• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neutral b doesn't appear to, from what I've seen. Even so, her dsmash stun at 101% in Brawl+ is still less than her stun at 11% in vBrawl. Since Paralyzer only granted a two frame advantage on hit at 3% in vBrawl, I doubt it increases enough to reach that point in Brawl+.

Also, ZSS doesn't have trouble KOing, from what I've encountered.
Huh. I'll take your word for it since I don't play Zamus.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I'm not trying to put an ASL specific point.
Whatever happens, my Marth will still beast.
My point is, what Brawl+ is becoming. Our focus seems to be "let's make it combo heavier, faster, more penalizing for missing techs"

vBrawl isn't like that. It's slower. I had to work harder for my kills. I couldn't fAir spam. I could fSmash the edges when people tried to recovery. I had to work harder to KO my opponent. I couldn't rely on shieldstuns with fAir into Grab like Melee. Stale move negation and no L-Cancel means I can't spam SHFFL. I can't I had to bait my opponent. I had to trick him. I had to outsmart him. vBrawl is slower but requires a lot more mental input. More emphasis on mindgames. More emphasis on thinking.

I do think Sakurai took it too far, but not entirely too far. I saw Brawl as more of a game where you don't amazingly fast finger reflexes to whip out nice moves. The vBrawl buffer system is proof of that. I can't infinite drillshine=>waveshine=>drillshine in Melee.

But Brawl, as we continued to play it became more apparently broken. But I think we went beyond fixing what's broken about it and started stripping what made Brawl what it is. A slower game with more focus on mindgames.

Brawl+ seems to dampen that aspect and put more focus on stringing combos and, easier (as a Marth main) edge guarding. I think the whole changing the gravity, fastfall, short hop, is taking it a bit too far. Even with ASL. I do understand the planking issue though.

Brawl+ seems like an over the top revamp though. Maybe I would like a less drastic change. Really a Brawl "fix" where you slightly tweak not a re-engineering.
Though I see what you're saying, I utterly disagree. vBrawl is all about the defense. You mention "mindgames", and "baiting", probably because the players don't actually want to make the first move, as the attacker is at a disadvantage (shield grab).

In vBrawl, there was no reward for skill, no reward for the insane level of "mindgaming." After all of that effort spent tricking your enemy, no sooner they leave your attack they strike back at you due to the absence of hitstun. There's nothing mildly enjoyable about that.

Flipping Brawl upside down, turning it from a defensive game to an offensive is very important. Each and every code we have from ASL to whatever is essential. Speeding up the game, changing character attributes (such as SH, gravity.. etc.) is also essential to improving Brawl. There's no denying it.

So you argue that it's easier now. I disagree. You say that it's less thoughtful now, again, I disagree. MIndgames are more important than ever because now there's a huge consequence for messing up; you can be comboed. Now, in Brawl+, you can bait the enemy into an attack, and from that attack you can unleash a world of pain on them. However, at the same time, the combo isn't handed to you, you have to work for it. Remember, they can DI out of your combos (depending on the circumstances).

In Brawl, there was no risk vs reward. It honestly felt like a game of tag. Jumping in the air, going after each other, dodging through each other, hanging back-- letting the enemy come to you. To actually get a hit meant nothing, because then you too could be hit immediately there after.

Brawl+ is succeeding in its goals; it has sped up the game, repaired the edge game, tweaked character attributes, added better movement options, so on and so forth. There's really no fun in playing a less altered version of Brawl... there's really no point.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Brawl+ is succeeding in its goals; it has sped up the game, repaired the edge game, tweaked character attributes, added better movement options, so on and so forth. There's really no fun in playing a less altered version of Brawl... there's really no point.
It's kinda hard to deny this. After going back to vBrawl a while ago just for kicks, it simply felt like a game with training wheels. There was so much I wanted to do that just couldn't be done. I wanted to dash in and out to bait and punish, but instead I had to play skip-to-my-lou with foxtrotting at a snails pace. I wanted to capitalize on a well orchestrated plan to get my opponent off the ledge, only to have them magnetize to it with zero effort. Any stock I decided to camp, I usually won. It was quite interesting to see the differences we have created in the game.

@ShortFuse
vBrawl was often compared to chess. If so, it was a game of chess with no Queen, no Knight, and no Bishop. Sure it's really hard to Checkmate someone with only Pawns, Rooks and your own King, but why would you want to play a game like that? It would take forever to get anything done, you'd be afraid to lose what little valuable pieces you had. More challenging, yes, but that's not the kind of difficulty that makes a game good.

Brawl+ throws the Queen, Knight and Bishop back in the mix. You now have options! You now have creativity, diversity. The player that knows these pieces in and out will have a field day with the opposition. Against a player of equal skill, they will have a far more exciting and deep match.

The player that loses their Queen is in deep trouble, and they deserve it. You get knocked off the ledge in B+, and your in deep trouble with no ASL. That's just one small way to illustrate the difference. I hope that helps you see our point.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
As much as you guys praise ZSS, I don't think its worth a nerf just because its easy to pick up and use her. We need to see people also get good at dealing with her to see what her true pros and cons are and whether one outweighs another with little consequence. Also, try some other characters like Sheik, Diddy, or G&W. With the exception of Diddy's horrible recovery I'd say all those characters are up there with her too.

And of course MK Is kind of obligatory but yeah.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I'm another G&W main. He's pretty beastly, even with his ALR nerf (which returns him closer to his Melee counterpart). I like his higher shorthop, allows him to better us the box and turtle, as well as the fishbowl against opponents in the air and on platforms. A smaller shorthop wouldn't benefit him much. His settings seem about right...though I sorta wish the box were a bit less laggy...that's just personal preference. He's well balanced.

I might argue that his judgement hammer is a bit to hard to hit with, but it's more of a joke move anyways, very entertaining, and not to important in his metagame.
What would you like to put his ALR at, then? 75% seems drastic compared to other characters' buffs. 65 to 60% seems more reasonable.

Also, you're probably better than I am with him. How should I use him in Brawl+? In fact, how should I use him in general?

shanus

Smash Hero
What would you like to put his ALR at, then? 75% seems drastic compared to other characters' buffs. 65 to 60% seems more reasonable.

Also, you're probably better than I am with him. How should I use him in Brawl+? In fact, how should I use him in general?
His aerials are all spammable still besides his case. He is fine.

Adapt

Smash Lord
About Zero Suit's stuns...

Dsmash stun will increase with percentage.
Neutral B on the other hand only increases if you charge the move. The stun is entirely unaffected by damage percentage.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Sketch, your analogy is clearly biased, and really shows that you don't pay close attention to the way vBrawl is actually played. Yes, passive edgeguarding got a nerf, but with lower gravity and weaker meteor canceling, active edgeguarding got buffed. The game (excluding character specific considerations) is still balanced, it's just about different things. They may not be things you want, but they work for vBrawl. Whether they should be changed for Brawl+ is certainly up for debate.

Related more to Orca's post, though, I also think that just because there is Brawl+ doesn't mean anyone should write of vBrawl completely. Brawl+ has plenty of problems of its own, unrelated to game play, like difficulty enforcing, and inaccessibility.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Who cares if it's biased? The path that Brawl+ is on is not going to change, so just stop. Not necessarily directed at you.

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'd have to agree with Shanus. His aerials are all still very usable. The case/box is the only aerial that might need slight tweaking, but even without the tweaking it's quite usable. It'll become much more useful once the momentum code is worked out. In any case, other characters deserve tweaks much more than him at the moment.

Actually, I have one request for him (once it's possible): increased knockback with the pan. I'd like to see the panspike back in the game, it wouldn't be overpowered.

As for how to play him, it's pretty straightforward. Approaching with the turtle usually works, but the fishbowl is an excellent approach too when it's timed so the fish are at the sides when you're by the opponent. If the opponent is using projectiles use an approachinrg neutral air to cancel them out (this is basically a more effective alternative to an air dodge).

RAR is very important for him, to properly utilize the turtle with approaches. His aerials work well with dash dance for mindgames. Use the the key for a bait and switch when they're in the air, jump toward them, key down to avoid attack, jump neutral air or Up B to punish. Up Air can also be used to enhance these mindgames.

When opponents are at higher percents you can bring out the box, which has good horizontal knockback to get them off the edge.

Opponents lying on the ground can be hit with a dash attack, it's long hitbox duration punishes spot dodges well. Combined with VERY effective dash canceled smash attacks, he has a good ground game. His down tilt (manhole) can block many projectiles, as well as low approaches. Up tilt combos into itself at least once and leads to a neutral air.

When opponents are off the edge, you have plenty of options. Hitting them with a sweetspotted box is ideal, but the final hit of the turtle can also do the job. Don't be afraid to use his Down Air off the edge, if you press down on the control stick after starting the attack you'll fall much slower and be able to easily recover. This attack is hard to avoid, can spike, and has good knockback. Also, your Up B is quite effective when edgeguarding. Don't become predictable with it, but use it as an option.

WHen hogging the edge, pressing down and jump and doing a neutral air is a great way of keeping an opponent from grabbing the edge with a recovery move. With certain opponents a Down Tilt reaching over the edge can be effective.

G&W has many hard to punish options. Just take advantage of all of them, keeping opponents guessing.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
@ShortFuse
vBrawl was often compared to chess. If so, it was a game of chess with no Queen, no Knight, and no Bishop. Sure it's really hard to Checkmate someone with only Pawns, Rooks and your own King, but why would you want to play a game like that? It would take forever to get anything done, you'd be afraid to lose what little valuable pieces you had. More challenging, yes, but that's not the kind of difficulty that makes a game good.

Brawl+ throws the Queen, Knight and Bishop back in the mix. You now have options! You now have creativity, diversity. The player that knows these pieces in and out will have a field day with the opposition. Against a player of equal skill, they will have a far more exciting and deep match.

The player that loses their Queen is in deep trouble, and they deserve it. You get knocked off the ledge in B+, and your in deep trouble with no ASL. That's just one small way to illustrate the difference. I hope that helps you see our point.
Great analogy. Spot on. Really. :)

@ph00tbag
I believe vBrawl can be written off completely, I too recently played it... and was stunned at how terrible it is. It's so unbelievably bad. It's an embarrassment to the fighting community as a whole. Why do you think the MLG dropped Smash Brawl in it's upcoming circuit? The game is a joke, doesn't meet the standards of a fighter, and is not even enjoyable to watch. Accessibility really isn't that much of a problem. If you're interested in Brawl+, and want it, you'll get it. Not only that, but there's a SLEW of how tos on the internet pertaining to homebrew. So, it's hardly a problem.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Well, I said my point. I know Brawl+ is better than vBrawl, but it seems lopsided as of now with reward (as in risk/reward). Maybe with some crouch canceling in the future and "fixing" the tech input, I'll be satisfied. I understand it's a thing of progress, we raise the hitstun, and juggling is too much. So we increase the gravity and then to balance that, we have to change individual fast falls. I get all that.

I guess I would have rather lagged certain moves than change jump mechanics so much. Some characters feel very different. This new Fox is not to my style anymore. I have to stop playing him. It seems more Melee Fox-like which I can't get comfortable with. Maybe I'll turn to another character. I've always wanted to play Ganny. My main won't change though (Marth since 2002). It might even take Link again since I used to main him in 64 days and when Melee came out.

Well, I've said my point and I know this isn't finalized. I'll wait until the changes are finalized more before I start complaining again. I'll just have to put a lot of faith in this project.

Revven

FrankerZ
"fixing" the tech input, I'll be satisfied.
Yeah, we've already told PW to fix the tech window. Right now one of the current tech fixes is making tech rolls faster so it's harder to techchase someone and it isn't as easy. We've been planning to fix the tech window for months, PW just hasn't done it yet, it's coming though.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Though I see what you're saying, I utterly disagree. vBrawl is all about the defense. You mention "mindgames", and "baiting", probably because the players don't actually want to make the first move, as the attacker is at a disadvantage (shield grab).

In vBrawl, there was no reward for skill, no reward for the insane level of "mindgaming." After all of that effort spent tricking your enemy, no sooner they leave your attack they strike back at you due to the absence of hitstun. There's nothing mildly enjoyable about that.

Flipping Brawl upside down, turning it from a defensive game to an offensive is very important. Each and every code we have from ASL to whatever is essential. Speeding up the game, changing character attributes (such as SH, gravity.. etc.) is also essential to improving Brawl. There's no denying it.

So you argue that it's easier now. I disagree. You say that it's less thoughtful now, again, I disagree. MIndgames are more important than ever because now there's a huge consequence for messing up; you can be comboed. Now, in Brawl+, you can bait the enemy into an attack, and from that attack you can unleash a world of pain on them. However, at the same time, the combo isn't handed to you, you have to work for it. Remember, they can DI out of your combos (depending on the circumstances).

In Brawl, there was no risk vs reward. It honestly felt like a game of tag. Jumping in the air, going after each other, dodging through each other, hanging back-- letting the enemy come to you. To actually get a hit meant nothing, because then you too could be hit immediately there after.

That's all fine but how far do you want to go with offense? 64 style?

I don't think going all the way back to melee offense is the way to go. If that were the case I would just play melee.

Brawl+ should be more like a balance between melee an brawl. It should have these things that we have put in to encourage offense.

But at the same time, I really hope Brawl+ won't strip away all of brawls defensive strategies. There would be almost no purpose to projectiles again. (Falco was an exception in melee. I'm thinking more of Link Samus Yong Link/TL from melee. These characters as long as Pit Wolf and others (Falco is still an exception) would see a dramatic change in metagame as thier projectiles become near useless.)

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
Sketch, your analogy is clearly biased, and really shows that you don't pay close attention to the way vBrawl is actually played. Yes, passive edgeguarding got a nerf, but with lower gravity and weaker meteor canceling, active edgeguarding got buffed. The game (excluding character specific considerations) is still balanced, it's just about different things. They may not be things you want, but they work for vBrawl. Whether they should be changed for Brawl+ is certainly up for debate.
Clearly biased because B+ is clearly better? Perhaps :p. But I'm kind of offended at that second remark: the way vBrawl is actually played? I've been actually playing vBrawl for the entire year it's been out, so I think I have an idea. I was trying to make a concise point using an analogy, I'm not going to go into all kinds of depth regarding the differences. Of course vBrawl has some things going for it - I know it champions off stage edge-guarding. But guess what? B+ still has that, it's just more risky, and it goes further to add on stage edge-guarding that punishes poor recovery (key word "add", hence the "+").

Almost everyone in this thread played vBrawl all year and, dare I say, enjoyed it (in fact, it seems to me like the Melee-only heads are just now popping in here because they realize how serious this has gotten). I can still fire up vBrawl and have fun, because a competitive spirit is by far the biggest factor. Then again, I can fire up B+ and have a much better time.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Great analogy. Spot on. Really. :)

@ph00tbag
I believe vBrawl can be written off completely, I too recently played it... and was stunned at how terrible it is. It's so unbelievably bad. It's an embarrassment to the fighting community as a whole. Why do you think the MLG dropped Smash Brawl in it's upcoming circuit? The game is a joke, doesn't meet the standards of a fighter, and is not even enjoyable to watch. Accessibility really isn't that much of a problem. If you're interested in Brawl+, and want it, you'll get it. Not only that, but there's a SLEW of how tos on the internet pertaining to homebrew. So, it's hardly a problem.
I hate to break it to you, but your opinion is wrong, and your facts are not based in reality. Brawl is easily the worst of the three Smash games, but if it were so bad as you say, you wouldn't have people like M2K and Ally clearly outclassing most of the people they fight. In case you weren't aware, libraries of OP combos do not a good fighter make. If that were the case, you would be arguing that SSB64 would be a better game than Melee. In a bad fighter, any one person's knowledge of their options would be no better than button mashing. This is why with Yoda included, SC4 is a truly abysmal fighter. Brawl doesn't have that issue, because even competent smashers can't beat the best.

And frankly, you have no clue why MLG didn't include Brawl, and asserting that you do just makes you look even less in a position to make the claim. If you think you do know, go read AZ's post in the thread about it, and you'll realize that you don't. It's not because it's bad, as I've already said, and it's not because it's not entertaining, because several high level players are very interesting to watch, like NinjaLink. You may not think so, but you are not the only person in the world, and to assert your opinion as irrefutable fact is a fallacy. AZ himself said that Brawl fits all of the criteria of an MLG caliber game, so obviously, your assessment is not the popular one.

And you must remember that not everyone who plays Smash is a member of Smashboards. I may regularly attend tournaments, but if I'm not on Smashboards, then I won't know about Brawl+, and thus it won't be accessible to me. Brawl is easier to account for in that sense. Furthermore, as you've failed to attend to, no one can guarantee a standard Brawl+ code set. At any given tournament, any given setup could have a given slight, but game-altering change in the codes, and if it's subtle enough, you wouldn't notice. This makes enforceability an issue. For these two reason, vBrawl will always have to be the dominant game at tournaments. So give up on Brawl if you want, but don't expect to be followed en masse.

@Sketch: I say it's biased because it's not apt at all. And I can only assume either willfully ignorant bias or a genuine lack of knowledge being the cause.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I love how much all of these posts have to do with Beta 3 directly. Really, nice work.

@ph00tbag and ShortFuse: if you come into a Brawl+ thread, you can expect to find some level of bias for it and against vBrawl. Sorry. However, as someone said, Brawl+ has it's course pretty well chartered, so unless you all have radically new ideas, there's little point in starting even a civilized debate about it, let alone a flame war.

B.W.

Smash Champion
This idea may be a bit early, but I figure early is a good time to say it. Some of you may be thinking of this, and someone may have said it already, but here goes.

I believe that sooner or later we should take a single codeset, and just leave it alone. For maybe even a month or maybe even longer if need be. Reason being is so that we can play with other people, expand the community a bit through actual game play, and also get input over the time that rushing out to get the next codeset is on hold. This way we can find problems, as well as know what characters were hiding their bigger problems as far is balance goes.

Who knows what can be done from the time we play now, to the time we play in the future. Some character(s) may be more broken than we thought, and some characters much worse than we thought. While it could be a pain for people to adapt to a character, only to have them change possibly to an extent where they don't like the feel of the character, it would still be a better idea to give these problems time to be found.

This idea is for after we've got the stuff we're working on now that we already know we need, of course.

And you must remember that not everyone who plays Smash is a member of Smashboards. I may regularly attend tournaments, but if I'm not on Smashboards, then I won't know about Brawl+, and thus it won't be accessible to me.
This is actually not completely true. Much of the community has been gained through people just turning on Brawl+ at tourneys they go to, and by bringing them to smashfests. You also don't need to be a member of the SWF to browse forums. You just have to know that it's here. If people are truly interested in getting the codes to play the game for themselves they would ask where and how.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
And you must remember that not everyone who plays Smash is a member of Smashboards. I may regularly attend tournaments, but if I'm not on Smashboards, then I won't know about Brawl+, and thus it won't be accessible to me.
Not necessarily. Remember that B+ is a movement still in it's infancy. All it takes is for one person to bring a copy of B+ to a tourney for a vBrawl player to be exposed to it. People can hear about B+, whether they visit Smashboards or not.

Edit: Project-05 beat me to it.

@Sketch: I say it's biased because it's not apt at all. And I can only assume either willfully ignorant bias or a genuine lack of knowledge being the cause.
I love your black and white statments.

@Orca "...your opinion is wrong."
@me "...it's not apt at all."

I guess my entire analogy is not apt at all because you said so, huh?

Read it again. Distill it down. "Brawl+ is vBrawl with more options." That's not even an opinion, it's a fact, and you're over here telling me I'm ignorant?

In respect for the thread, I won't continue with this exchange. If you want to call me stupid you can do it in the other threads.

shanus

Smash Hero
I need a few more testers for 3.2 before I release it shortly. We found a small bug which is making gravity get applied a bit funky in 3.1 and want to make sure its stable. Please hop in the IRC if you wouldnt mind testing this this afternoon.

Please help if you plan to play today!

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
MLG? Lol you mean the same peeps that have competitive WoW in their circuit?

I honestly think G&W would still be great even if his aerials all had 100% lag. They were all pretty abusable and gave G&W players way too much freedom. Now with shieldstun they're even worst and I don't know if its even still possible to spot dodge and punish the last hitbox of the turtle.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
This is actually not completely true. Much of the community has been gained through people just turning on Brawl+ at tourneys they go to, and by bringing them to smashfests. You also don't need to be a member of the SWF to browse forums. You just have to know that it's here. If people are truly interested in getting the codes to play the game for themselves they would ask where and how.
Not necessarily. Remember that B+ is a movement still in it's infancy. All it takes is for one person to bring a copy of B+ to a tourney for a vBrawl player to be exposed to it. People can hear about B+, whether they visit Smashboards or not.
This is precisely accurate. I will be spreading Brawl+ at MassMadness, a huge tournament in Massachusetts. Any1 wanna help me?? :) The tourney is on the 28th.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I never ever went to smashboards until I heard some idiots at gamefaqs complaining about hackers ruining brawl with wavedashing. I don't remember why I was even at gamefaqs, but I went here to get into the action and now I've accumulated over 100 posts, nearly all if not all Brawl+ related. Also, youtube should do wonders once the standard stops changing so often.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Ok. I know this is a little late but its still worth saying just in case. Here is a few of my thoughts for buffs/nerfs.

NERFS

Metaknight- Still a little too good. Metaknight excels in combo's, edgegaurding and even KO potential. I think a small decrease to his Up-B KB would do wonders for him and make him play a little closer to how he should have been in vBrawl. Meta will still be able to kill but would have to rely a little more on gimping and racking up damage (much like shiek) Overall he would still have the same feel which is a plus.

Snake- As he stands now with the stale moves modifier gone, his up-tilt because just a little too spammable. It's capable of racking up damage well with combos, has its crazy range and can still kill reliably. I would like to see some more ending lag added. To make it a little more punishable and risky. It'll still have its crazy range and ability to kill but will now no longer just be a safe move to attempt combos.

BUFFS

Samus- Right now Samus has some ok projectiles. But they could be alot better. If its possible i would like to see a decrease in ending lag for her missiles. This would greatly help her pressure game and give her projectiles some better use.

GPDP

Smash Ace
BUFFS

Samus- Right now Samus has some ok projectiles. But they could be alot better. If its possible i would like to see a decrease in ending lag for her missiles. This would greatly help her pressure game and give her projectiles some better use.
Already done in the new 3.2 codeset.

BEES

Smash Lord
Brawl made much heavier use of inherent priority than the other games, and I'm not a big fan of that. If two attacks hit at the same time and both characters' hitboxes are exposed when it happens, both should get knocked back for certain attacks, or clanged for others.

Maybe what we really need is a priority code. If we took out priority except for disjointed hitboxes, that could go a long way to balancing the game better. I imagine it would also ramp up the offense and speed a bit. I think as a side-effect it could fix the controller slot priority problem too.

Is that even possible to do?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Maybe what we really need is a priority code.

If we took out priority except for disjointed hitboxes, that could go a long way to balancing the game better.
I hate having to explain this... THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PRIORITY. What we see as "priority" is just a combination of the effects of range and disjointedness, damage a move does (two ground moves will "clink" if they deal within 10% of each other), and the speed and duration of the move.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I am all for making Zamus feel like Zamus, meaning we give her her stun gun back, but in turn nerf her ability to combo. From what I keep reading, it's her u-air to up-b that makes her combo forever. What if you add lag to her u-air?

BEES

Smash Lord
I hate having to explain this... THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PRIORITY. What we see as "priority" is just a combination of the effects of range and disjointedness, damage a move does (two ground moves will "clink" if they deal within 10% of each other), and the speed and duration of the move.
This is like saying there is no such thing as pollution, only impurities in the water and air.

Almas

Smash Lord
In order to change the priority of a move, you would have to change either its hitbox, the hurtbox associated to it, or its damage.

The former two are likely impossible to do easily, and the latter has very severe implications.

So priority cannot be modified easily.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
This is like saying there is no such thing as pollution, only impurities in the water and air.
Except that impurities in the water and air are measurable, whereas priority is not easily quantifiable in the slightest. There is no value that the game reads as "priority." It is not just the game taking a pair of pre-programmed values that are weighed against each other and the higher one wins. It isn't something you can just slap a modifier on. "Priority" is just a result of the way moves interact with each other, which I detailed in my above post. You cannot directly modify priority.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Two Questions.
1) Is the current codeset on the OP stable? Does it still do the thing where it goes black and rumbles after matches sometimes?

2) When can we expect Beta 3.2 and what changes will be made? I have a small party to go to and want to bring the latest version of Brawl+

Revven

FrankerZ
I can only answer the first question and the answer is that after playing 5+ hours with my friend SFG on Sunday, using 3.1 it never froze or had any "black rumbling" going about. I managed to get 100 matches saved, so, no freezing or any **** occurred. However, this was using the one from the 12th on shanus' site. Dunno about the OP (although it SHOULD be fine now).

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Damage does not have an effect on priority, it's just that moves that clank with each other tend to do within ten damage of each other, at least, this was true in melee lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom