• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A The Bowser Questions and Advice Thread

MikeMoney

Smash Apprentice
Yes you do it as fast as possible to catch there DI off guard its especially deadly (and rewarding) to catch someone off guard and kill them with the klaw. ledge hoping and droping are usally when I get my klaw kills or at high percentages when my oppenent gets scared and hold there sheild up for to long.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
alright so when you say "all bowsers" you must me "gimpyfish sometimes" because theres not that many bowser videos out there lol

anyways, sometimes you toss right away to catch their di off guard, othertimes i actually bite multiple times until they start to struggle then i toss, generally high % bthrow kills are done instantly so theres a VERY small window for DI (pre-chomp) at lower % i chomp a few times until they start to struggle so hopefully i can get either a poorly di'd fthrow combo or a bthrow kill at lower %...

so yeah, mindgames mindgames mindgames, its all about trickin their di, or giving them no time to di once you klaw them

Gray

Smash Journeyman
Er... Is it good that I spam Up-B out of shield in the instances I happen to use Bowser?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
well when forward asked me how to play bowser i said

UP B!

he said

I already do!

I said

UP B MORE!

he said

I already do!

i was so mystified that he actually already used up b more ALREADY that i didn't even know how to react at that point.

true story.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
i actually use Up-B too an excessive amount.. like in real life my teacher told me to give me her homework, she died at 90% what a lightweight

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
That post needs to go in the Bowser matchups thread. It is there for a reason. Bowser gets owned by a good Jiggs, but if he wants to have a chance, spacing is a key element. I am pretty sure Boozer fair, ftilt, and bair can outrange Jiggs's non-fair attacks. I am just guessing really so I won't be surprised if this is wrong.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I'd prefer housing Canada for the first time in my life. and by I, I mean Nate/Otto.

GimpyFFFFish, where do babies come from?

*baby bowsers

Eggz

Smash Hero
Oh noes, not infractions!

Thats spam and disrespect to a mod.

Anyway, regarding bowser. Does he have ledge tricks on Kongo Jungle 64? How about Mushroom Kingdom (the one with the blocks and 2 holes)?

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
how do i get past DK's wind up punch?

i keep getting edgeguarded with it.
even when i airdodge bowser doesn't get farther than DK's body.

curse bowser's stubby arms.

or does this go in char matchups? whatever. advice please.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Anyway, regarding bowser. Does he have ledge tricks on Kongo Jungle 64? How about Mushroom Kingdom (the one with the blocks and 2 holes)?

kongo jungle tricks? kongo jungle is the really really big stage with teh dip in the middle right?

you can cancel fortresses at the right time from the rotating platforms in the middle, but generally its sort of the same as any normal stage, the mushroom kingdom's both have great tricks you can fortress cancel, you can run off instagrab on the opposite ledge to getup or whatever else, and you also get some trixy down b stuff on that stage as well, the platforms are good to bowser on that stage, though i dont really like it as a bowser stage because theres no edgeguarding at all lol

you can definitely sweetspot so a giant punch doesn't hit you, use some variety in your recovery, it shoudln't be "easy" for teh giant punch to guard you by any means haha

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Flame canceling comes out in 1 frame, so i think there could be some fancy-ish combos you could pull off with flame canceling. Does anybody know of anything like that?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Well i mean, technically you could d-throw to tech-chased flame breath, but the ending lag is still there so it would only tag on an extra maybe ten percent, and then your screwed, so idk, i'd much rather just use the dash n bash :chuckle:

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Gimpy, what is a comparison of a Sheik chain grabbing a Bowser? Just how bad/mean is it?

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
Gimpyfish, I was playing a Bowser CPU on Kirby's Dreamland 64 and experienced something weird. Bowser did his bowser bomb, landed on the edge of a platform, and sort of fell off in an instant (almost like he instantly L-cancelled the move), only fell off the side of the platform. If I recall correctly, the wind was not blowing. Is there a way to cancel the bowser bomb upon landing by directing it somehow off the edge of a platform or the stage? Similar to the way Link can be running, and perform his spin attack as he reaches the edge, and if done properly, Link will fly off the ledge, still doing the move as he would on the ground.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea its been mentioned before, this is edge cancelling, if you've ever watched perfect control, SDM does it with Link's dair, its timing and positioning the move so that you clip it and DI off the edge so your ending lag is completely cut off... Its impractical because of how hard it is to do.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
nothing is impracticle because its difficult, compare metagame foxes 3 years ago to them now lol

its impracticle because the bowser bomb doesn't do near enough damage, doesn't have near enough priority, and in general is just a garbage move for everything other than trixy ledge grabs

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
it has nothing to do with consistency it has to do with DI, its not like its difficult to up air into fsmash at lower % its just easy to escape from through the most common setup (klaw) at such a low %

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
My bad.

The guilt and the shame of giving bad advice. :(

At least I did not spam at QT's garbage thread. I was very tempted. :(

Another edit from sheer boredom. Is there another way to get an fsmash in a combo (however unlikely) because I think it would be the "kutest" thing a bowser could do.

Top Bottom