• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPDP

Smash Ace
What version of the Tweaker are you using?

Also, this thread just got stickied. About time.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Couple questions.

1. I hear "soon" being thrown around quite often for the official release of Beta 4.0. Any actual release date planned? Perhaps a time frame?

2. I know that Beta 4.0 is available in like the IRC channel and I think in the latest Brawl+ Tweaker. When Beta 4.0 is officially released I'm assuming it will have some tweaks from these versions? If not then what's holding the release back?

Looking forward to it guys, keep up the awesome work.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
-no ad during tumble
-auto jab
that's all I really want :(
I know the point of b+ is balance and all but there will always be a tier list and once you guys get that, find a way for bottom tiers to counter the top tiers like in 64 I think its a 4hit combo(2 death) from jiggs on pikachu. you guys won't ever achieve perfect balance but im positive you can create counter tactics.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Just as a question, why is the teching window in 3.3 only 10 frames compared to the 20 frames in Melee? Also, what will the teching window be in 4.0?

Rudra

Smash Ace
-no ad during tumble
-auto jab
Out of curiosity, what is it that you see in auto jabs? I think the main reason they were dropped in the first place was because "they looked very odd" (or something along those lines) right? I personally dont see the need for reintroducing auto jabs again either. (I do admit though, that I used to use Falcon's to stop some projectiles and spin dashes a long time ago though lol).

I have no problems with NADDT either, though it seems that the majority prefers to keep it out of the main codesets. :ohwell:

Rikana

Smash Champion
-no ad during tumble
-auto jab
I know the point of b+ is balance and all but there will always be a tier list and once you guys get that, find a way for bottom tiers to counter the top tiers like in 64 I think its a 4hit combo(2 death) from jiggs on pikachu. you guys won't ever achieve perfect balance but im positive you can create counter tactics.
Sorry, but I'm pretty sure those are going to be out. Majority prefers it that way. If you want, you can always just add it in on your own set after you download B+'s codeset.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Out of curiosity, what is it that you see in auto jabs? I think the main reason they were dropped in the first place was because "they looked very odd" (or something along those lines) right? I personally dont see the need for reintroducing auto jabs again either. (I do admit though, that I used to use Falcon's to stop some projectiles and spin dashes a long time ago though lol).
I think a main reason why it was taken out was for accuracy. It takes the control away a little bit when you try to do jab combos by doing one extra jab or two
I have no problems with NADDT either, though it seems that the majority prefers to keep it out of the main codesets. :ohwell:
Actually, the more I see people post, the more I think that there are more supporters for this code than I thought. I don't know where people get this "majority" from when I see support for the code popping up a lot. This code definitely should be readded and given a reason for why its added. The more you understand why something works the way it does, the more you appreciate it and realize that it is something positive to add. I hope it gets readded and that people really give it a chance instead of taking it off 10 minutes after you play because its weird. Its a no different adjustment than with hitstun and I adjusted after an hour and will never go back.

Revven

FrankerZ
kupo15 said:
Actually, the more I see people post, the more I think that there are more supporters for this code than I thought. I don't know where people get this "majority" from when I see support for the code popping up a lot. This code definitely should be readded and given a reason for why its added. The more you understand why something works the way it does, the more you appreciate it and realize that it is something positive to add. I hope it gets readded and that people really give it a chance instead of taking it off 10 minutes after you play because its weird. Its a no different adjustment than with hitstun and I adjusted after an hour and will never go back.
I just wanted to bring up ONE other thing that I think is another reason why NADT and FF during tumble aren't in the set: freezes. Multiple people... no tons of people have complained about loads of freezing problems in Beta 3.3 and when they transfer over to 4.0, there aren't any freezes at all. Coincidence? I don't think so. I don't think NADT and FF during tumbling were the culprits though I guess, since you haven't complained about freezes yet, maybe it was that old tech code solution we were using as well? Let me give you an example of the freeze, hold on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHLrC3WQ-60&feature=channel_page

Match doesn't finish, ends with a freeze. This is an example of the freezes I believe people were having on a lot of occassions with 3.3. It doesn't look like the tumble codes caused that right there, maybe the buffer tech code? I really don't know. With that old tech solution code out the window and the new tech code we use in 4.0, have you had any freezes kupo? I don't think you have otherwise you would've mentioned so.

And, again, the majority comes from the people I've seen comment about the code on the IRC. You don't come on there that much at all to see how most of the people in there don't like it, while there's one or two people in the IRC there at the time that DO like it.

I see these people commenting on wanting it kupo, but, there's also many people who don't want it in (excluding myself). Did you miss seeing like, half the comments on when 3.3 first came out where almost everyone hated NADT?

In any case, just wanted to share the freeze issue with you mainly.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Are...you....serious? Freezes is the best you can do to attack this code? How many freezes have I been getting with these code.....none. And tell me how a sword clank that causes a freeze points to the tumble code's fault?

And oh ****, we should remove the NASL then because there are some people that don't like that code either and half the people didn't like it when it came out. How many people did you have to explain codes to before they accepted it? The only reason why these people didn't like NADT was because no one ever explained what the hell was going on or what its supposed to do and thus the code never got a chance and this is what your basing your reasons on? I mean, ****, wouldn't YOU take off hitstun if you never knew why it was there in the first place and had little knowledge of competitive play? I know I hated hitstun when I first learned about it many many years ago when I was first introduced to fighting games. We should have removed ALL the codes that had this controversy due to lack of communication now shouldn't we?

>_<

Revven

FrankerZ
I was just saying kupo, that's all. I mean yeah I KNOW if there were freezes we could get it fixed but then it's put on the backburner like every other code that has yet to be fixed (though momentum was fixed recently for Sonic and teching was proven unfixable for Ganon :().

Give me the set you're using with NADT and FF during tumble in a PM and I'll try it out later against some CPUs. I doubt I'll wiggle out though... I'll probably just FF and tech more often or something...

kupo15

Smash Hero
I was just saying kupo, that's all. I mean yeah I KNOW if there were freezes we could get it fixed but then it's put on the backburner like every other code that has yet to be fixed (though momentum was fixed recently for Sonic and teching was proven unfixable for Ganon :()..
An accusation is still an accusation which is why I called you out on blaming NADT for the faults it didn't even create. I mean, I think there was a lot of freezes in sets that NADT was taken off.
Give me the set you're using with NADT and FF during tumble in a PM and I'll try it out later against some CPUs. I doubt I'll wiggle out though... I'll probably just FF and tech more often or something..
Fine. I'll give you the code set that includes the gravity changes as well so you get the full blown package. Does that sound good? Don't forget, you don't have to wiggle out. You can use and attack or jump and in MOST cases, these lead to no further punishment and resets the playing field to neutral. It isn't like some extra hitstun that extends combos indefinitely. It rewards excellent zoning and certain tactics and allows for tactics to work.

Wall of pain suffers without NADT
There is no reward for shoving people off of platforms with their shield up

There are so many other things but you get the picture. I appreciate you trying it out, and I hope that you spend more than 2 matches before deciding to trash it due to it feeling strange. I hope you actually spend several hours with it and against someone that can use that code effectively because you won't learn much from a cpu.

FYI, even I was a little unsure about the code when I first tried it, but decided to push through the awkwardness, not judging it too soon and ended up liking it

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
An accusation is still an accusation which is why I called you out on blaming NADT for the faults it didn't even create. I mean, I think there was a lot of freezes in sets that NADT was taken off.
Calm down, he said he thinks it may have been due to NADT, but also possibly other things.

BTW, why don't you record some matches with G or someone using your codeset?

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
What are the gravity changes? I'm curious to try them as well.

@Sketch: Didn't he say that he can't play with his friends all that often? Which sucks, btw. :(

kupo15

Smash Hero
Calm down, he said he thinks it may have been due to NADT, but also possibly other things.

BTW, why don't you record some matches with G or someone using your codeset?
Its a little hard to be calm when it feels like someone is saying whatever necessary to not include something you feel is very important and using reasons that don't make any sense. If he wasn't sure, he never should have potentially tried to put the blame on the code.
What are the gravity changes? I'm curious to try them as well.

@Sketch: Didn't he say that he can't play with his friends all that often? Which sucks, btw. :(
Its not finished yet. I'll let you know when it is

Yea, I have 3 old vids, but I was having more fun just running around and kneeing all day lol. But this match is pretty decent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQBtEY0V5XQ&feature=channel_page

This one at 55 secs shows NADT in action. It shows you how ganon was able to be aggressive with the fair and have some confidence in not getting punished. I could have attempted to attack but I probably would have lost. But without the code, I could have air dodged through that move and punish him for using the momentum he established ruining his hard work. Its things like these that makes the game more defensive and campy which results in slow game play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umjVJbdeT5A&feature=channel_page

Hey Kupo can you send me your code set too, either the txt or bin? I'm interested in seeing how the extra gravity plays.
Awesome, didn't know so many people would be interested in trying it out. We tried one crazy method which took a week or more of testing and turned out to be really messy, so we are going to simplify things a bit. We are just starting to test things now. After we have that done, we still need to be able to adjust the recoveries that are gravity based like sonics and links. Its nice that several are not affected no matter how high its set to like gaw, falcon, ganon, peach, pika, spacies....

But we will definitely present it when we have it working which should only take a couple of days

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Can someone explain what AD is? I've searched around but I figured it'd be best to reiterate what these terms are so that people that are ignorant (such as myself) can at least keep up with the conversation.

storm92

Smash Ace
Kupo and I are all working to get the gravity ironed out.
We'll let you all know when we're ready to "release" it to see what everyone thinks.

Give us a few days though, as kupo said above, we had a method and collected a bunch of data and then it ended up being super messy, so fairly soon we should have what you're looking for!

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
I don't mind NADT as long as it doesn't cause any critical character-specific (balance) issues.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Okay, serious question, is there actually going to be a serious update, or is this just a huge AF joke and nothing more?

Baronvonstag

Smash Rookie
Argh!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting for the last couple weeks to see a new set, and I almost blew a gasket, I was so excited that a new set was coming out today.....

O_o

Hopefully an actual set will come out in the next few days.

**cries**

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
I've been waiting for the last couple weeks to see a new set, and I almost blew a gasket, I was so excited that a new set was coming out today.....

O_o

Hopefully an actual set will come out in the next few days.

**cries**
It's here, just not on this thread. Look through the Smash Workshop.

Mama

Smash Ace
yea i dled the one with the flying ganons and magic falcon punches too lol. is there a new codeset actually coming out today or should i just check back another day? i only just set up my brawl+ and homebrew channel last night but i've playing ever since and a new codeset so close to when i just got into it would be pretty awesome

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
It's good to see everyone at least enjoyed the april fools release, but as far as an actual release goes? Well, as long as everything is in order by then, there will be a real 4.0 release tomorrow. We're gonna be working tonight on making sure everything is in perfect condition for release tomorrow. So get hyped, because it's actually pretty awesome.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
That sucks I really don't wan to convert to snapshots...

You better do a comprehensive explanation in the original OP on how to do that stuff

Revven

FrankerZ
It's only temporary SP, we'll be moving to the new Gecko OS when it is available (which is pretty soon, Almas is preparing for it).

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
You know how to have to drop a GCT into your codes folder?
All you have to do for the snapshot method is drop a GCT into codes, and drop a .bin in a different folder. Then click the snapshot on your SD card once you're in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom