• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Fox got way too nerfed in the latest version that's not yet released to the public.

SHDL needs to be frame perfect now?
Dair has ending lag that barely allows any combos?
Utilt (somewhat reasonable but still gay) doesn't combo as well?

I don't want to keep having to change my playstyle with every version. Change fox's falling speed back to the way it was at least.
I don't think you have to worry. These are just test versions that admittedly go a little too far for mainly feedback purposes. For the most part once they're decided on a set code for mr. Fox you won't have to constantly change up.

....I hope. :ohwell:

shanus

Smash Hero
Yeah, Leaf loved the physics changes and I barely had time to give them a whirl. A lot of these changes are fairly obvious and needed, but things like these physics tweaks are much more opinion based.

Specifically, opinions on ganons downsmash & fox physics are of importance.

Marths side B should work just fine and I believe I got all of Cape's Boozer tweaks to work well (nothing absurd there). Ganons downB kills at 114% on D3 now in the middle of FD with no DI. Opinions on that are welcome as well. Olimars UpB change is nothing wild, just adding a little diversity to the colors as it was one of the few moves with which it didnt have much diversity before.

But yeah, remember nothing is set in stone. We release this to hear back from you all on opinions, its very important people write whats wrong in detail as Cowtipper did.

i.e. ice climber changes aren't working right, but after we polish this up we'll be ready for another release. Not much more to say beyond that :)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
oh thank god. what of fox's dair? I landed every hit of the dair landed BEHIND my opponent, and they were able to grab me before i could uptilt. please please please fix that.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Which set were you using? I thought we returned Fox's d-air to 50% ALR.
Whichever the latest update (not made to public) was. My friend Teh_Spamerer got the link from Chibo to use, and we played it earlier tonight. I actually have a few other ideas if you guys don't mind hearing them. I don't own brawl+ or a wii, so I can only give feedback about my mains or characters I fought against.

MK is still broken. The fact that there is shield stun now gives him free reign to simply shuttle loop -> glide attack across FD and be unchallenged.

Snake having hitstun from the C4 ***** his recovery at lower percents while offstage.

Wolf's recovery was already terrible in brawl. Please allow him to sweetspot ledges.

You guys already know my gripe about fox. His only viable approach with the changed physics is sh nair'ing, which gets predictable/punished.

Lucas is soooo broken. His nair is so safe on shield and can shield stab and lead to combos. His PK thunder edgeguarding is so good to the point that it's unfair. Please fix this somehow.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Whichever the latest update (not made to public) was. My friend Teh_Spamerer got the link from Chibo to use, and we played it earlier tonight. I actually have a few other ideas if you guys don't mind hearing them. I don't own brawl+ or a wii, so I can only give feedback about my mains or characters I fought against.

MK is still broken. The fact that there is shield stun now gives him free reign to simply shuttle loop -> glide attack across FD and be unchallenged.

Snake having hitstun from the C4 ***** his recovery at lower percents while offstage.

Wolf's recovery was already terrible in brawl. Please allow him to sweetspot ledges.

You guys already know my gripe about fox. His only viable approach with the changed physics is sh nair'ing, which gets predictable/punished.

Lucas is soooo broken. His nair is so safe on shield and can shield stab and lead to combos. His PK thunder edgeguarding is so good to the point that it's unfair. Please fix this somehow.
Well,in the last version his Dair back to the normal,you just cant use Usmash out of him(Less damage=Less Hitstun ,thats bad T_T cuz it was his Signature)but you can connect the other things like Utilt and Dsmash.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Red, my responses...

I'll look into it.

Not really anything we can do here. Snake's recovery is different then vBrawl cause he falls much faster. Sadly it's just a Snake weakness.

I'm not sure if we can exempt people from the ASL code, but I'll bring this up.

Yup

We were wondering if Lucas's n-air was still safe on shield. We'll look into fixing this for release.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Well,in the last version his Dair back to the normal,you just cant use Usmash out of him(Less damage=Less Hitstun ,thats bad T_T cuz it was his Signature)but you can connect the other things like Utilt and Dsmash.
If the latest version you're talking about is 4.1, then I believe you're mistaken. Dsmash got blocked sometimes.

Red, my responses...
Thank you very much. I'm glad you guys are open to feedback :)

Also...idk who does textures but can anyone make a Melee ganon texture? =D

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
If the latest version you're talking about is 4.1, then I believe you're mistaken. Dsmash got blocked sometimes.
I'm talking about the 4.1 28 April Changes.

The diferent is you cant connect Dair to Upsmash like before,but the ALR back to 50%

shanus

Smash Hero
oh thank god. what of fox's dair? I landed every hit of the dair landed BEHIND my opponent, and they were able to grab me before i could uptilt. please please please fix that.
Dair is back to normal now. I'll update his physics tomorrow and all should be well in the world.

I'll look into the Lucas stuff as well. The MK Gair sounds like it should be fairly punishable now. We have gotten a lot of feedback about him and most players feel he is at a good point now.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Still though, if you avoid the shuttle loop, you generally know by instinct that gair is going to follow. There is no point for MK to not do it because he NEEDs to Gair to cancel into a (whatever, usually dsmash.)

Its the predictablity of Shuttle > Gair that makes Gair not easy to hit with.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Cowtipper, is this what you're looking for? Link here:

http://kittycorp.proboards.com/inde...rehacks&action=display&thread=278&page=1#3739

Scroll down to Ganondorf.

As far as Lucas goes, what characters are you / teh_spamerer using against him that he's giving so much trouble? Nair is an extremely powerful tool to use on shields, but it has little priority -- most of the people I play against do a decent job at preventing me from getting in at someone's shield to begin with. We are looking into this, however.

Also, PK thunder is a decent edge guard in certain situations, but I think it's a long way from "unfair." It was pretty good but situational in vanilla Brawl, too, and while the addition of hitstun has made it marginally better, I don't think it's remotely OP. Again, other than characters with low and predictable recoveries, it's quite avoidable. What characters did it seem "unfair" against?

GenG

Smash Lord
Wolf side B can now get through ledges and appear near midstage.

I don't understand why Snake's utilt was nerfed but the ftilt buffed. At 80% it's lights out for everyone.

Wolf simultaneously has an awful recovery, and is one of the biggest pains in the *** to gimp because of his Side B scarring through edges. Pretty weird scenario, actually. He's impossible to edgehog, but in terms of distance, he's among the worst in the game.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Wolf simultaneously has an awful recovery, and is one of the biggest pains in the *** to gimp because of his Side B scarring through edges. Pretty weird scenario, actually. He's impossible to edgehog, but in terms of distance, he's among the worst in the game.
Link mains see things differntly lol DAIR!!!! = dead wolf. same with fox same with falco. just find where they will re-apear and SH dair. Wolfs Up-B is down right terrible though and much MUCH easy to dair.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

Mario's cape and FLUDD says hi.

shanus

Smash Hero
Wolf side B can now get through ledges and appear near midstage.

I don't understand why Snake's utilt was nerfed but the ftilt buffed. At 80% it's lights out for everyone.
Damage is intrinsically tied with Knockback Growth. So when we nerfed the damage output of his utilt, we raised the knockback to compensate. Ftilt was tweaked a bit more, but both seem pretty nice right now.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Cowtipper, is this what you're looking for? Link here:

http://kittycorp.proboards.com/inde...rehacks&action=display&thread=278&page=1#3739

Scroll down to Ganondorf.

As far as Lucas goes, what characters are you / teh_spamerer using against him that he's giving so much trouble? Nair is an extremely powerful tool to use on shields, but it has little priority -- most of the people I play against do a decent job at preventing me from getting in at someone's shield to begin with. We are looking into this, however.

Also, PK thunder is a decent edge guard in certain situations, but I think it's a long way from "unfair." It was pretty good but situational in vanilla Brawl, too, and while the addition of hitstun has made it marginally better, I don't think it's remotely OP. Again, other than characters with low and predictable recoveries, it's quite avoidable. What characters did it seem "unfair" against?
Spam was lucas. I was fox/wolf/falcon. You can carry characters offstage with PK thunder to the blast zone...He has alot of priority on his nair as well.

Dair is back to normal now. I'll update his physics tomorrow and all should be well in the world.

I'll look into the Lucas stuff as well. The MK Gair sounds like it should be fairly punishable now. We have gotten a lot of feedback about him and most players feel he is at a good point now.
Dair isn't back to normal. Spam could shield and/or grab after I hit him with every hit of the dair....

I'm talking about the 4.1 28 April Changes.

The diferent is you cant connect Dair to Upsmash like before,but the ALR back to 50%
Please reduce the lag for the above reason.

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Dair isn't back to normal. Spam could shield and/or grab after I hit him with every hit of the dair....

Please reduce the lag for the above reason.
Thelag is back to normal,50%.
Its does less Damage(idk)Knock Back,so,Less Hit Stun in his Dair,so they can Move faster =X

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yes, are you sure you were playing the latest version? Fox's dair was effed up until a couple days ago, so if it wasn't the absolute latest you probably had the laggy dair version.

sandbags06

Smash Cadet
So this is kind of unrelated, but i was just wondering if anyone has tried watching normal brawl replays in brawl+, because they're ********. I mean, I could understand the physics changing a bit, but why it's just a bunch of SD's and items just randomly appear even though they were off is just weird. It's not like this needs to be fixed or anything, it's actually kind of funny. Just wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this yet.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
So this is kind of unrelated, but i was just wondering if anyone has tried watching normal brawl replays in brawl+, because they're ********. I mean, I could understand the physics changing a bit, but why it's just a bunch of SD's and items just randomly appear even though they were off is just weird. It's not like this needs to be fixed or anything, it's actually kind of funny. Just wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this yet.
It's because what your watching isnt a video. They just replay the match with all the same button inputs to simulate what happened. Since everything was changed it puts the characters out of place or the attacks affect them in different ways (ex. more hitstun) that makes them get off set and usually suicide. Though i dont understand about the item thing.

Its been known since codes first came out and there's no way it can be fixed. If you want to watch your old replays just load up regular brawl and it should work fine.

Revven

FrankerZ
Neko, trust us, the current DD ICs have is terrible for Nana as it doesn't work like it should. She has the same window as her vBrawl self so really, it limits her rather than helps desync them. While Popo DDs over to an opponent, Nana will be lagging behind from the turn around animation, which wouldn't be very good.

Fixing the current DD for them will help, it's not that they won't be able to desync anymore from it, as they likely will be able to still. It's just that in its current state it is VERY bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom