• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bugmen:Stanley the Bugman for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Sure by all means, I'm willing to give you a hand if you need any.
So count me in buddy.
Well, great! So I'll give you an update on possibly being my co-owner of my "Alice for SSB4!" thread and "Pilot Wings for SSB4" thread!

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I don't want to sound repetitive but unfortunately people seem to want me to repeat myself over and over again.
I already mentioned the case with Mr. Game & Watch. Just because Mr. Game & Watch happened to use the bug-spray, it doesn't mean Stanley the Bugman is instantly confirmed. He can alternative his one move if Stanley were to make it into the roster and use something else that he has in the Mr.Game & Watch games.
Because its kind of a big thing G&W having his most iconic move. Similar to Lips stick appearing as an item. Balloon fighters balloons ect.

Also as for the bees, they're not even from Donkey Kong 3, I noticed. They are taken from the Animal Crossing Series which is a completely different kind, then where it is in Stanley's game. If you've played his game you would probably know this. But I might assume too soon by thinking that you haven't actually played his game. But either way, I shouldn't assume to quickily. So let's move on from that shall we?
Bees are still bees. They will sting. How would stanley use them differently? Why include a bee item out of all the things that could be included, that would take away a unique aspect from a character? Also I've played the game. Only one of the donkey kong games I played on the nes. (other two I played on the coleco vision)

As for stage appearance, I doubt they'd make a Donkey Kong 3 stage just like that, knowing Sakurai I believe he'll probably make a stage based on Donkey Kong Jr.
If anything I'm guessing a transition stage of all three games.

Assist, nah can't see it happening because of the things I already mentioned before. He's far too unique to be put as an assist trophy, there has already been a huge set of characters with plenty of potential wasted, in the assist line. It even surprised me that Waluigi got turned into an assist trophy dispite him having so many fans, but it goes to show that Sakurai is in fact unpredictable.
He's known for one thing. Assist trophies do one thing... is makes sense to me he'll be an assist. The game launches very soon, and so far we don't even have a retro veteran character officially confirmed. I think we'll be seeing quiet a few retro assist trophies before launch.

Also another point to the completion thing, if they want a retro character from the arcade days. Pauline is just as likely, she finishes off the original trio. Plus she's appeared a lot more with the march of the mini games.

And I don't really care what Rare said about who Donkey Kong Jr became, because now its become inconsistent. Rare isn't around anymore. Donkey Kong Country Returns now say he's the current donkey kongs father, and not donkey kong himself. So I don't think he's represented till he appears as a character/donkey kong gets a donkey kong jr shirt/unitard? whatever it is.

He looks like a simple mario edit, and there isn't real info on how many costumes we're getting. If anyone gets a lot of costumes it should be mario. Lucina was originally going to be a Marth costume. So different characters being costumes doesn't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom