

Lol vex, sorry that is absolutely incorrect.
I have OD Di'ing skills and i could say bowser can be described as a cotton stuffed pilllow or a beach ball. Great DI'ing will give you the ability to extend your characters survival potential to its max, however...

We're not dealing wit DI here, we're speaking how far the characters go flying at a certain percent due to their weight.
Snake, Rob, DDD, DK, all live waaaay longer than bowser whichi ive always thought is unfair, bowser is the biggest but hes incredibly light for his huge size.
I still refuse to understand why Snake is heavier than bowser, and not by just a little bit. he never dies.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Lol vex, sorry that is absolutely incorrect.
I have OD Di'ing skills and i could say bowser can be described as a cotton stuffed pilllow or a beach ball. Great DI'ing will give you the ability to extend your characters survival potential to its max, however...

We're not dealing wit DI here, we're speaking how far the characters go flying at a certain percent due to their weight.
Snake, Rob, DDD, DK, all live waaaay longer than bowser whichi ive always thought is unfair, bowser is the biggest but hes incredibly light for his huge size.
I still refuse to understand why Snake is heavier than bowser, and not by just a little bit. he never dies.

what the hell are you talking about, Bowser is the fourth heaviest character vertically because Dedede, Snake, and DK fall faster then bowser, but Bowser is the heaviest character horizontally. If you disagree with me, then I'll get mew2king in here because he knows exactly how to explain it.

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
what the hell are you talking about, Bowser is the fourth heaviest character vertically because Dedede, Snake, and DK fall faster then bowser, but Bowser is the heaviest character horizontally. If you disagree with me, then I'll get mew2king in here because he knows exactly how to explain it.

You're partially right to be honest, but we're speaking about the overall weight of characters.
A character with good vertical trajectory will always live waaaay longer than a character with good horizontal trajectory and this is the reason. To enjoy living longer with a character with good horizontal trajectory, u have to always rely on Up-ward DI'ing <-- since this is tru. You will need a stage with a large ceiling anywayz to be able to live at ridiculous percentages.

The best possilble DI'ing with any character is best is an up-ward angle (on attacks that knock horizontall angle of course)

On the ohter side a character with vertical resistance will always live longer no matter wat. Again the best way to live is DI'ing in an upward angle on an attack that knocks in a horizontal way. Thus this being a fact, alot of horizontal knockback can be reduced with a good DI.

And another advantage will also befall the ones with vertical resistance, and that is on attacks that knock upwards. Since they already have amazing vertical resistance, they can manage to live EVEN further by reducing some vertical knockback like DI'ing sideways.
Best counterpicks against characters such as these are stages with low ceiling and vast length.

Ike has amazing horizontal weight as well, i'd say about good as bowsers.
While bowser can live under 150% without much difficulty.
DDD, Snake, Rob can live easily from 170%-190%.
DK at 165%ish.
This is how i see this matter.

If M2K comes here and corrects, i'd lose this argument. I've known the guy since melee he has always studied smash in and out to the last spec.

Teh Future

Smash Master
For one: I prefer levels with low ceilings over ones with high.

One upair with bowser can kill at insanely low percentages, and even though Bowser's vertical knockback isn't the heaviest, it's still very good.

Also, I don't even think Gimpy ever bothered to learn Bowers infinte jump, which makes him about twice as good if you weren't using it. I have trouble believing his credibility when all he does is constantly bash brawl.

Let's talk about bowser's edgegaurding ;)

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Firebreath edgeguarding is the best thing he has. XD It's effective against every character with poor recovery, even the Spacies. :)

I've killed so many people by just firebreath guarding them. And if it doesn't kill them, then it's free damage since they can't escape it without the risk of SDing. XD

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Firebreath edgeguarding is the best thing he has. XD It's effective against every character with poor recovery, even the Spacies. :)
I honestly don't think so, I think Bowser's neutral b is really overrated between Bowser players, his downb is soooo good if your really good at hitting the ledge with it right after there invincibility frames are over. Also a good edgeguard is sorta like in melee with Bowser's ledge attack, I've spiked a GnW with it before D:? The ledge attack when your under 100%

I've killed so many people by just firebreath guarding them. And if it doesn't kill them, then it's free damage since they can't escape it without the risk of SDing. XD
Sounds like your talking about wifi.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
fire edgeguarding works great on people like pit but not on people with super armour i found that out the hard way but even with MK u can sometimes get him to use up all his jumps

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
For one: I prefer levels with low ceilings over ones with high.

One upair with bowser can kill at insanely low percentages, and even though Bowser's vertical knockback isn't the heaviest, it's still very good.

Also, I don't even think Gimpy ever bothered to learn Bowers infinte jump, which makes him about twice as good if you weren't using it. I have trouble believing his credibility when all he does is constantly bash brawl.

Let's talk about bowser's edgegaurding ;)
I've seen Gimpy use infinite jump a lot of times (when he played bowser).

...or are you saying that he doesn't use it making him half as good as he could be (you said it makes him twice as good compared to if you weren't using it, that doesn't make sense at all).

-:bowser:Bowser King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom