• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Ah okay, I didn't realize that it would be ready so soon. Will it provide as many free lines as the picture method? I really want Brawl+ with texture hacks

Revven

FrankerZ
For those who are playing Brawl+ Online I have a warning:
http://www.mariokartwii.com/f7/error-code-20102-a-40347-7.html

Nintendo now bans peoples WFC Account who have activated codes on WFC in Mario Kart Wii, I don't know if this will happen in Brawl, but everything is possible.
I doubt this will affect Brawl+ online as the codes can't be used in With Anyone and Nintendo can't target the hackers that use codes that DO work in With Anyone anyway because guess what? NO NAMES!!! Hahahahahahaha. But, this is surprising to me, didn't think Nintendo would actually DO something about MKWii's WiFi.

ratts

Smash Apprentice
Mario Kart has points and leaderboards, so they have a legit reason to ban people using codes that could be for cheating, Smash has no ranking and a pretty sad online mode so I don't think this will affect us.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace

mattk210

Smash Cadet
Is there a rationale I can read for all the changes? I love some of them but I don't understand why stale moves got removed for instance. I tried searching but no dice...

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I think Luigi's Taunt animation should be A LOT faster. That way I can actually try to get the taunt spike :-P

Bladefist137

Smash Cadet
I have a question for all the people who play Yoshi in B+ :o

Could anyone enlighten me how Yoshi plays/feels like in B+? Like did he got stronger/faster etc. then that he was in regular Brawl? :p Sorry if this question has been anwsered already and is somewhere in the pages of this thread.

Would really like to test it out myself (got really excited when i saw B+ for the first time on Smashboards^^) but the major problem is that i can't find a copy of The Twilight Princess anyway at the moment :'(

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

Could anyone enlighten me how Yoshi plays/feels like in B+? Like did he got stronger/faster etc. then that he was in regular Brawl? :p Sorry if this question has been anwsered already and is somewhere in the pages of this thread.

Would really like to test it out myself (got really excited when i saw B+ for the first time on Smashboards^^) but the major problem is that i can't find a copy of The Twilight Princess anyway at the moment :'(
Nearest movie/game rental store. That or a used game store like Gamestop.

CanadaKid91

Smash Apprentice
Can someone post some more Ness vids? I've seen all the ones in the video forum and am intrigued by his combo potential.
Also, I'm curious as to when a "final" version will come out. At this point I'm cautious about getting involved in Brawl+ until a more complete version is available.

Anyways, I wish you all the best :)

CK91

ratts

Smash Apprentice
you shouldn't wait till we go gold man, there is way to much fun to be had. Plus we could use your opinion to help make it better.

JOIN THE PLUS SIDE.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Can someone post some more Ness vids? I've seen all the ones in the video forum and am intrigued by his combo potential.
Also, I'm curious as to when a "final" version will come out. At this point I'm cautious about getting involved in Brawl+ until a more complete version is available.

CK91
I have a video of my Marth fighting a Ness, but I'm saving it till after I fiish my next 2, Why Brawl+ is Fun episodes

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord

This is coming from a Yoshi main in both Brawl and Brawl+.

I think Yoshi is a solid character in B+. Thanks to hitstun, Yoshi has a good amount of comboing options from his tilts (mainly utilt and sometimes ftilt), and his aerials (mainly bair and uair at low percents). His aerial movement speed isn't as impressive due to the changes in everyone's momentum, but it's still decent at least. I'm still learning how to use him, and trying to figure out how he does in certain matchups, on certain stages, etc., but I really enjoy using Yoshi in B+.

I don't know of many other people who use Yoshi though, and I'll be looking out for more B+ videos of him in action, lol.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace

CK91
Most of the changes have been made. Changes from here on out will probably be just character-specific buffs (or nerfs). Don't delay. Brawl+ is a blast!

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
DK, IC's, Ike, Olimar, Pikachu, ROB, Zelda, and Yoshi...I haven't heard much about them. I've heard MK is still broken though.
I played Brawl+ on Wednesday at Chibo's place. He saved a few of the matches we played.

I'm an Ice Climber main

The Ice Climber's Squall hammer attack still does a lot of damage even though it's eaiser to DI out of. I mainly use it to inturrupt attacks.

Harder powershielding and shield stun plus quicker characters can make it difficult to get a grab at times. But I think the chaingrabs should be removed.

F-Throw/D-Throw to F-Air still works. I guess the damage ratio is lower than the normal one because after the second F-Air from 0, heavy characters are able to tech. Normally heavy characters can't tech until the 3rd time from 0. This can be done by making Nana short hop after the throw.

Hobbling is still doable. But the game mechanics make it more difficult to do. Also, the ability to tech footstools now makes hobbling less useful.

The timing for Down-Throw changed a bit I think. But the timing for the F-Throw and B-Throw are the exact same. The lack of move decay may effect this a bit, because it felt like I was chainthrowing in Training mode, where it take less throws than normal to reach death percent. With infinities in the game, people won't be as compelled to attack as much. Matches vs. the Ice Climbers may go back to campfests. That wouldn't be fun for either player involved, especially with the exciting combos the game has to offer.

I think the Ice Climbers need followups from their throws. Nana can still smash the opponent/attack if Popo is holding them. They probably do have followups out of throws. For example, I was able to D-Throw to reverse F-Smash my opponent because they DI'd poorly. It's also probable to do D-Throw to Nana Dash-Attack to followup. Maybe give Up-Throw less knockback to allow a followup in case Popo is alone. (Like Up-Throw to B-Air/Up-Air)

Also, SoPo should have the Side-B like Melee's in terms of recovery. Melee's Solo Squall recovery had more height than the Brawl one.

Those are my thoughts. There's probably other stuff I missed out on.

Also Olimar looks good. Up-Smashes are spammable now like he's in Luigi's Mansion though. Up-Air to Up-B is almost guarnteed now. Landing N-Air to to followup (Up-Smash/Down-Smash/Jab/Tilt) is guarunteed now. Olimar can probably Ken Combo too (maybe.)

Zelda seems to have nice followups out of her Down-throw. Up-Smash chains at low percent do more damage now and are eaiser to connect. Down-Tilt can be linked into itself if the opponent fails to tech.

I also like how Ness plays. My Ness plays aggressive normally with lots of grabs, so I feel my Ness plays better in this game :).

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Will 3.4 be using the new custom gecko OS made for brawl that extend the cap to 430 lines?

(bassically, will you be going over the original gecko OS limit forcing us to use the new gecko?)

I don't think anybody would mind but im curious

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Will 3.4 be using the new custom gecko OS made for brawl that extend the cap to 430 lines?

(bassically, will you be going over the original gecko OS limit forcing us to use the new gecko?)

I don't think anybody would mind but im curious
3.4 is already on the IRC, and there haven't really been any codes that we need extra space for.
YET.

ratts

Smash Apprentice
well weren't some codes removed, like metaknight's nerfs, we need to add those back in.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
well weren't some codes removed, like metaknight's nerfs, we need to add those back in.
This.

Plus adding the KB and launch angle codes.

And besides I was referring to the Official set. Not the unofficial 1 on the IRC.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Snake feels perfect now.

That 2 frame buffer code seems to not like me. There were several occasions when trying to do an aerial pursuit when Snake would not pull out his cypher despite me pressing up and B repeatedly to get him to respond. I have tap jump off and used only my midair jump. So many SDs.

Yoshi needs a little something to compete with the rest. What he has isn't enough. Is it possible to enable him to jump out of his shield or increase the knockback of his down smash?

cman

Smash Ace

CK91
Ness is a machine. He is so much fun to play, and has lots of combos and several options in terms of which moves can be used within several of the combos. I like Ness so much in B+ that I'm maining him, along with Ike, despite never really playing him in any of the other games. Anyways, you might as well just start B+ now, since there is really no sense in waiting.

supersonicridley

Smash Cadet
No no, not the snapshot codes, the new modified Gecko OS that allows us 430 lines.
The snapshots code works ok but I have experienced freezing as well as brawl+ tweaker not allowing me to create .bin files from .gct sometimes. So using Gecko 2.0 would make it run alot smoother and easier

ratts

Smash Apprentice
I'm not having any trouble with the snapshots code, I'm starting to get the impression people are bad talking it just because they don't like the idea of it, because it works great for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom