• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
On the topic of the solo chain grab, we've talked before about making it so that it sent into tumble earlier, allowing players to DI it, thus making it require at least a little thought to pull off. I'd be fine with this. We're already rebuilding their game from the ground up, anyway.

OK, sorry... Just trying to pick a flavor for Brawl+...
I don't usually report people for spam. However, I may just make an exception for you. That means don't reply to this unless you have something actually relevant to the topic to say.

And we're not talking about giving jiggs weight. We're talking about what DDD would play like.

Sukai

Smash Champion
We're talking about what DDD would play like.
You program codes, right?
Try it out, give him a cinch more aerial mobility and give it a shot.
Theoretically it should improve him quite a bit.

For fun, change the base knockback to his forward smash to a strict vertical one, like Melee Ganondorf.

I loved that.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
You program codes, right?
Try it out, give him a cinch more aerial mobility and give it a shot.
Theoretically it should improve him quite a bit.

For fun, change the base knockback to his forward smash to a strict vertical one, like Melee Ganondorf.

I loved that.
I'm not a coder. Sorry.

I can't even do the fsmash thing until I get fsmash values.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I'm not a coder. Sorry.

I can't even do the fsmash thing until I get fsmash values.
Hm, sucks.
Nonetheless, this is something that we should bring to the back room's attention.
The aerial mobility thing, for the forward smash....
I'd appreciate it, but.....meh.....

D

Deleted member

I'll be glad to help with that, but only after I'm done porting

Sukai

Smash Champion
I'll be glad to help with that, but only after I'm done porting
Take your time man, we all know you're like the Hero of Europe, no rush.

Anyway, I have been experiencing minor freezing.
I think it has something to do with textures, not so much the texture hacks, but the textures themselves.

I froze once when I picked Wario, and twice when I selected Bowser on the Character Select screen., first time was a wtf moment when trying to look at his Final Smash Texture, then again when I was testing my theory.

My theory is it has something to do with .pac files.
Normal .pcs only files work just fine, I can go in and out of matches just fine, but I'm sure characters with new costumes during final smashes (i.e. Wario and Bowser), may cause some sort of interferrence, with the .pac files that is.
Why .pac only? Because I have a costume for Bowser that works just fine, no freezing.
But however ever since I stalled a new texture and a final smash texture, there has been issues.

The .pac file I got for that I downloaded with the .pcs, but the one with Wario, I made the .pac file. I got the same freeze however.

So I ask to anyone who experiences game freezing...
Do you have texture hacks installed? Pay attention when the game freezes, what character icons/or characters in general are shown.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
As a Peach main I wholeheartedly agree that she needs a Fthrow buff.

As she is now, she really only has two strong kill moves, both of which can be frustratingly difficult to land on someone who actually knows what they're doing.

Since Peach has excellent jab to grab options, a Fthrow buff would add a much needed alternative kill move to her arsenal.
Only two? o.o

Best:
Usmash
Bob-omb (1/300 chance to get it ... and it'll probably miss anyway, but it is strong!)

Good:
Fair
Nair
Bair
Fsmash

Okay:
Ftilt
Uair

She does have some more killing options ^^. But I still agree that a Fthrow buff would be REALLY good. And a better second jump. Perhaps maybe a Dsmash buff.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Only two? o.o

Best:
Usmash
Bob-omb (1/300 chance to get it ... and it'll probably miss anyway, but it is strong!)
Stitchface

Okay:
Fair
Nair
Bair
Fsmash
Semi-Stichface
Beamsaber[Thrown, because she can't ****ing use it on most stages.]
Utilt

Meh:
Ftilt
Uair

She does have some more killing options ^^. But I still agree that a Fthrow buff would be REALLY good. And a better second jump. Perhaps maybe a Dsmash buff.
Fix'd. And you call yourself a peach main ;P<3

That list is really all done by kill% too, doesn't take into account that USmash is basically impossible to hit with, and you getting a stitchface/Bomb and then hitting with it is also not as likely, so you're resorting to your "okay" kill moves, which means you need to tack on another good 50% or so.

But yea, she DOES have killing options, but these options are viable at like, 200%[Against the likes of DK/DeDeDe/Bowser]...excluding USmash/Bomb-Omb/Stichface.

She needs a buff on some of her kill moves to be able to kill at like, 20%, and only her major ones like FAir, and then add in the buff for the FThrow and we're golden.

OH!
DSmash needs to set people on fire. Or shoot out Toad spores. LOL.
-DD

IC3R

Smash Lord
She needs a buff on some of her kill moves to be able to kill at like, 20%, and only her major ones like FAir, and then add in the buff for the FThrow and we're golden.
WHAT?!

OH!
DSmash needs to set people on fire. Or shoot out Toad spores. LOL.
-DD
I think it should send out little hearts like with her Bomber and U-Tilt :D
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

IC3R

Smash Lord
Hmm...she spins so fast the rim of her dress catches stuff on fire...

Nice...I wonder if that would add to the damage output; it's so weak D:

IC3R

Smash Lord
Okay, so what kind of character is Peach? As in, what does she specialize in?

Glass Cannon - Mr. Game & Watch, Pikachu...
Gimp Machine - Kirby, Yoshi, Jigglypuff, Meta Knight...
Survivor - Yoshi, Wario, King Dedede...
Punisher - Ganondorf, Ice Climbers...
Power - Ike, King Dedede, Bowser, Wolf, Zelda, Snake...
Defensive - Link, Ganondorf, Snake...
Ranger - Samus, Ivysaur, R.O.B., Link, Toon Link...
Aggressive - Fox, Meta Knight, Marth, Falco, Kirby...
Combo Master - Capt. Falcon, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, Shiek, Fox...

That's just something I think about...(I'm probably missing something important)

Where would Peach fit in?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'm having some issues with PT and the individual pokemon engine in the latest version of B+. regular PT won't switch out pokes when they die (squirtle gets KO'd and PT sends in another squirtle). also, the individual pokes can use down b to switch out. this wasn't in the last version so i'm just wondering if this was a deliberate change or if something is messing up?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Okay, so what kind of character is Peach? As in, what does she specialize in?

Glass Cannon - Mr. Game & Watch, Pikachu...
Gimp Machine - Kirby, Yoshi, Jigglypuff, Meta Knight...
Survivor - Yoshi, Wario, King Dedede...
Punisher - Ganondorf, Ice Climbers...
Power - Ike, King Dedede, Bowser, Wolf, Zelda, Snake...
Defensive - Link, Ganondorf, Snake...
Ranger - Samus, Ivysaur, R.O.B., Link, Toon Link...
Aggressive - Fox, Meta Knight, Marth, Falco, Kirby...
Combo Master - Capt. Falcon, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, Shiek, Fox...

That's just something I think about...(I'm probably missing something important)

Where would Peach fit in?
>_> It really depends on how you play Peach...like...I play Peach kinda in a "Combo Master" sorta way, since...turnip combos are awesome. And since you have Kirby in like, 3 different spots up there....

Peach: Combo Master, Aggressive, and Survivor.

Combo Master:
Her moves fit into each other easily and make sick combos when you read DI and have good turnip skillz. None of them end in death unless its one of those easy-kill characters like Falco or Ike.

Aggressive:
Play a level 9 Peach and you'll see that if you sit inside of a sheild the Peach will just float through you while using NAir, and then use a BAir right after and float backwards and FAir and then repeat until you leave your shield or it leaves you.

Survivor:
She has basically infinite horizontal recovery. Counterpick high ceilings and watch your percent rack up! Pokemon Stadium 2 is a godsend.

And yes I was serious about that 20%. >_> Seriously. I FAir'd a DK at ~200% yesterday[forget what stage] and HE SURVIVED.

Or give her USmash killer hitbox Vacuum effect. That would work.
-DD

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
i'm having some issues with PT and the individual pokemon engine in the latest version of B+. regular PT won't switch out pokes when they die (squirtle gets KO'd and PT sends in another squirtle). also, the individual pokes can use down b to switch out. this wasn't in the last version so i'm just wondering if this was a deliberate change or if something is messing up?
I think they added in the hold Shield on death code for switch. Just check the release notes. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Yeah, I just stuck folks in categories where I thought they should go; some characters are missing, and some are in multiple categories. I've never played as Peach, and hardly against, so I have VERY limited knowledge on Peach.

I just remember that D-Smash was crazy good X__X

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
I never thought of peaches dsmash in melee being broken

Its just a really good move, if you DI decently you should take roughly around 20% or even less and get send the other way. It was just a crouch cancel thing, really.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Yeah, but everybody used crouch-cancelling back in Melee, unless they programmed themselves not to do it while playing Peach >_>;

So yeah, all the Peach mains really want is a stronger F-Throw, and maybe a tweak somewhere else?

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Only two? o.o

Best:
Usmash

Good:
Fair
Nair
Bair
Fsmash

Okay:
Ftilt
Uair

Peach has no lead ins to a sweetspotted usmash. Only way you will land one is if someone just falls into it.

We can't count bomb-omb and stichface as kill moves.

Fair and nair can be good kill moves out of combos but from my experience as a peach main in brawl+ even with no move decay these moves aren't killing til around 130-140.

Fsmash only really kills when u get the racket and even then the lowest i remember killing with that was around 110%(which isn't bad for peach honestly)

As a peach main i have already accepted the fact that she is weak and her game is about combos and aerials to rack up the damage. She also has a very good sheildattack and pressure game. A peach player HAS to give out a good 70-110% more damage every stock to compete. Which if your a good peach player and understand her it isn't THAT much of a big deal as i have done 0-50/60/70% combos with peach. But still a slight buff in her fthrow will be very beneficial to her as she has many jab/tilt to grab options. However if this is put in i can already see the (your turning her to melee peach) arguments coming.

However don't buff her dsmash. Peach doesn't need to be a top tier char and you don't have to buff every single move of hers.

I just want it to catch them on fire. >_>

I would find a flaming dsmash highly amusing. xD

But seriously, an Fsmash and Fthrow buff would be great for Peach, I think

IC3R

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, our coders have yet to find the values for Launch Force, Growth, and Trajectory for throws, so that'll have to wait.

I want her D-Smash to catch everyone on fire, too! xD

~

Xaej

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't call myself a Peach "main" but I do play a good bit of her.

I honestly do not believe that she needs any buffs. She is already fantastic in every way.

That said, if a decision has been made to buff her in some way, I'd really just like a slightly higher mid-air jump.

Her moveset is already perfect, imo.

We can't increase double jump height without increasing jump height as a whole, if I recall correctly. Otherwise I'd be pushing that as well.

Honestly though, Peach's killing options are awful. She's worse than vBrawl Sonic. >_>

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Seriously, is she that bad in 4.0? Fair could kill EASILY at 200% in 3.3. * I still need to wait for the PAL versions to play 4.0 :p *

Her killing options seriously ain't THAT bad. They maybe are below average, but seriously not that bad. Besides, she's a good edgeguarder. I can talk more about her but... I'm too lazy at this moment ;p Maybe later.

About Dsmash... I've thought about this.

- Make it as strong as in Melee.
I wouldn't do this if I were you though ;p Possibly the worst option.

- Create a less-damage version of Melee.
The knockback will be still strong. But the damage isn't 52% anymore o.o

- Only increase the damage
15-25% or something like that.

- Increase the damage and decrease the knockback
It know can't kill at all. BUT she'll be able to make even more crazy combo's.

- Only double the knockback
Which will make it a killing move.

Just some ideas~

Xaej

Smash Cadet
Peach's killing options aren't fantastic to be sure, but her edgeguard & gimping game are both fantastic, and the killing options are solid enough to compliment that, in my opinion.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Is there anyone else who could use a good tweaking?
Yes, Falcon. He's super nerfed because he's not as good as Melee Falcon. Give him super buffs please.

Other then that, I believe Shanus has ICs and DDD in mind next. I'd agree with DDD but I'm no DDD main. I did play him and he's good, but not as great as everyone else is now. Probably a few tweaks to make him more playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom