• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaej

Smash Cadet
Umm have u played peach??? Cause if u did you would know even with no move decay her top ko moves are still not killing til around the 110-140% mark depending on the move. I main peach in brawl+ i know. Peach is not a great char for kills. Fox and Falcon are great chars for kills.
Given her combo ability, I'd say 110-140% is more than reasonable, in my opinion.

While I understand that gimping/killing are two different things, her high gimping abilities combined with her mediocre killing options & good damage stacking combos compliment each other nicely and create a well-balanced strong character.

One thing I really look for in the characters I play is the ability to play my character to its potential, not have the character auto-play itself. Please don't give Peach more killing power. We don't need another flying, combo-stacking, kill machine running around - and this one would have wicked projectiles, too!

Xaej

Smash Cadet
Figured it was implied, but whatever.
In my experience, telling them basically to shut the f*ck up, won't work, let's just report any spam, then let Almas take care of the rest.

What's our next topic?
What do you all think about giving Ness' bat a speed increase (similar to Lucas') as part of the official set?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I think its silly considering its supposed to be a stronger, yet slower version of Lucas' stick.

Only buff it needs is the home run bat screech.

IC3R

Smash Lord
I think its silly considering its supposed to be a stronger, yet slower version of Lucas' stick.

Kirby wants his old taunt back (but Almas already got onto us for going on about that, so...)

@ Xaej :: Would Kirby be the first flying, combo-stacking, kill machine? :D (Plz not MK)

Sukai

Smash Champion
Umm have u played peach???
Be respectful when questioning someone.
I play Everyone, and Peach is one of the characters I have more experience in than most others.
Her kill range is just fine, considering that she can combo at just about any percent, not to mention alot of her moves are grounds for easy edgeguard, so there is a higher chance that she can just prevent their recovery other than trying to flat out kill them.
Personally I think any smart player would go for the former than the latter.

On the subject of Ness' forward smash.
I always though Lucas' was stronger... I remember dying at ridiculously low percentages by Lucas' forward smash, but not by Ness, I being a Fox player, I die considerably slower when eating a bat in contrast to a stick.
Ness' smash attacks in general can stay as is.
If he needs any buff at all, I would recommend looking into his aerials, but that's if he needs a buff.
Perhaps increase the hitbox of his sweetspotted back air.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Ness' bat has as sweetspot, and IIRC, lucas' doesnt.

Also, I might be wrong, but Lucas' bat has a more horizontal angle making horizontal kills easier.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Ness's perfectly sweetspotted bat KOs Mario at 82% from the center of Battlefield, without DI. Lucas's whole stick KOs Mario at 86%. 4% difference.
Not to mention Lucas's is much faster, hits farther, doesn't need to be sweetspotted.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Tested right now on DK from the center of Battlefield, without DI.
Lucas KOs at 60%, Ness at 51%.
Much better in that regard, too bad Ness has the worst smash charge release in the game.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord

AGREED.

A stronger bat isn't gonna make Ness any better...sorry guys. I think they (Brawlplusery) were right in being very selective when it came to countering heavy character detriments and brokenness like spammable dsmash with Metaknight and the piece of sh*t useless knee on Falcon...Minute things however, like how much damage Ness's bat does is pretty unnecessary. Not to mention it's not exactly his best killing move. Gimme a break..

Ness is bad because of his mediocre grab range, lack in general range and all around slow/floaty feel which lends into him being slow. Not because his bat isn't as good as Lucas' stick. :ohwell:

That homerun screech needs to come back though like Neko said. LOL

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
You know, there are some people who prefer the new TWACK! sound. So how about we do this?
Apply the old screech only when you hit with the hitboxes on the tip, so both groups are happy, and the sound lets you know if you hit a tipper.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I dunno why people want Peach to have more KO power. She has enough combo and gimping tools that being below average at killing doesn't hurt her much. Someone has to be below average, that's what makes it average.

ROB is below average at killing but he's one of the best gimpers in the game. I wouldn't have it any other way.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
ROB is below average at killing but he's one of the best gimpers in the game. I wouldn't have it any other way.
FSmash/BAir/DAirSpike/NAir all beg to differ.

Besides, ROB CAN kill at like, decent percents. I FThrow DK from the center of PS2 at 200% [Without DI] and he survives. I'd be happy just to be able to kill the beast at 150%.

Edit//
Haha, just read that part where they dunno how to mod throws. Mah B.

>_> I still request a vacuum effect on Peach's sweetspot USmash. Or that DTilt thing Magus suggested.
-DD

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
If you wanted you could probably adjust the d-tilt so that it could be used to set up her u-smash. It still bounces them off the floor right (gives extra hitstun for the distance they go)? If the knockback is right at that damage range it should probably work to KO at least on the less floaty characters.
Give it a certain base knockback with zero growth so it always combos into u-smash?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
FSmash/BAir/DAirSpike/NAir all beg to differ.
Dair? o_O Also you forgot ROB's highest knockback move, his upsmash (even if it's harder to land than Peach's)

Regardless, I bet I could think of at least 20 characters who can straight-up kill better than ROB (Bowser, C. Falcon, DK, Fox, G&W, Ganon, Ike, Jiggs, DDD, Kirby, Link?, Lucario?, Lucas, Luigi, Marth?, MK, Ness?, Olimar, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle?, Samus?, Snake, Wario, Zelda, that's 19 definites and 6 maybes) which would make him below average in a 39 character game. That's all I'm saying. Don't want this to blow up into an argument/flame war. This thread has enough of those.

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
Dair? o_O Also you forgot ROB's highest knockback move, his upsmash (even if it's harder to land than Peach's)

Regardless, I bet I could think of at least 20 characters who can straight-up kill better than ROB (Bowser, C. Falcon, DK, Fox, G&W, Ganon, Ike, Jiggs, DDD, Kirby, Link?, Lucario?, Lucas, Luigi, Marth?, MK, Ness?, Olimar, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle?, Samus?, Snake, Wario, Zelda, that's 19 definites and 6 maybes) which would make him below average in a 39 character game. That's all I'm saying. Don't want this to blow up into an argument/flame war. This thread has enough of those.
He's better than most of those characters at everything else.

shanus

Smash Hero
ROBs downsmash was removed days ago in my nightly build.

Ike I was 99% sure you can AC it if buffered, but if I'm wrong I'll look into and adjust him accordingly.

D3 I can't adjust to have air mobility like jiggs, I simply don't have a code for it.

Ness' bat, I can add the sound, its easy enough lol

Guys, I read this thread every day. I just chose not to post in it as much as my opinions often get seen as this is definitely happening and I don't want people to think a change is final. Your opinions don't go unheard.

shanus

Smash Hero
Hop on the IRC:
gamesurge.net/chat/BrawlPlus

The topic has my nightly builds page on it (not mediafire anymore). Its hosted off my computer so I don't want to directly post it on the forums.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
I dunno why people want Peach to have more KO power. She has enough combo and gimping tools that being below average at killing doesn't hurt her much. Someone has to be below average, that's what makes it average.

That's what i've been saying. Peach combo,shieldattack,pressure,and gimping game makes up for her lack of ko power. Giving her a buff in ko power is more then a slight buff. It's a overpowered one.

Im glad other people agree with me about finding a way to combo into her sweetspotted upsmash though. Like i said as of now dthrow to upsmash works but it's not the sweetspotted one. Im all for that dtilt option!

PikminEater

Smash Cadet
You guys have made very solid points on Peach's Fthrow. Though I still do think it would be beneficial if it was a bit stronger.

But since it's not possible at the moment anyway, I also think the Dtilt to Usmash would be wonderful. This would remove a large part of her killing problem and may make the need for a Fthrow buff completely unnecessary.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
ROBs downsmash was removed days ago in my nightly build.

Ike I was 99% sure you can AC it if buffered, but if I'm wrong I'll look into and adjust him accordingly.

D3 I can't adjust to have air mobility like jiggs, I simply don't have a code for it.

Ness' bat, I can add the sound, its easy enough lol

Guys, I read this thread every day. I just chose not to post in it as much as my opinions often get seen as this is definitely happening and I don't want people to think a change is final. Your opinions don't go unheard.
LOL I play WoW and you sound EXACTLY like a blue (developer) poster.

*Post and stuff*
I said she was harder to kill with when put in killing percentages.

I did not say she was a worse character than vBrawl Sonic, because frankly vBrawl Sonic was one of the most poorly designed characters in any fighting game I've ever played.

That said, her kill options from what I've seen are not exactly great. Fair works well enough, but it's so telegraphed that you won't connect with it most of the time at kill percentages.

Nair works at higher percentages, but so does Ness'. And his isn't exactly a great kill move either. It's just an option if your opponent is well past kill percentages but you can't seem to catch them.

Usmash works, but good luck getting a solid hit with it.

Fsmash jumps from "meh", to "crap", to "decent" at random, so that's out the window.

Uair works okay as well, I suppose.

She is indeed a combo machine, and she is indeed good. I don't think she needs a Knee style killer, but she could use one that works reliably.
But I'm not a Peach main, so I'll leave that to the Peach players. >_>

EDIT
You know, there are some people who prefer the new TWACK! sound. So how about we do this?
Apply the old screech only when you hit with the hitboxes on the tip, so both groups are happy, and the sound lets you know if you hit a tipper.
I like this idea. Is it possible?

On the subject of Ness' bat, you can pretty much leave it as is in regards to how it functions. Bair, bthrow, and uair are all much better options, and Ness doesn't exactly have a problem killing besides.

Revven

FrankerZ
Just posting this here too:

Falco400 said:
Guys, we really need to stop talking about "BUFF X MOVE FOR THIS CHAR FOR X REASON" because if the char is already deemed good or fairs well in most matches, they don't need any buffs or ANYMORE buffs until tourney results prove otherwise or something.

Posts like the one above cause topics like "Power Creep" to be made and **** when really, we aren't going to be buffing every single character for x reason because more than half the cast got buffed from the gameplay mechanics. I already gave some good examples of these chars. Characters will only be buffed if they are still lacking in many areas and the gameplay changes cannot allow them to excel as well as they should (i.e Bowser, Link, Ivysaur for example).

Yea. It's a trip move. Like luigi's and MK's dtilt.

That and the dtilt lock existed in normal Brawl and isnt Brawl+ specific.
Jab locks existed in normal Brawl as well. They were still removed. >_>

Not saying Zelda dtilt needs fixing, because I honestly don't play her at all.
Just supply a better reason next time please. xD

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
She is indeed a combo machine, and she is indeed good. I don't think she needs a Knee style killer, but she could use one that works reliably.
But I'm not a Peach main, so I'll leave that to the Peach players. >_>
Umm...what's the problem here? If the character is already good, then why should we buff her?

It's these things that people are talking about when they speak of the "power creep" or "slippery slope."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom