• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm...what's the problem here? If the character is already good, then why should we buff her?

It's these things that people are talking about when they speak of the "power creep" or "slippery slope."
She's a good combo character. Her killing options are nothing short of awful.

I would also like to direct you to the last sentence of my post.

Tatsuman said:
But I'm not a Peach main, so I'll leave that to the Peach players. >_>

Revven

FrankerZ
Umm...what's the problem here? If the character is already good, then why should we buff her?

It's these things that people are talking about when they speak of the "power creep" or "slippery slope."
I already said this, look a page back DS. :laugh:

Also, Zelda doesn't get special treatment. Falcon's sweetspot hasn't been changed so, why should hers? Exactly.

Xaej

Smash Cadet
Going back to the Ness' Bat vs. Lucas' twig thing:

Personally, I don't think the difference in the power of the two (with Ness' being slightly stronger) is enough to compensate the speed difference (with Lucas' being significantly faster).

Regardless, could anyone possibly explain to me what value I should apply to Ness' bat using Frame Speed Mod Data in order to make it as fast as Ness' ?

Thanks!

sandbags06

Smash Cadet
as far as ness' bat goes, it seems justified to speed it up a bit since the adjustments in gravity took away his ability to do two arials in one short hop, which is a pretty important part of his air game. if you take away from his superior air game, it seems fair to add to his below average ground game.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
His gravity and shorthops are unchanged. Any double arial options he had before should still be available. If you're having trouble, try increasing your buffer.

Also, his air game is raype.

But I really like the idea that the tip screeches.

sandbags06

Smash Cadet
His gravity and shorthops are unchanged. Any double arial options he had before should still be available. If you're having trouble, try increasing your buffer.

Also, his air game is raype.

But I really like the idea that the tip screeches.
so i just realized im using an outdated code, and i dont even think it has buffers, that would explain the whole cant do two arials in a short ho thing. I just started using Brawl + 2 days ago, so my bad.

and yes, please bring back the screech for the bat, it makes bat ko's much more rewarding.

Ness can do two aerials in one SH, but not his fair. Which is kind of the important one to double up with so it covers you on the way down as well.

Not too big of a deal. You just have to WoP it now instead of throwing it out twice. Still a great move, and it's not a very big nerf at all, honestly.

On the subject of the bat, why are we comparing it to Lucas' Stick? Because they look similar? Look at Ness by his own merits. Not by what Lucas can do. (Lucas sucks anyway. >_> *FANBOY POWER HO!*)

Ness doesn't NEED another kill move. Bair, bthrow, uair, and situationally nair, dsmash, PK Missile, and PK Flash all kill excellently. Not to mention his gimping options and spike.

Ness doesn't need buffs to his kill moves. If you must buff something, buff his recovery. That's his Achilles Heel, not his 18 kill options. >_>

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Ness can do two aerials in one SH, but not his fair. Which is kind of the important one to double up with so it covers you on the way down as well.

Not too big of a deal. You just have to WoP it now instead of throwing it out twice. Still a great move, and it's not a very big nerf at all, honestly.

On the subject of the bat, why are we comparing it to Lucas' Stick? Because they look similar? Look at Ness by his own merits. Not by what Lucas can do. (Lucas sucks anyway. >_> *FANBOY POWER HO!*)

Ness doesn't NEED another kill move. Bair, bthrow, uair, and situationally nair, dsmash, PK Missile, and PK Flash all kill excellently. Not to mention his gimping options and spike.

Ness doesn't need buffs to his kill moves. If you must buff something, buff his recovery. That's his Achilles Heel, not his 18 kill options. >_>
Was Ness' shorthop lowered? I used to always do two Fairs in one SH, or even SH Fair into double jump Fair which was very sexy, and I'm going to complain to many people if you can no longer do that, and by many people I mean Shanus.

PikminEater

Smash Cadet
I was wondering if someone could explain the Handicap percents to me.

I know that they represent the buffer levels, so 300% would be 30 frames for buffering?

How many frames do you all prefer or find to be the most effective?

And lastly, my friend tried it the other day and he said that whatever percentage he set for his handicap, was the percentage of damage he started every stock with. How can that be if the percentages are for buffer frames?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I was wondering if someone could explain the Handicap percents to me.

I know that they represent the buffer levels, so 300% would be 30 frames for buffering?

How many frames do you all prefer or find to be the most effective?

And lastly, my friend tried it the other day and he said that whatever percentage he set for his handicap, was the percentage of damage he started every stock with. How can that be if the percentages are for buffer frames?
Brawl+ has the usage of Handicap switched to be buffer frames, so yes, 300% is 30 frames of buffer.

I use no buffer, but people usually like numbers like 3, 5, and 10 when they do use them.
-DD

shanus

Smash Hero
Thanks to you all, that clears up a lot. Just do any of you know why my friend's damage percentage rose with what he set his buffer percentage to?
We'll release a set soon where you can just use one set and it works online. Probably next week at some point.

TL?

Smash Ace
I tried using the brawl plus gcts on the homebrew channel's ocarina, but only some of the codes seem to be working. Rest still does the flower and goes straight up, But extra hitstun and the removal of autosweetspotting works fine. :dizzy:

alvicala

Smash Cadet
I tried using the brawl plus gcts on the homebrew channel's ocarina, but only some of the codes seem to be working. Rest still does the flower and goes straight up, But extra hitstun and the removal of autosweetspotting works fine. :dizzy:
Dont use Ocarina, use Gecko OS. You can get it here.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Dont use Ocarina, use Gecko OS. You can get it here.
Don't use gecko OS, use gecko_brawl.

Z-airs are broken, combine their range with auto cancel, then add in the aerial lag reduction, and you have NO aerial lag what-so-ever.
Easily spammable and safe.
Discuss.

alvicala

Smash Cadet
Don't use gecko OS, use gecko_brawl.

Z-airs are broken, combine their range with auto cancel, then add in the aerial lag reduction, and you have NO aerial lag what-so-ever.
Easily spammable and safe.
Discuss.
Well, if you use the .gct loader method (which is the one used in the 4.0) it doesnt matter wether you use Gecko OS or Gecko Brawl :ohwell:.

From what I know about zairs, is that they deal some good amount of stun and have no lag on landing.
However they do have aerial lag. Lets say Tink for example. I use zair and if I miss, I have to wait till he brings the hookshot back before doing another move while in the air.
Another thing bout zairs, when you hit one, you are on a free hyphen smash if you are close to the ground (depends on the character however).
I think zairs are fine as they are however. Maybe add are a little landing lag to make them more punishable.

Eaode

Smash Champion
FSmash/BAir/DAirSpike/NAir all beg to differ.

Besides, ROB CAN kill at like, decent percents. I FThrow DK from the center of PS2 at 200% [Without DI] and he survives. I'd be happy just to be able to kill the beast at 150%.
Fsmash as a killing move is a joke really. Bair is good but not great. Dairspike is ridiculously stupid to land so it's pretty irrelevant. Nair is his best kill option aside from Fair gimps, but still doesn't kill outright until like ~110 ish if they DI right and you're not at the edge of the screen.

His throws set up for charged laser KO's at high %'s

Honestly, the only thing that needs to be done is remove that disgusting nerf, which fortunately looks like it's being worked on. Seriously, if your attack gets spotdodged, you deserve to take some damage, even if it's from a speedy, alright low % combo move (but mainly a GTFO more that restores neutrality from when ROB has the advantage lol). I think it was just added impulsively because getting hit by spotdodge -> Dsmash is visually annoying xD.

And it was already said that ROB is just a big combo bag anyway.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Why isn't the latest Hitbox Property Mod Engine code shown on kupo's thread being used? Is there something wrong with it?

Almas

Smash Lord
Presumably because it was released after the set, or it doesn't add anything that immediately benefits us. It's possible that it makes more projectiles work... But I don't think there are any we intend to buff right now. I guess weakening Falco's lasers is something that may be considered, but there's still nothing huge.

GirugaMarc

Smash Apprentice
So as I was playing Brawl+ I thought of something interesting

Wouldn't it be cool if you could grab someone while they were lying down?

It'd be nice if something not melee related was thrown into the codeset

Just a thought

GPDP

Smash Ace
I posted this in kupo's thread, but it's an annoying problem, and I'd like to get the most exposure possible.

Has anyone else ever gotten a long, loud, rocket-like sound coming from the game in the middle of a match? It's very random, but it happens to me once every play session. I'm not sure if it's something in the Plussery codeset, one of my own codes that I've added, the texture codes, or just a fault of the double gct method of loading the codes (though it also happened with the snapshot method). So if it's happened to anyone else, I'd like to know.

storm92

Smash Ace
Yes, I get it as well.
It actually didn't occur using the double gct method for me for several days, but every time I use snapshots I get the horrid explosion.
I use textures as well.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
So as I was playing Brawl+ I thought of something interesting
Wouldn't it be cool if you could grab someone while they were lying down?
It'd be nice if something not melee related was thrown into the codeset
Tethers need to be able to grab airborne characters first. The fact that they can't is REALLY annoying.

And just seems stupid. They could in Smash64. :( That was their advantage.

alvicala

Smash Cadet
Tethers need to be able to grab airborne characters first. The fact that they can't is REALLY annoying.

And just seems stupid. They could in Smash64. :( That was their advantage.
Do you mean that tethers should be able to GRAB people in the air (instead of knocking them back)?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Nah, nothing to do with Zairs -- most characters can grab an opponent who's in hitstun near the ground out of the air using their normal grabs.

Tether characters cannot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom