• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The BUM movement.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
DK is very fun to play as. Bum is a breakthrough smasher who took fourth place using DK at MLG Long Island recently.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I started playing DK just a few weeks ago when I heard how awesome BUM is!!!! I wish I had started playing DK sooner, like say 3.5 years ago, so I could have been the best DK for a while, and then even when BUM appeared I could make crappy posts to try to make sure people don't forget about me, but alas...

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I started playing DK just a few weeks ago when I heard how awesome BUM is!!!! I wish I had started playing DK sooner, like say 3.5 years ago, so I could have been the best DK for a while, and then even when BUM appeared I could make crappy posts to try to make sure people don't forget about me, but alas...
Who the **** are you?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've mained Dk since the ol' 64 days. BUM is totally an inspiration now though., low teir ftw!

halfDemon

Smash Lord
Yeah, and then you could call yourself AOB...

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
I use DK in every game that he's playable. I always have. I think most of the DK players have played him longer than BUM has been well known. But BUM does rock.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Why? Because then you can become a well-known DK and one day just vanish from the tourney scene all mysterious like. And then someone would say: "What happened to AOB? He use to be sick." And a DK player would answer: "Uh-roo?"

Seriously, play more. Go to Pound 2.
OHH BURN. Anyway, I haven't ever heard of you getting 4th in a MLG, but if you did, please enlighten me.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
AOB is arguably the best DK stateside other than BUM. But he's never got 4th at an MLG with DK. I'm not even sure if he's been to an MLG.

Have you AOB?

Besides, he doesn't main DK. He's just that good.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
The reason I mysteriously vanished was because I mysteriously stopped being good.

I mean, it was gradual, but you know.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
I went DK for no reason at all, just a spurr of the moment type a thing
I guess because of CJ I kept through with it

Hey is Bum the only pro still using DK? Is Canada Mike still up in here?

halfDemon

Smash Lord
The reason I mysteriously vanished was because I mysteriously stopped being good.

I mean, it was gradual, but you know.
Maybe you should mysteriously reappear... Are you still regularly playing/practicing? Because when a nobody friend of mine beats you, albeit a close match (and a Peach), something says you gotta start practicing again/hard. There has to be a reason for why you stopped being good.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
What nobody friend was that? Refresh my memory.

I continue to play every now and then here in Champaign where I am still considered to be good.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
This thread title makes me giggle. Also much respect to BUM for fighting so well in such an uphill battle.

Link226

Smash Ace
I hate that people just started to know who Bum is and started to make threads about him after MLG. Hes a legend, and everybody who plays competitively in NYC know his DK is no joke.

Mars-

Smash Champion
I hate that people just started to know who Bum is and started to make threads about him after MLG. Hes a legend, and everybody who plays competitively in NYC know his DK is no joke.
Rofl, I have known about bum for a while. Actually I've known about him since tipman made a big *** deal about him. But now that he won 4th almost everyone should know about him. And there are also videos too.

BUM163

Smash Lord
lol yo wassssup.who made this room?when my friend told me there was a room like this i was surprise man but i'm glad there is n appericate all the people that give me credit n give me respect.well if ya wanna know who i beat this is the list,korean dj,foward,chu dat,isai,pc chris,wes,dire,dave,killaor,marcus the shiek player,alejandro,tetra,trail n zan the falco player.the person that got me into tournaments is jay0yea n wes.the first tournament i came into i came in third n shock everyone.i guess people thought it was a fluke but then constantly i stood top four in every tournament that i been 2.i play every character in the game n on tournament level just like dk but i prefer dk cuz i been playin him since part one n i love big characters.i also play a pretty mean bowser.i would tell ya don't choose dk cuz of me but play wit any character that u like.i done seen pikachus that r good,my ness is tough as nails 2 beat,mewtwo is great also,itz all on the person skill.i neva seen aob play but i heard hiz dk is great n thatz wassssup i give that guy respect or anyone cuz dk is huge n hard 2 play as but give in time wit a character n u learn things that r crazy.if any of ya wanna train wit me one day i live in the bx.my aol name is oni163 or message me here.there will b more videos of me 2 come includin me playin otha characters.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Wow, BUM seems like an awesome guy to hang out with. I wish I was in his area. I like the way he beats extremely good people, and is nice about it. Most people that are really good never want to play with people under their skill level. But by the way BUM talks and stuff he seems different, and more humble.

I hope to see you at Pound 2, I'll be there. I need to play vs your DK with my Falco.

BUM163

Smash Lord
oh na itz good 2 see people come from low level to high level.itz crazy cuz i remember killafox n acemarth use 2 suck but they use 2 play me alot n then like a month lata i play them again n they was madddd good yo.it doesn't matter wat skill level u on i'll still play u n give tips when asked.i used 2 think pc was conceited n m2k was cocky but it was the opposite n me n m2k talk n me n pc also talk.kdj is mad cool also i call that guy vegeta cuz everytime we talk he wants 2 beat who beat him which is y he the man cuz he has that drive

halfDemon

Smash Lord
What nobody friend was that? Refresh my memory.

I continue to play every now and then here in Champaign where I am still considered to be good.
Me14k. He wears glasses.

Champaign isn't too far away. You should come to by the next time there is a local/Chicago area tourney. I'd love to DK ditto you and get some real lessons.

Most pros really aren't that rude. Except Azen... maybe he just didn't like me.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
BUM is exactly right. Don't pick characters becuase someone else is good with them. Pick who you like and you can make them good. Bum is living proof. Mad props, BUM.

BUM163

Smash Lord
thx i'm goin 2 smashality which is in nj.hoepfully i can do my thang there.i'll keep ya updated n 2day is the usual weekly i go 2 in the village at astor

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Me14k. He wears glasses.
Ha, well, I have played a lot of people with glasses, and I don't remember this name. Where was this? I'm very disappointed to hear that I was beaten by a nobody friend.

Top Bottom