• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The British Thread : UK Circuit idea on most recent post !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
Might be able to come, i don't know. I live in Durham aka. 5 miles south of no-where but if i start walking now i might make it. :p
If i do come i'll probably be recruiting for a team known as the phazon swordmasters. We've got:
Maximus (MEZPZ) : Link or ganon
JZPZ: Dk
HEZPZ:Any of the mario bros.
Flaming J (FIJIPZ although he's an on and of member):Samus

and that's us.
But there is a definite chance we aren't coming. (i hate tests)

Kone

Smash Master
Durham ?! as in durham near newcastle as in newcastle where the legendary kone and his crew live ?!?! as in me and stu ?

grayfox

Smash Champion
Thanks Q <3

Can i put my banner/s in spoiler tags? They don't seem to be workin' and it's the only way i can get all my banners in my sig showing >_<

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
FIJIPZ is as good as the rest of us (but he can get back on the stage from anywhere) and we're all pretty good i'll try and get some vids done but i'm not promising anything.
You'd honestly be surprised at the way we play against each other though, we know each others moves inside out so we hardly ever land anything on each other and most of the kills are in the air. It's really good for other matches though because nobody touches us.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Adam es maximus said:
the way we play against each other though, we know each others moves inside out so we hardly ever land anything on each other and most of the kills are in the air. It's really good for other matches though because nobody touches us.
Because you just roll away all the time?
I've seen this **** before lol

Kone

Smash Master
how old are you adam ? if you guys can get yourself to durham you can play the legend that is me

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
The team is 14-15 and i'll see what i can do about setting up a match i'll try and get the others to come but i'm not sure what i can do.
Oh yeah Helios you should know that i play link or ganon. so whenever someone starts a roll then wham it's grapple with link or down b with ganon. We do have this thing with down dodging though (i call it matrix dodging because it looks pretty similar to the movie stuff) we hardly ever touch each other with the jabs and stuff and we all abuse our shield so no projectiles land a hit either.
I could try setting up a tournament i guess but things would be hazy and i'd have to find a good venue aka. my school.

Kone

Smash Master
Well if you guys can get yourself upto newcastle the legend that is me will give you a taste of um legends

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
Kone have you heard about this last melee idea that wife had?
Well apparently they're hosting the worlds biggest and last tournament but it's in the states so i and many other people won't be able to go. So i had an idea to make it a sort of world wide tournament so the people that have never been to a tournament can finally go to the biggest and last tournament in melee history.
The problem is that we'd be scattered around instead of together so the people that have enough money should go to the US one. I was just saying that we shouldn't have smashers that could be better than us going un-noticed.
So what do you say about possibly starting a chain of one of the biggest tournaments in the world. I'll see what i can do to put in but it's all you kone, the future of english smash lies within your hands.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
More than Human said:
Take your advertising elsewhere!

Last edited by MrSilver : 10-06-2005 at 11:30 PM.
ROFL

Adam esT (!) Maximus said:
we all abuse our shield so no projectiles land a hit either.
I kindly do suggest y'all grab eachother out of shields more.

Anyway, if there's a tourney in London, or Kone decides to put something up in Newcastle after all, I'm thinking I might be there. I'm looking for an excuse to go to England anyways.

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
Good then we'll start a revolution together weather the US likes it or not (vive l'angleterre). Ok i'm not sure how we'd set it up but i could help make it happen if it was in Sheffield or Newcastle/Durham because Sheffield about in the middle of england and i've got connexions there but if we have it in newcastle/Durham then the scots don't have to travel as far ( ;) thats for you grayfox) and neither do me and kone but a better reson for having it there is because i know alot of different venues that could house our smash.
BUT once again it's all down to kone weather we do this or not.

Oh yeah bornfidelity the name's latin and it's grammatically sound (mess with the name and i'll mess with your face :p )

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Either way, 'es' is for you, so you'd be saying 'Adam, you are the best' or something like that, besides, verbs go on the end of the sentence right? ^_<
But hey this way you're being original ;)

and Newcastle is easier to get at by boat ^^

grayfox

Smash Champion
ROFFLE Allan knows. Don't worry kid, most of the UK scene has been across Europe for smash so anywhere in the UK would be fine i'm guessin'.

Kone

Smash Master
lol ive pretty much jacked smash in unless people want to come and hang out with some smash in newcastle. i really aint up for travelling or organising anytime soon. As i say im just like a legend now >_>

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
ok so kones pretty much retired right now(have you started chpping in to the pension, old ma :p)so i'll see who else i can find to spearhead this thing. I'll post back when i find something.
We should probably have it in Durham though because housing, food and happiness costs the same price evrywhere: £5.25.
Hope something will happen, see you people later.

Ok after talking with a couple of my friends we've decided we probably could do this, but we might have to rent a hall or something. 10 People are difinately coming if it's happening and it's probably gonna be about £4 to enter but i need to know how long it's gonna be cos i think around 2 days is addequate.
Sorry bornfidelity cos it probably won't be worth coming for just 2 days but if we have it in a holiday it might last longer.

Ok i've had another talk with my friends and if we're going to have it anywhere it's gonna be saint oswalds institute in Durham but i need a headcount of who would be interested in coming to it. i need about 40 people to come and i've already got about 15+ (£4 for singles entry, £6 for doubles but nothing if you bring a tv or cube & game) and i was even thinking about making a bigger or better crew. Please tell me if your interested, see you later.

grayfox

Smash Champion
I suggest £5 for both main events and people bring cubes usually so that shouldnt take away their need for entrance fee, but apart from that sounds good stuff. I can bring a cube+game.

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
ok so thats about 26 people coming, need more to make it happen. By the way do you guys mind if we do some ps2 and n64 stuff because that way more people that live near me will come. Btw. theres about 20 serious smashers coming. so...
I WANT YOU!!
to come to this thing.
Oh amd if 40 people do come then the prize money for doubles and singles will be pretty big. £85 or more

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
rofl, two days is fine if i can get some cozy housing. if you need a cube + game, i will be able to take one, but if you don't need it, i won't cause it's extra stuff to carry all the way to england xD
besides
if you give me a timerange, i can plan on having some money at that point ^^

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
Same place i said before: st oslwalds institute, Durham, it can only hold 50 people though. But nothing is final untill i've worked out all the kinks and set a date for it.
By the way does anyone know how rankings can improve because i want to steal Kone's number 3 spot at least; I'm coming for you Koneyboy :uzi:.
But the thing is i'm not an adult yet so i can't legally rent it out for 2 days (although i think it's about £20 a day) so i'll get a friend of mine or my parents to do it with my money.
If this happens i'll be smiling for days, oh and bornfidelity there's know way your staying at my place if thats what you were implying (i can smell those feet from here).
By the way do you think anyone could make a poster or something in the emporium, i've tried asking but the threads are dead. I'm thinking of calling it Ragnarok: Where the gods go to die
or
Valhallah: Stocks-out or stocks-up.
or
A little north of sanity
or
Hellraiser: The demon with in
or
Bohimian Crapsody: The tital says it all.

Tell me which you one you think is the best.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
There aren't any official rankings for UK players, and Kone most certainly wouldn't be number 3.

You can't really think about hosting a tourney without covering some basics first.

Venue
Housing
Food
TVs
Cubes
Players

Make sure you have all these sorted before everything gets finalised.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
dude, no housing? :???:
what do you expect everyone does on a two-day tourney, head back home late at night and come back in the morning? x(

doh, someone living in the neighbourhood with a spare matrass? xD

besides
my feet don't smell

a lot

Kone

Smash Master
Haha whyd I be number 3?! where'd you get that from? good stuff.

If this happens, I might turn up and if I turn up then ill be able to house some people. But it depends on how many and who they are.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Chaos Genesis!!! That's what the tourney has to be.

No housing will remove the numbers pretty drastically as if no one has anywhere to stay they just plain can't come >_>

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
grayfox said:
No housing will remove the numbers pretty drastically as if no one has anywhere to stay they just plain can't come >_>
Wow Ryan, you're so clever.
Just like a miniature Buddha, covered in fur.

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
Ok ok i'll see if i can hook you up with some cheapity cheap hotels or something but this still might not happen. I should tell you i'm only 14 and my parents would freak if i invited a random dutchie to come and stay with us (we've got no room anyway). I've got tests coming up later in this year so if this thing doesn't happen it's because i've got more important things to settle aka. my future is more important than smash.
Ok and kone this where i picked up you being no. 3
Hey all, im a newcomer to the delights that are Link ^_^ though not a newcomer to smash ( ranked #3 in the UK, im normally a jiggly player ) .
Look up linkology if you don't believe it's real :chuckle:

Kone

Smash Master
Weird, ive never played link in my life x_X . Id house helios probs not bornfidelity unless i knew u were cool, lol

Adam es maximus

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry he probably wouldn't mind infact here's a depiction of the scene with a strange pervertial person looking, thats probably had to much mushrooms:

:mario: :pimp: :joyful:
See if you can guess who is who.
Anyway when everything is definately sorted for this thing we'll decide a date for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom