• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bulldog Brawl

Kaptain

Smash Ace
[FONT=&quot]The University of Georgia Gamer’s Association proudly presents:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Bulldog Brawl![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]A Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Date: February 5th, 2011[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Where: Tate Center, Room: 481[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] 45 Baxter Street, Athens, GA., 30606[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Warm-ups / Friendlies / Set-up begins at 4:00 PM[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tournament begins at 5:00 PM[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Door Fee: $10[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pot = Door Fees - $100[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Winnings[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1st: 60%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2nd: 30%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3rd: 10%[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] (All winnings are in the form of visa gift cards. I know, but that was the rules of the venue.)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Bring $ for pizza and drinks![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]------[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We Need Setups! A set-up includes TV + Wii + Brawl. If your setup gets used your meal is on us! (NO HDTVs as it causes lag.)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please pre – register if you can so we know how much food/drinks were going to need.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You can register:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]On AllIsBrawl or Smash World Forums[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]On the UGA Gamer’s Association Website[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]By e-mailing Matthew Collins at kaptain@uga.edu[/FONT]

Kaptain

Smash Ace
[FONT=&quot] Rule-set:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]3 Stock[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]8 minute time limit[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Items are set to None and Off[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Resolving Ties:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Wavebirds are allowed but discouraged, as there can be unwanted interference with controllers being on the same channel.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT][FONT=&quot]If you are using a WiiMote, a WiiMote w/ Nun chuck, or Classic Controller, please remove your batteries when you are not playing a match. This helps battery life and helps prevent interuptions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Extending Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape by leaving the ground and returning to it while invisible is banned. (For example, flicking the C-Stick up while holding down on the control stick during the move will cause this to happen.)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Stalling is banned.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Stalling:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Some interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Any Sudden Death (excluding time-outs) should be treated as a tie; which are resolved with a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]There will be no hacks used in this tournament, be it sound or texture.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ledge grab limit is set to 60.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]o [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ledge grab limit is only enforced when the match ends due to timeouts.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Set Format:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Opponents make their character select screen choices for the first match. *[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Opponents start the stage striking procedure.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List. **
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character.
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches.

*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match. Also, the choices made here include the character's color and whether the player will start as Samus or Zero Suit Samus, as Zelda or Sheik, or as a particular Pokemon for Pokemon Trainer.

**No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Stage Starter List:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Battlefield[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Yoshi’s Island[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Smashville[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lylat Cruise[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Final Destination[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Delfino Plaza[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Halbard[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Counter Picks:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]All Starters[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pokémon Stadium[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pokémon Stadium 2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Castle Siege[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Frigate Orpheon[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Brinstar[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pictochat[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Rainbow Cruise[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Jungle Japes[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Norfair[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pirate Ship[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Port Town Aero Drive

-------------------------------------
Attending:
01. Kaptain
02. Takk (?)
03. Reflex
04. Dynomite
05. HeroChima
06. Umby
07. Saltix
08. Zatch
09. M.C. Pee-Pants
10. disasterABDUL
11. NoID
12. 4 Aces
13. Kid Dizzy
14. AGuyNamedRaf
15. Nihongo-pokami (needs a ride)
16. Iblis
17. Milesg2g
18. Robin (needs a ride)
19. Brad
20. TheGreatKazoo
21. Flea
22. Scatt (?)
23. Kismet
24. DRN>
25. Player_1 (?)

Setups: ---- 7.3 out of 7
Kaptain - (Full)
Kid Dizzy - (Full)
Takk - (Full)
M.C. Pee-Pants - (Full)
Reflex - (Full)
TheGreatKazoo - (Full + TV)
Dynomite - (Full)
[/FONT]

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm hyped, should be able to go with the plan ahead notice.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Might want to change the stages listings.

But other than that count me in.
Whats wrong with the stage list? They are BBR legal. I just wanted to mix it up.

I'm down for this

EDIT: No teams?
Sorry, we might not have the time. Hopefully we will have some extra setups there if you guys want to do some unofficial doubles. But no actually doubles.

NoID

Smash Rookie
Iam down to go but i feel like 4-9 won't be enough time :/

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Iam down to go but i feel like 4-9 won't be enough time :/
I feel you got this information from a leak. LOL. If we can get enough people to pre-register then I might can get an hour added to our time. You guys have to remember that our venue is a college and not a hotel. They don't operate till 3 am (anyone remember SEIGE???)

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Hey guys. Less than a month left. Lets get some more hype going with this!!!

Edit: We still need setups. I'm hoping for about 7 - 8 but so far I only have 1. Please help. Its gets you free food!!!!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Aww, no Teams is a huge downer. I guess we'll see what happens. I'll do my best to make it to this.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Will there be any Melee at this tournament? Either way, I'm in.

Edit: This all I need to do to pre-register?

D

Deleted member

The next time you do this, add Melee as an event.

There's a lot of Melee players in GA who haven't been to an instate tournament since October when T06 occurred.

You'll probably be able to draw decent numbers from the Melee community into the tournament.

Kid Dizzy

Smash Rookie
you finally went through with it kaptain! i'll be at this fsho! since i live like 10 min away from tate =] hopefully everything runs smoothly! lemme know if you need help with anything kap!

Kaptain

Smash Ace
The next time you do this, add Melee as an event.

There's a lot of Melee players in GA who haven't been to an instate tournament since October when T06 occurred.

You'll probably be able to draw decent numbers from the Melee community into the tournament.
I appreciate the input. I've actually considered this myself. However, with this being the first tournament I've ever run, that and with all the red tape I've had to go through and the limited resources I have, this particular event is going to be for brawl. We just don't have the money, time, or manpower for anything else atm. However, if we can get a good enough turnout at this tourney and it goes smoothly, I plan on hosting future tournaments as well, and may include melee then.

So please don't think of me as anti-melee here, cause it is a great game. But if you'd like to see some melee tournament in athens in the future, come out a support us now. I personally will be at UGA for another 2 years or so, and would honestly love to host a tournament once a year, if not once a semester.

And if we have extra setups and TVs then we could always have some melee going on in the back! Speaking of which we still need setups!!! Please guys. I'm trying to get UGA to get us TVs, but no response yet. Remember, if we use your setup it means free food.

D

Deleted member

Ok, that's reasonable enough.

We had some interest in Melee from a small group of people from UGA a while ago where SleepyK went and visited. I'll talk to him about this and maybe we can bring a few Melee players to your tournament.

Maybe those Melee players there can help to organize the tournament or support your tournament in the future.

Thanks for the good response.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
@drpepper Thanks for the support man. Like I said, hopefully we'll have some setup for melee friendlies in the back for you guys.

@dizzy At this point man I'm willing to take anything. I only have 2 setups so far. You make a 3rd.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I'll be down for it if I can get a ride from someone. I would ask my parents but all the vehicles are taken for that day. :/

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
You should think about updating the first post with an attendance list and a count for set-ups.

I can bring a TV.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Updated. Thanks for the idea. And thanks for the TV. Now if you could bring a Wii and the game that would be GREAT!

Also, this thread does not have enough hype. We need more people!

Kaptain

Smash Ace
@kazoo awesome. Hope you can bring a wii as well. We need every thing still, not just tvs.

Also, we finally got the room finalized. Were gonna be in room 481.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Yeah, I forgot.

I also have a Wii I can bring.

Plus a recording setup.

I hope to have a mic by next Sat. for commentary as well.

Oh, and Kaptain: Since you have my number, give me a ring if you need any help setting up. I'll be there as early as needed to help sign up and what not.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Yeah, I forgot.

I also have a Wii I can bring.

Plus a recording setup.

I hope to have a mic by next Sat. for commentary as well.

Oh, and Kaptain: Since you have my number, give me a ring if you need any help setting up. I'll be there as early as needed to help sign up and what not.
Had your number... new phone and such now. But I have the same number if you still have mine. Just text me and tell me who ya are!

Also... hizzah on the recording stuff and other equipment. I'll be able to get you through to the internet if you want to try to live stream as well. I know you tried at Seige but couldn't get ahold of the interwebz. But i'll leave that totally up to you.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Had your number... new phone and such now. But I have the same number if you still have mine. Just text me and tell me who ya are!

Also... hizzah on the recording stuff and other equipment. I'll be able to get you through to the internet if you want to try to live stream as well. I know you tried at Seige but couldn't get ahold of the interwebz. But i'll leave that totally up to you.
Same number, and livestreaming? :awesome:

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Same number, and livestreaming? :awesome:
Oh, I went back into my PMs and found your number. And yeah I will likely give you a call. As far as the livestream is concerned, I'll leave that for you to decide. I personally just think it would be cool. And its a chance for you to use your equipment.

More notes for all:
We are good on TVs that we want for the tourney itself. Now we really just need 1 more console and game. However, the more extra sets we have the more chance for friendlies while you wait.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Please tell me that we aren't seriously using that stage list. :(

Kazoo i'll be able to provide that extra setup if i'm able to come. I'll try to confirm my attendance by Wednesday.

Kaptain

Smash Ace

Kazoo i'll be able to provide that extra setup if i'm able to come. I'll try to confirm my attendance by Wednesday.
Awesome. Hope you can make it man. And if you do bring a setup that would be the last one were trying to get for the tournament.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master

Sweet. :awesome:

Stage list is looking like Cubone's ladder.

That is something that should not be imitated.

Also, I might need a little help getting my TV into my car, so for those of you coming a little early, I might need to borrow you. Details later in the week.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
If I work things out, i will be bringing a FULL setup along with great importance of DRN> and Player_1

It would greatly improve my attendance rate if i get a time expectation of the ending time of the tournament.

Since its starting at 5, i expect that it is going to last until the late hours of the night. That hurts my chances, but we will see.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Well, we have the room until 10. Were hoping to be out of there by then. Seige lasted for about 7 hours or so w/ 108 people. That gives us about 5 hours w/ less people. I'm sure we could push a little later if we need to, but i am hoping to be done by 10. This shouldn't be as big as seige. But then again...:awesome:

Also, HIGH FIVE on bringing the setup. Wanted that free food huh? The more setups the faster we can get through this and be out by 10.

Top Bottom