• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The C-Stick is cheap if you use it for smashes

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
A lot of people on these forums, mainly the newer people, have said that using the C-Stick for smash attacks is cheap. I know this has probably been disscussed years ago before, but I just want to let everyone know, mostly the new people, that the C-stick is NOT cheap at all. In fact it is NEEDED to do certain things like smashing forward while in the air and still move backwards.

Pressing A and the control stick forward takes as much skill as perssing the C-stick over, so how is using the C-stick cheap? It isn't.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is the C-stick better with Smashes or attacks, because I have an easier time using smashes with A...

GoForkUrself

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, umm, no one says that here. We have posted that people that don't use Smashboards say that. I had someone tell me that a few weeks ago. I then said if he thought that it was cheap he should B-stick, and now he does that.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
People like to complain because they are losing to people who just rotate the cstick and do random smashes over and over. In other words, it's cheap because it's working on them, and chances are that they suck. :p

No one competent cares if you use the cstick. Use it as much as you want.

DrakeFreedom

Smash Cadet
People like to complain because they are losing to people who just rotate the cstick and do random smashes over and over. In other words, it's cheap because it's working on them, and chances are that they suck. :p

No one competent cares if you use the cstick. Use it as much as you want.
amen brotha

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i actually have seen people complain about the c-stick. it's ridiculous.

-hiro
Well, if we use some of the arguments said in other games,

not using the C-stick would require more skill and increase competition...

But I use it anyway

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, if we use some of the arguments said in other games,

not using the C-stick would require more skill and increase competition...

But I use it anyway
"It increases competition"? Never mind the vagueness, you're still wrong.

I'll argue against both possible ways you could've meant this:
* It will increase the number of people who enter tournaments - People don't enter tournaments because others use the C-stick? Then they're idiotic scrubs and who cares about those, anyway?
* Not using the C-stick will make the game more competitive - How does it become more competitive if you handicap yourself? You now have to do smashes manually, possibly mistiming them. You also can't do reverse aerials in the air with full momentum. Heck, you're giving up Double Stick DI:ing and enhanced Tap-DI:ing. But I guess it'll become more competitive because... um... cookies.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"It increases competition"? Never mind the vagueness, you're still wrong.

I'll argue against both possible ways you could've meant this:
* It will increase the number of people who enter tournaments - People don't enter tournaments because others use the C-stick? Then they're idiotic scrubs and who cares about those, anyway?
* Not using the C-stick will make the game more competitive - How does it become more competitive if you handicap yourself? You now have to do smashes manually, possibly mistiming them. You also can't do reverse aerials in the air with full momentum. Heck, you're giving up Double Stick DI:ing and enhanced Tap-DI:ing. But I guess it'll become more competitive because... um... cookies.
It was a joke because of another game, that's in development...

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
I don't think people should complain about anything about brawl. Try your best to adapt to the god-****-VIDEO GAME. No...what's-his-name? Johns.

Except tripping, which is ******** until further notice.

Riolu

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand how it's cheap. You're tilting a stick instead of tilting another stick and pressing a button. What's so cheap about it?

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
i really dont see why its cheap your just using the c stick to get the smash quicker its not like your the only one who can use the c stick

btw yuna youre not the law

SFJake

Smash Apprentice
Funny thing is, C-Stick is not even faster. The ONLY basic thing it can do and you can't do on the normal stick is attacking in one direction in the air while moving in another. Even so, using the control stick to do that wouldn't make such a big change if you are fast.

But if you keep to the basic, smashing is as fast with the normal stick. You only need to press A as well, and be sure you did a smash motion, but its really easy to get the hang of, and its doesn't make it slower or less accurate.

Someone whining about the C-Stick is whining for nothing.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Anyone that thinks the C-Stick is cheap is just a scrub that has set a mental block for themselves that is just going to limit how good they'll get at this game.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
...Really? I haven't heard anyone complain about the C-stick here yet. Where did you see this complaint?
You would never hear anyone complaining about the c stick in a competative atmosphere.

Is the C-stick better with Smashes or attacks, because I have an easier time using smashes with A...
It's better for Smash attacks with no charge. I have a better time just using the control stick and a. For me, adjusting my thumb to the c stick is just a small waste of time.

Really? I hear it a lot.

"DON'T SPAM THE C-STICK!"
"STOP SPAMMING THE C-STICK!"
I hear it from scrawny 11 year olds (my brother's friends) that think they can take me. Most of them didn't know how to sidestep dodge. :******:

The Executive

Smash Lord
Within the confines of my mortal shell in T-Town.
i really dont see why its cheap your just using the c stick to get the smash quicker its not like your the only one who can use the c stick

btw yuna youre not the law
Wow, this sounds envious. WOW. When did Yuna ever presume to be anything other than an intelligent poster?

Anyway, the C-stick argument doesn't apply to me as I have controls set to B-STICK. Even then, I only use it for certain characters (T. Link mostly). If I were smart, I'd have a separate control scheme for stutter-stepping seeing as how I occasionally use "t3h kn33" Man, but I'm too lazy.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
c-stick isn't cheap no one normal thinks so personally i don't use it i find it akward

Steck

Smash Journeyman
I can't see why some consider it cheap. Sometimes you need quick smashes and you want to know 100% that you will get them right when you need them. What if your finger slips wile trying to get that fsmash but you get ftilit?You die as your opponent laughs and calls you a n00b.

Plus can you imagine a good Olimar with out quick smashes?

D13

Smash Ace
A few of my friends complained that I use the c-stick. It's just an excuse they give when they lose, they have to blame it on something. But there's nothing wrong with the c-stick.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I can't see why some consider it cheap. Sometimes you need quick smashes and you want to know 100% that you will get them right when you need them. What if your finger slips wile trying to get that fsmash but you get ftilit?You die as your opponent laughs and calls you a n00b.

Plus can you imagine a good Olimar with out quick smashes?
The c-stick is only good for quick smashes and B-Stick (I prefer).

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
I know people who thought c-sticking was cheap in melee, but I never understood that argument...

I never used the c-stick in melee (not because I thought it was unfair, obviously, I just never did) but now I use at all the time in brawl

kevlar14

Smash Rookie
ugh this is prolly one of the main reasons why i hate playing with my friends. they all think that C-Stick is cheap and noobish, and worst of all, they think they know when you're C-sticking (something about hearing a ping, then again, they have weird claims all the time), which they don't! sooo frustrating...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to guess, because of your avatar, Starcraft 2 and the whole deal with multiple building selection?
Wow, we have a winner!

Yeah, I just think the whole thing is funny

You visit Battle.net?

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Don't forget that if you take items off during this moment of the right way of play, that you go to smash hell where the only smashers are Bill Cosby, a turkey sandwich, and Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle's son with down syndrome.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Ermm... well I guess you could call this a post PRAISING C-stick usage, et complaning about ch00bs and such?

*insert random quote to make self look clever*

In the words of Morpheus,

"Remember, the Matrix is only a system, Neo."

Top Bottom